Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #505
mygen5

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
The program that all of you are referring to is not a recall. It is a Customer Satisfaction Program. It is a little different from a recall in that a recall is a forced repair of the vehicles involved where as a Customer Satisfaction Program is an acknowledgement of an issue in certain vehicles and the voluntary fixing of said issue. This one being about the convertible tops is valid through April of 2014. I hope this is the final fix for this issue and none of you have problems ever again. I hope this helps to answer your questions and if you need to know if your vehicle is involved send me your VIN and I will respond as soon as I can.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Jeff would you mind checking my 2011 vert for recall/csp vin # 2G1Fk3DJXB9213211
mygen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #506
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygen5 View Post
Jeff would you mind checking my 2011 vert for recall/csp vin # 2G1Fk3DJXB9213211

I have checked your VIN, and I am not currently showing anything open on your vehicle. If you are currently experiencing a concern, I would suggest taking it in for a diagnosis at a dealership.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #507
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I had the top fabric replaced due to the "V" rub marks, then the entire top mechanism replaced, and now I've noticed that when retracted, one edge of the top is starting to rub the well again & is wearing a hole in the top.

I got a 6yr/60,000 mile warranty extension for the top & all "moving systems", but when is this going to end? If I had used the lemon law, I would have been out about $3,000 due to mileage. GM needs to make this right; either give me a LIFETIME warranty on the top or make it so that I can trade this car with them for another one at NO COST to me.

Florida's lemon law requires that I pay xx per mile driven in order to "offset" my use of the vehicle. This is frustrating - why should I lose money for a faulty design?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #508
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Going to get my top done and 1-2 grind checked late March / early April, once the salt is gone. Dealer said it would take a couple of days to "fix" the top, so I'm thinking replacement not adjustment (dummy me didn't think to ask him which). Crappy NH winter weather until then. Stay tuned.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 AM   #509
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
GM needs to make this right; either give me a LIFETIME warranty on the top or make it so that I can trade this car with them for another one at NO COST to me.
If I had confidence that GM would get this top design right, I'd be willing to give them another chance.
However, the current design may be prone to never-ending troubles. A "Lifetime" Warranty is fine, unless it involves a lifetime of repairs/replacements every year.

Wait for a nice, heavy rain to wash the streets and highways of salt. What looks like a dry road may, in fact, be covered in brine.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #510
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
If I had confidence that GM would get this top design right, I'd be willing to give them another chance.
However, the current design may be prone to never-ending troubles. A "Lifetime" Warranty is fine, unless it involves a lifetime of repairs/replacements every year.

Wait for a nice, heavy rain to wash the streets and highways of salt. What looks like a dry road may, in fact, be covered in brine.

I'd be happy with replacing the top every couple of years if necessary
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #511
Seeing Stars

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Jeff, would you check mine. The V.I.N. is 2G1FC3D36C9104972. It is a 2012 but I just got it a couple of weeks ago. The build date is August 2011 (I think). I guess it must have sat in the dealer's lot in North Dakota a long time.
Seeing Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #512
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
Jeff or Brandon would you check mine please.

Vin #2g1fc3dd1b9169848
Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #513
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfan22 View Post
Jeff or Brandon would you check mine please.

Vin #2g1fc3dd1b9169848

I have checked your VIN, and I do not show there to be any existing recalls on your vehicle. If you are currently having a concern, we suggest taking it to the dealership for further diagnostics.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #514
Cheryls_Inferno_Conv

Drives: 2012 IOM 2ss Vert, 1966 MGB
Hi. I just signed the paperwork yesterday. My car should be delivered by next weekend!
Will you check my VIN please?
2G1FK3DJ3C9190713
Thank you!
Cheryls_Inferno_Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #515
Seeing Stars

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Stars View Post
Jeff, would you check mine. The V.I.N. is 2G1FC3D36C9104972. It is a 2012 but I just got it a couple of weeks ago. The build date is August 2011 (I think). I guess it must have sat in the dealer's lot in North Dakota a long time.
Could someone check on my car please?
Seeing Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #516
20HoosierDaddies10

Drives: 1967 Convertible Camaro
Well I final bought a newer Camaro, 2011 RS/SS Convertible, used with 27K on the odometer ( I already have a 67). Of course I bought it last night and found this thread today, I feel a little ill and pray I don't have continual issues with the top. There are already 2 small holes, one on the driver side and the other in the exact spot on the passenger side. When I bought it they made note on the ready bill of the holes and said they would take a look into repairing it. I also notice an odd odor in the trunk, or course nobody else could smell anything. Now I find this thread and Im scared this thing had water in it at some point. The top otherwise has a nice fit, goes up and down great, no wind noise, flapping etc. It is a "Certified Pre-owned" Vehicle with an extended 48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and I purchased additional warranty to get me bumper to bumper to 102K. Of course the top is specifically excluded I believe. With the holes already in the top, should the next course of action be to replace it under factory warranty?

Car was shipped 5-19-2011

Brandon can you check out my VIN and see what has already been done as far as recalls etc.? 2G1FK3DJ8B9197865

Thanks in Advance,

Jerry
20HoosierDaddies10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #517
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20HoosierDaddies10 View Post
Well I final bought a newer Camaro, 2011 RS/SS Convertible, used with 27K on the odometer ( I already have a 67). Of course I bought it last night and found this thread today, I feel a little ill and pray I don't have continual issues with the top. There are already 2 small holes, one on the driver side and the other in the exact spot on the passenger side. When I bought it they made note on the ready bill of the holes and said they would take a look into repairing it. I also notice an odd odor in the trunk, or course nobody else could smell anything. Now I find this thread and Im scared this thing had water in it at some point. The top otherwise has a nice fit, goes up and down great, no wind noise, flapping etc. It is a "Certified Pre-owned" Vehicle with an extended 48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and I purchased additional warranty to get me bumper to bumper to 102K. Of course the top is specifically excluded I believe. With the holes already in the top, should the next course of action be to replace it under factory warranty?

Car was shipped 5-19-2011

Brandon can you check out my VIN and see what has already been done as far as recalls etc.? 2G1FK3DJ8B9197865

Thanks in Advance,

Jerry

Jerry,
unfortunately it sounds like you purchased a vert with the known issues.The top should be replaced as well as the water management bag.Make sure that whomever works on the top has convertible top experience.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #518
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
agreed, TSB should be checked to see if it's been done.But the roof would still need to be replaced if it has holes.The foul smell needs to be addressed.It could be that the water is not draining out entirely from the water bag.Apparently, the newer water management bags drain much better.
Jerry,
Also check the seal at the back of the roof where it meets the trunk.Make sure you don't have a 5th bow issue.This can be repaired as well as I have had mine repaired in April 2012 and the repair seems to be fine so far.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote