Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Noctis

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
DRL how do you disable

How do you disable DRL or know your Camaro has it because im getting an HID kit for my eagle eyes with a harness but they said i have to disable it in order to make my lights work better
Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Noctis

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Also how do you know if you have DRL on your Camaro? Because someone told me from theretrofitsource that the DRL might be affecting my lights and backfeeding causing my BCM to go haywire so im scared of putting my Eagle eyes back on
Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Also how do you know if you have DRL on your Camaro? Because someone told me from theretrofitsource that the DRL might be affecting my lights and backfeeding causing my BCM to go haywire so im scared of putting my Eagle eyes back on
It's not going to hurt the car. It will kill your HID lights though. Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are often just a low voltage signal on the headlights. Halogen bulbs don't mind but the ballasts in an HID setup does not like low voltage at all. We have killed many a FRC 12V 150 Watt HID floodlight at work from low voltage. To get around that you use your DRL/headlight signal to activate a relay which in turn will transfer full power to the HID setup. The harness that comes with TRS kits I think is made to do that.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote