Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #127
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Looking forward to going to the Super Bowl...I hope to be in the stands at the game. Maybe even a snowstorm?!?

As far as Sherman, he was interviewed right after one of the best plays of the game that sealed the game. I actually laughed out loud when I heard it because it was so WWE like. And I knew some people would freak out over it.

Fact is, Crabtree had been talking trash before and during the game.

So I really have no problems with Sherman putting Crabtree (who was ineffective against the LOB) in his place.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #128
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Everybody's so negative in this thread and the AFC championship game thread. We could have one of the best super bowls of all time coming up: best defense against best offense, #1 NFC team against the #1 AFC team.

Us tried and true diehard Seahawks fans - not the bandwagon fans - are used to everything about the Seahawks being negative... and we thrive on it!!

It is only the 2nd time the #1 seeds have played in the Superbowl since 1993. It's going to be a FANTASTIC game!!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #129
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Everybody's so negative in this thread and the AFC championship game thread. We could have one of the best super bowls of all time coming up: best defense against best offense, #1 NFC team against the #1 AFC team.
Too bad you won't be able to yell your way to a Super Bowl win in NJ.
Bronocs 30 - Seattle 16
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #130
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Too bad you won't be able to yell your way to a Super Bowl win in NJ.
Bronocs 30 - Seattle 16
Go Bronocs!
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #131
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Randy, I think due to the rivalry which has only been around a couple years draws more attention to yesterday's game from the NFC fans, especially with all the trash talk from fanboys (on both sides) than the superbowl will. It's like if the packers and bears met in the NFC championship game, or like the Pats/Broncos game was. To fans, a rivalry game is always going to be more interesting/hyped than playing a team that isn't a HEATED rival. I could care less if the Broncos/Pats are better or worse than the niners (or seahawks for that matter).

That's not to say that it's a more important game than the superbowl, but beating your rival if only a newish rival is almost, if not as important as going to the superbowl.

Yesterday was a great game. The seahawks got their running game going, and were able to overcome the defecit and come up with a big stop when needed (last play). My hat goes off to them. I think they'll have a very difficult time in the big game because of the lack of home field advantage (they don't play nearly as well on the road) but Wilson is smart and Lynch is a beast, so who knows. Good game Seattle fans and good luck to you guys in the 'bowl.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #132
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Randy, I think due to the rivalry which has only been around a couple years draws more attention to yesterday's game from the NFC fans, especially with all the trash talk from fanboys (on both sides) than the superbowl will. It's like if the packers and bears met in the NFC championship game, or like the Pats/Broncos game was. To fans, a rivalry game is always going to be more interesting/hyped than playing a team that isn't a HEATED rival. I could care less if the Broncos/Pats are better or worse than the niners (or seahawks for that matter).

That's not to say that it's a more important game than the superbowl, but beating your rival if only a newish rival is almost, if not as important as going to the superbowl.

Yesterday was a great game. The seahawks got their running game going, and were able to overcome the defecit and come up with a big stop when needed (last play). My hat goes off to them. I think they'll have a very difficult time in the big game because of the lack of home field advantage (they don't play nearly as well on the road) but Wilson is smart and Lynch is a beast, so who knows. Good game Seattle fans and good luck to you guys in the 'bowl.
Ah. Ok well that makes sense. A more compelling game I will agree.

I thought you were making an 'SEC' type statement by saying those were the two best teams anyway.

And maybe they are.

But I'd disagree in that case. hahaha
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #133
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Fact is, Crabtree had been talking trash before and during the game.
Also people don't know some of the back story between the 2.... Supposedly last year at a charity event Sherman tried to shake Crabtree's hand and Crabtreee tried to start a fight. Sherman vowed to "embarrass" Crabtree after that....

Trying to find the article I read about it....

EDIT: quick blurb about it..... could be true could be false.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-last-year/
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #134
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
All that being said.... He probably could have been a little more classy.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #135
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

Ahhhh.... you forget the Broncos/Seahawks rivalry from when the Seahawks were in the AFC! It may not be a current rivalry, but true fans for both teams will remember, and it will be a great rivalry game!!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #136
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=621388217908371

Good analysis, in my opinion....Then again, I'm a fan of Sherm...

(Oh, and for those of you who may not know, he's a 5th Gen Camaro owner )

Old 01-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #137
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wow. Seriously? You think the Niners are better than the Broncos?

I think the Broncos are the best team in the NFL. I'll be rooting Hawks this year but I don't think they'll beat Denver.
Denver has the best passing attack, but I'm not sure that they have better overall talent than the 49ers or Seattle. Both of those teams are loaded.

Let's just hope the game is a good one.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #138
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #139
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Also of note:

Sherman and Crabtree were mic'd up on Sunday. Should be interesting to see what was said.

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/...57045962125313
Old 01-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #140
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

http://www.theonion.com/articles/is-...%3A1%3ADefault