Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-01-2019, 04:13 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
A Turtle Wax Detail

Yesterday, I detailed my Mother in Law`s 2010 Ford Edge. This car is the definition of neglected as I am the only one to clean it and she only has me do it once (MAYBE twice a year), otherwise it`s untouched - which could be a good thing as there are no swirl-o-matic car washes or hack detailers involved in its care.

With my recent obsession with Turtle products, I decided to do a total Turtle polishing & waxing of the car. The only non-Turtle products used were Meg`s Hyper Wash for the paintwork and Purple Power for the wheels and tires.

I should have clayed the car, but I just didn`t want to :P Anyhow, After washing the car (it was literally squeaky clean afterwards - there is NOTHING on the paint), I broke out the Turtle Wax *Clean Finish Polishing Compound. Using my PC and a Meguiar`s thin foam polishing pad, I put 3 - 4 pea sized drops on the pad, spread it around on the surface, then started polishing. There was no drama involved, the polish simply did as it was supposed to do. Work time was excellent and even in a few areas that were in direct sunlight, it performed perfectly. It was never hard to remove and it didn`t leave anything behind except a flawless finish - no smearing or difficulty removing it, even in the sunlight. No dusting, no drama.

The car looked awesome after just the polishing, literally a showroom finish. I put two applications of Seal N Shine on the paint, about 30 minutes apart and took a break before starting a minor cleaning of the interior. When the interior was finished, I wiped down the paint with Turtle ICE Spray Detailer. There were a few streaks and some light smearing from the SNS and the Spray Detailer removed them all. No real improvement in shine or gloss over the appearance the polish created from the application of the SNS.

The tires were treated with Turtle Wet and Black Tire Protectant and as per the instructions, I let it "set up" for a few minutes after application prior to driving the car to prevent sling.

Sorry there are no "Sun Shots," but I was racing the weather and the sky had completely clouded over.

I will admit, I might have used my MIL`s car as a guinea pig for the Polishing Compound, I couldn`t just use it on the Camaro without testing it out first now could I?

Long story short: I think the Clean Finish Polishing Compound is a winner. I definitely see a future with it in my detailing adventures.

And now for the pics - like I said, overcast skies and I wanted to deliver the car before the rain hit, so my MIL could see the results so I only took a few.

Here's the video that got me off the fence for trying the Turtle Clean Finish Polishing Compound

Turtle Wax Polishing Compound
Old 10-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it does look good.too bad its a ford,but i guess it cant help that.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
it does look good.too bad its a ford,but i guess it cant help that.
It's a Mother in Law car AKA a test subject before I use the Turtle Wax on the Camaro .... That way there's no harm done if the stuff bombed. Which fortunately it didn't. LOL

Looks like I WILL be using it on the Camaro this weekend.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:52 PM   #4
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Good review!

I get a giggle on how we use other cars as guinea pigs.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yeah...when i got my orbital polisher the test subject was my wifes 94 nissan.it actually has a little shine to it now.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The Turtle Wax Ice line is pretty good for a retail product.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote