Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
zoutlawss

Drives: 2018 1LE
Lightbulb Six Auto Detailing Steps For The Perfect Camaro

My six steps to make your Camaro stand out from the rest
#adamspolishes

zoutlawss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Seems like a advertisement over a informational video
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #3
zoutlawss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Seems like a advertisement over a informational video
LOL how is a video showing you what I use to get the 1LE a advertisement video ? Typical New Yorkers ha

Clearly you did not watch the video and I am not sponsored by Adams Polishes but I do know the best damn detailing products on the market and this company by far takes it
Old 06-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
I use Brilliant Glaze and Buttery or Americana Wax and get compliments all the time.

I think Brilliant Glaze is the best product Adams makes.
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #5
zoutlawss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
I use Brilliant Glaze and Buttery or Americana Wax and get compliments all the time.

I think Brilliant Glaze is the best product Adams makes.

Brilliant Glaze is freaking awesome. I also like the buttery wax as well. tried the new CS3 the other day and that stuff is amazing
Old 06-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
You don't flip clay to the unused side after using one side, you fold the clay to make two fresh sides, and make it into a patty again. Clay will last much longer this way.

I only use traditional clay when doing a car with very soft paint, which excludes 5th and 6th gen factory paint on Camaro's.

The SM Speedy prep towel (fine grade) does the claying job in about 1/3rd of the time, requires no pressure to use, if dropped on the ground can be rinsed in warm water for a minute, will release every particle on it, and can be used on the paint again with no chance of damage. No kneading required. Fold it in 1/4th's, rinse with warm water after all 4 sides are used. It lasts for 90-100 uses. Traditional clay is obsolete.

Compounding is only needed one time, and by using proper wash technique, is never needed again.

I don't use traditional finishing polish anymore. Carpro Essence does the job in less than 1/2 the time, with outstanding results.

After you polish it's imperative to remove any residue or oils left on the clear coat. Use IPA or Carpro Eraser. Whatever product you are using for protection will bond properly when this is done. No bare hands in this step, wear gloves to keep oils from your hands off the clear coat.

An SI02 sealant will outlast any polymer sealant, and provide much better protection against acidic things (bird bombs and bug splatter) that get on the clear coat. I like Carpro Reload. Wash the car with Carpro Hydrofoam or Adams Wash/Coat every 2-3 months to top off protection.

The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile is hands down the best towel ever made for wax/sealant excess removal. No towel even comes close to it.

Glaze is a waste of time. One drive in the rain and it's gone. One day in the sunlight when it's above 80* and it's gone. Use it for going to a car show only.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 06-16-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #7
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoutlawss View Post
LOL how is a video showing you what I use to get the 1LE a advertisement video ? Typical New Yorkers ha

Clearly you did not watch the video and I am not sponsored by Adams Polishes but I do know the best damn detailing products on the market and this company by far takes it
I dident but your old thumbnail looked like one lol. I’m subbed to your channel so will watch
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The SM Speedy prep towel (fine grade) does the claying job in about 1/3rd of the time, requires no pressure to use, if dropped on the ground can be rinsed in warm water for a minute, will release every particle on it, and can be used on the paint again with no chance of damage. No kneading required. Fold it in 1/4th's, rinse with warm water after all 4 sides are used. It lasts for 90-100 uses. Traditional clay is obsolete.
When you mention the towel being able to "release every particle on it", I have to believe you are only talking about dirt and similar that are on the surface and not at all the contaminants that are being picked out of the paint. True?

I'm just trying to clarify as it would seem that the lifecycle of the product would not be limited like it is to "90-100 uses" if it were able to drop everything...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #9
zoutlawss

Quote:
You don't flip clay to the unused side after using one side, you fold the clay to make two fresh sides, and make it into a patty again. Clay will last much longer this way.

I only use traditional clay when doing a car with very soft paint, which excludes 5th and 6th gen factory paint on Camaro's.

Compounding is only needed one time, and by using proper wash technique, is never needed again.

I don't use traditional finishing polish anymore. Carpro Essence does the job in less than 1/2 the time, with outstanding results.

After you polish it's imperative to remove any residue or oils left on the clear coat. Use IPA or Carpro Eraser. Whatever product you are using for protection will bond properly when this is done. No bare hands in this step, wear gloves to keep oils from your hands off the clear coat.

An SI02 sealant will outlast any polymer sealant, and provide much better protection against acidic things (bird bombs and bug splatter) that get on the clear coat. I like Carpro Reload. Wash the car with Carpro Hydrofoam or Adams Wash/Coat every 2-3 months to top off protection.

The Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile is hands down the best towel ever made for wax/sealant excess removal. No towel even comes close to it.

Glaze is a waste of time. One drive in the rain and it's gone. One day in the sunlight when it's above 80* and it's gone. Use it for going to a car show only.
You can flip the clay if needed I've been doing this since 1981 and would probably guarantee you I have one of the most pristine 1LE's in this entire area.

You always have two clay bars so really there's no need to conserve on clay when you are not doing it for business. Your idea works but really it doesn't matter. The object is to get the car done.

A lot of what you are saying makes sense but every detailer has his own way and own preferred products into getting the ultimate shine. For me these are my easy steps when using non ceramic products that I have used for years.

I trust these products because they have won me over 30 trophies in the first six months of owning the 1LE so I must be doing something right.

Usually I use ceramics but have way too much non ceramic product I need to use up right now

Oh and plus we are not working on a Bugatti we are just working on our own personal cars lol Glaze is not a waste of time when you are pulling up to a car show but you are right it don't last long but it sure gets ya that trophy.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:16 AM   #10
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
When you mention the towel being able to "release every particle on it", I have to believe you are only talking about dirt and similar that are on the surface and not at all the contaminants that are being picked out of the paint. True?

I'm just trying to clarify as it would seem that the lifecycle of the product would not be limited like it is to "90-100 uses" if it were able to drop everything...
After rinsing in warm water for about a minute, it does release everything that is stuck on it.

The surface of the towel does wear down, albeit very slowly, and after 90-100 uses loses it's effectiveness. A standard clay bar is ineffective after about 5 uses.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
You can flip the clay if needed I've been doing this since 1981 and would probably guarantee you I have one of the most pristine 1LE's in this entire area.

You always have two clay bars so really there's no need to conserve on clay when you are not doing it for business. Your idea works but really it doesn't matter. The object is to get the car done.

A lot of what you are saying makes sense but every detailer has his own way and own preferred products into getting the ultimate shine. For me these are my easy steps when using non ceramic products that I have used for years.

I trust these products because they have won me over 30 trophies in the first six months of owning the 1LE so I must be doing something right.

Usually I use ceramics but have way too much non ceramic product I need to use up right now

Oh and plus we are not working on a Bugatti we are just working on our own personal cars lol Glaze is not a waste of time when you are pulling up to a car show but you are right it don't last long but it sure gets ya that trophy.
Adams Visco Clay is $20.....if you only flip it over once and never knead it properly, your spending $10 to clay your car. If you fold it and knead it properly, you should be able to use 1 bar 5 times. Now costs are $2.

With the SM Arnold, I paid $35 for mine, so it costs me 39c per use, does the job in 20 minutes instead of an hour, and requires no pressure to use. Really a no brainer. If you want to spend more and work harder, go ahead, I will spend less and work smarter.

6 months and 30 trophies huh? That's 26 weeks. So your expecting people to believe you went to 30 car shows in 26 weeks and won 1st place in all 30? I call
My car is an ungaraged daily driver, almost 9 years old, and is completely swirl free.
I will put the condition of my paint up against your garage queen anytime.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:05 AM   #12
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Adams Visco Clay is $20.....if you only flip it over once and never knead it properly, your spending $10 to clay your car. If you fold it and knead it properly, you should be able to use 1 bar 5 times. Now costs are $2.

With the SM Arnold, I paid $35 for mine, so it costs me 39c per use, does the job in 20 minutes instead of an hour, and requires no pressure to use. Really a no brainer. If you want to spend more and work harder, go ahead, I will spend less and work smarter.

6 months and 30 trophies huh? That's 26 weeks. So your expecting people to believe you went to 30 car shows in 26 weeks and won 1st place in all 30? I call
My car is an ungaraged daily driver, almost 9 years old, and is completely swirl free.
I will put the condition of my paint up against your garage queen anytime.
thanks for the sm Arnold towel advice!
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #13
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Don't get me wrong.....even though they piss me off from time to time I use some Adam's products....

But the statement above is funny.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adamspolish, detailing, zoutlaw, zoutlawss