Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #29
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolaine View Post
Huh? I see no resemblance to a 5th gen at all. Not even close.
This ^ I see no resemblance
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #30
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
Im surprised nobody has commented on Crapstang reverse light location. I saw one the other day and thought to myself, "And 2010-2013 owners thought the Camaro reverse light location was an after thought."

Give credit where it is due. If the Mustang hadn't been born, you wouldn't be driving a Camaro right now.

No matter whether you like the 2015's or not (I don't). It is the original pony car and has been in production with no gaps since 1964. It's so well known these days that Ford doesn't put a big ugly blue Ford oval or Mustang Badge on it anymore. The Pony in the grill says it all.

There is only one other icon that can claim that right, and it's a Corvette, not a Camaro. I have nothing against Camaro's, I appreciate all pony/muscle/sports cars. But your attitude reflects misplaced resentment towards a vehicle that inspired other car companies to step up. It's only a shame that the Pontiac GTO didn't last. I loved the 67 design (with a few modifications) almost as much as the '69 Mach 1 with the 351 Cleveland and Shaker, and I also loved the '69 Camaro (personally the best design of the Camaro ever. IMHO).

I also think it is truly tragic what Dodge did to the Charger when they brought it back.

Last edited by Criticalmass; 04-23-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #31
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
GTO was first. Ford followed with the Mustang. Both performance cars. Tempest - GTO. Falcon - Mustang. Only real difference being the uni body construction. When the Camaro arrived it still had a detachable front frame.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #32
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion51 View Post
That's fantastic lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #33
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
I also think it is truly tragic what Dodge did to the Charger when they brought it back.
Agreed... added two doors? WTF were they thinking? I appreciate the Challenger but the Charger sucks - appearance-wise.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #34
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
There isn't a single car person in my town, I swear.

Everyone says, sweet mustang man.

I flip em off and drive away. They look at me like I have 2 heads afterwards, lmao.
Hey, you could use that to your benefit.. Do a burnout in front of someone's house, and they would all be looking for a Mustang... You don't own one of those...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote