Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Arc are you stirring the pot again....lol What up man? You watch the race tonight?
seems he is each to his own i guess and yep watched the race.come on jimmie s@#$

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
*siigh*

Thank you for at least buying a Corvette...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #17
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I disagree...sorry. To each his own.
No problem , disagreement is fine. I just dont see the need for the bashing. The guy changed his mind he changed his mind, more Camaros for you.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
You could have had the entire dash customized with the finest leather available and done a bunch of mods for the 15K difference to a base Z06. I agree the Vette is nice but its not a fair comparison. What car manufactured today for 35K can you compare to a Vette. I cant think of a single one. GM has done good things for a Vette and good things for a Camaro. Oh maybe go check out a ZR1 and see how your current Vette compares to that. Not a fair comparison is it? Thanks for the opinion though. If we all agreed it would not be any fun.
Base is $30,995 for the Camaro SS, makes it even harder to compare these 2 cars.

To OP

Expectations of a $31k base are way too high IMO. If you don't like it then you don't like it but making statements that just aren't relevant helps no one out. Also you mention that you have owned 2cd, 3rd and 4th gen Camaros and state that this 5th gen is nothing like them accept for wearing the same badge. Nevermind the fact that the 5th was inspired by the 1st gen Camaro, this car is screaming Camaro all the way through. You no like the 1st or the 5th, fine, but you cannot tell me that this car does not say Camaro accept only in badge. Get real! I hope you find what you need, but it sounds to me your options will be very limited!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
To each their own.

Over the last few years while I was waiting for the Camaro to become a reality I decided I would get a little something to pass the time. First I looked at the 2006 Z06 Corvette. WOW, awesome car, great technology but...... Not for me. Then over to the Shelby GT500, nope. A quick look at the Challenger, Dodge, nah. Then back to a 2009 Z-06 well.... I'm just not a Corvette guy. To each their own. Good deals on the Vette right now though and thanks for freeing up a Camaro for others.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #20
ArcAngel

Yea the vette prices are crazzzy right now!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I wasnt talking about the Mustang you said that for the PRICE the interior is comparable. For a Car at 35,OOO the interior is lacking. Shit you can get an AUDI A4 with an interior that kills the Camaro. Now we are talking interior right, because that was the guys hang up. thats why I made the comment about HP. the problem with you guys is you respond with an answer that had nothing to do with the guys dislikes. He says interior was poor for him and trunk was small. All you guys can say is HP HP HP!!! My point is some people buy cars for more than just HP
Than if you are buying a car for MORE than HP maybe this is not the right car. But for cars with the big HP outputting engines, you will not get the fancy Audi interior at $35, you will at $45K like a Vette. And with the fancy audi interior, you get a so so engine with 220 HP pushing a lot of weight.

Point is in this class (Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers) at $35K this is what you get. I happen to like the clean slate look because I like to personalize it and make it unique anyway. So I would rather plain and simple. I have been in this car many times and drive and rent many cars, like a G37 last week. There are things in all cars I like and dislike. Look at the Challenger, for $45K you get the same interior as the 300M...wasn't that car like $30K.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #22
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
I didn't expect the car to be a corvette, because its not, nor is it priced like one. However, comparing it to other cars in its class, I don't think it holds up. I've owned an 04 GTO, an 06 and 07 Mustang GT and a c5z06 along with all the f-bods. I can honestly tell you the quality of the interior isn't half of what the GTO was and I can say its about in line with whats in the 05-09 mustang, not the new stang. The challenger has better seats and interior components compared to the camaro. Go and look for yourself. Yeah, the car has 426 hp, and that is awesome, but that isn't everything. My GTO was 400 hp and I hated driving it. I had more fun driving the Mustang GT. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this car, and I have been one also. Look at what I wrote and go see for yourself. I'm sure they will be at least a few people that will feel the same way. A lot of people haven't even had a chance to drive one yet. It just would have been nice to sit in the car and feel like I'm in a Camaro. Go and drive it.. If I'm wrong, that's great and enjoy your car. It is a fabulous car, not perfect, and it just wasn't for me. I would pay the extra 7k for a vette, or seriously go look at a Challenger or Mustang. I wasn't trying to start a thread war, just wanted to voice my 2 cents.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #23
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
No problem , disagreement is fine. I just dont see the need for the bashing. The guy changed his mind he changed his mind, more Camaros for you.
I wasn't bashing him, I was bashing you for using that "defenders of the Camaro" line. You are not giving us people who actually LIKE the interior any respect. It is not the first time we disagree, I am sure it will not be the last......you damn jersey guys.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #24
ArcAngel

Quote:
Than if you are buying a car for MORE than HP maybe this is not the right car. But for cars with the big HP outputting engines, you will not get the fancy Audi interior at $35, you will at $45K like a Vette. And with the fancy audi interior, you get a so so engine with 220 HP pushing a lot of weight.

Point is in this class (Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers) at $35K this is what you get. I happen to like the clean slate look because I like to personalize it and make it unique anyway. So I would rather plain and simple. I have been in this car many times and drive and rent many cars, like a G37 last week. There are things in all cars I like and dislike. Look at the Challenger, for $45K you get the same interior as the 300M...wasn't that car like $30K.
Well here is the truth there are things I like and dislike about every car except maybe a ferrari F430 JESUS I LOVE THAT CAR LOL , so in the end if the person who decides any of the above don't or do fit its personal preference. I would tell you why I chose different, but I would get banned again for bringing it up. (HINT: It's not the interior)
Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #25
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
you ' critique ' the Camaro interior and he 'bashes' the mustang...
mmmm: as usual, it is only wrong when someone else does it.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
ArcAngel

Quote:
I wasn't bashing him, I was bashing you for using that "defenders of the Camaro" line. You are not giving us people who actually LIKE the interior any respect. It is not the first time we disagree, I am sure it will not be the last......you damn jersey guys.
SHHHHH dont tell anyone I'm a jersey guy I try not to let anyone know I wasnt born here and I hate being here LOL
Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #27
ArcAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
you ' critique ' the Camaro interior and he 'bashes' the mustang...
mmmm: as usual, it is only wrong when someone else does it.
Actually I didnt Critic any interior so huh?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #28
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
the interior is in no way comparable to the interior of cars in that price range, especially if you leave the category of car out of the equation
REALLY?

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
Closed Thread