Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #29
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot SS View Post
Viper ACR= 600HP beast of a supercar
GT 500= Supercharged $50,000 car
Camaro SS= $34,000 machine

Why are you comparing these?
Well for one thing, the fact that he's comparing these three cars at all in the first place says a lot about the appeal of the Camaro SS.. It looks better than both of those machines he has and is half the price of the Viper and almost $20,000 less than the GT500.... I paid $32,000 for my SS after taxes and tag.. Overall if you think it feels slow off the line compared to those two monsters above stock for stock, then unless you spend those extra $10,000 to mod the Camaro to give it those extra horses, 427HP will still feel slow to you.. Remember that the Camaro having the same engine as the 2010 Corvette is still slower mainly because of the extra weight that it carries. The Camaro is a great looking car that will wake up after 1,500 miles or so and after your first oil change so give it some time and you'll see it has a little more punch to it than you are feeling now. However it will never be as fast as your other cars unless you do something to make the Maro faster..plain and simple..
Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #30
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
I'll have to remember to buy a Camaro off the forums, that's the only place that you could find them for that price.

Special edition car
its not really that hard to get on for MSRP. Most dealers have figured out that if they dont sell for MSRP, you will go somewhere that does
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
I'll have to remember to buy a Camaro off the forums, that's the only place that you could find them for that price.
My god you've done it now...You have mentioned that a camaro may actually cost more than 34k. You have opened Pandora's box.

Incoming stories of incredibly low prices of Camaro's bought in some place in the USA and how you should order 4 states away and 12 hours drives from your home to get one at these prices.

MY GOD MAN!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ??????
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #32
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
My god you've done it now...You have mentioned that a camaro may actually cost more than 34k. You have opened Pandora's box.

Incoming stories of incredibly low prices of Camaro's bought in some place in the USA and how you should order 4 states away and 12 hours drives from you home to get one at these prices.

Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
chicagojoe16

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post

Incoming stories of incredibly low prices of Camaro's bought in some place in the USA and how you should order 4 states away and 12 hours drives from your home to get one at these prices.

I drove all of 5 miles to get mine under MSRP.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #34
djpheer

Drives: 08 Civic SI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Well for one thing, the fact that he's comparing these three cars at all in the first place says a lot about the appeal of the Camaro SS.. It looks better than both of those machines he has and is half the price of the Viper and almost $20,000 less than the GT500.... I paid $32,000 for my SS after taxes and tag.. Overall if you think it feels slow off the line compared to those two monsters above stock for stock, then unless you spend those extra $10,000 to mod the Camaro to give it those extra horses, 427HP will still feel slow to you.. Remember that the Camaro having the same engine as the 2010 Corvette is still slower mainly because of the extra weight that it carries. The Camaro is a great looking car that will wake up after 1,500 miles or so and after your first oil change so give it some time and you'll see it has a little more punch to it than you are feeling now. However it will never be as fast as your other cars unless you do something to make the Maro faster..plain and simple..
I never post but... you think the Camaro looks better than a Viper?
djpheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #35
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Didn't a Forum member get a 12.87@109 bone stock? Obviously, results will vary with conditions, and with driver ability, but that's really quick anyway you slice it. May just be a matter of breaking it in, and what exactly where the expectations?
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #36
Mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpheer View Post
Actually... The original ones in the early 90's where gorgeous, not really a fan of them later....
Old 07-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #37
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Actually... The original ones in the early 90's where gorgeous, not really a fan of them later....
...Camaro looks better now.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #38
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
My '06 Viper coupe makes my '10 Camaro look like the invisible woman. No way in hell I'd ever agree that a Camaro looks better than a Viper. LOL!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #39
Supermans

Quote:
Yes I do think the Camaro looks better than a Viper..Don't get me wrong, the Viper looks great, however it all boils down to personal opinion..
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #40
Mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
My '06 Viper coupe makes my '10 Camaro look like the invisible woman. No way in hell I'd ever agree that a Camaro looks better than a Viper. LOL!
Not saying it does, Opinions are like aholes. My opinion is the Viper never looked better than it did shortly after it's debut. The newer ones look, well, wierd to me.

And to me, the Camaro may never of looked as good as it does NOW...... uhh... wow... yea yea ok I went there.... We need a flamesuit smiley!!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #41
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Not saying it does, Opinions are like aholes. My opinion is the Viper never looked better than it did shortly after it's debut. The newer ones look, well, wierd to me.

And to me, the Camaro may never of looked as good as it does NOW...... uhh... wow... yea yea ok I went there.... We need a flamesuit smiley!!

I agree with you that the original Viper looks way better than the newer ones which seemed to have lost their shape.. Kind of like the 69 Vette's which looked amazing and curved making the newer Vette's look dull in comparison.. The Camaro is much curvier than the latest Vette iteration which is part of its appeal.. It has that 1969 Vette look to it in terms of styling.. The original Viper was just radically different than anything else on the road which is what the Vette was and now the Camaro is.. Like any new vehicle where there aren't that many on the road, the Camaro gets lots of looks. Especially because of Bumblebee in Transformers.. I just don't see it wearing out anytime soon since its already imprinted in everybody's head how cool the car looks... The Mustang has a long way to go in redesigning a new generation Mustang which looks better..

2006 Viper..In my opinion loses its nice curves..

Last edited by Supermans; 07-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #42
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I certainly do but I grew up loving camaro's. Vipers are cool but for me they borderline the exotic category. Camaro is easily the hottest "everyday" car available IMHO.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote