Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
PDR - drilling in door or remove panels?

Called a few places about door dings and many are saying they would drill in side of door to access ding. I'd rather not... Anyone had PDR done and they take off the door panel instead? How much more work is that? What do you guys think about drilling in the door?
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Its honestly not that big a deal for them to drill if they can't access the area with their tools otherwise.

I had a dent in a weird spot on my last truck they drilled an access hole in the door jam, fixed the dent, then popped a rubber grommet into the hole and sealed it up with a silicone type adhesive.

It just looked like a factory bolt or something next to the rest of the door hardware. You'd never know it wasn't there from the factory unless someone told you.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Yeah I'm sure it's not a big deal, I just don't really want to do it! Anyone else had any experiences with PDR on doors?
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Had pdr done on our malibu. He went in from the window slot. Used a protective plate and a small spreader. Did need holes in jamb to access rear quarter panel. Best to have someone look at the car rather than call.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote