Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Pip

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Biker Brake Checks SUV, SUV Runs Over Bikers

What do you guys think of this? At first, I couldn't believe what the SUV did. Then I got the full picture. One of the bikers thought the SUV was following too close and brake checked him. The SUV appeared to hit the bike and several bikers got out to confront the SUV in the middle of the road. The driver had his wife and kid in the SUV and apparently felt threatened and decided to run over several bikes. They followed him until he ran into traffic and came to a stop. They broke his window and beat him up in front of his wife and kid. The driver of the SUV was the only person injured according to the NYPD.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1...zMbLdL7lHzm.01
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
I was not there, but if I were in a group of that many bikes and they acted like they did my first thought would be to get away using any means necessary. The brake check was intentional and very inappropriate. Mobs get out of control very fast, and that is where this was heading.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Well...

The biker brake checked the SUV. I saw no provocation for that, and could easily be missed because of how the bikes were passing him, very closely at times. Which is why he was likely distracted by the 50 or so bikes around him all driving pretty aggressively around this guy. There was absolutely NO reason to brake check the SUV.

This is on video. The cops have this video and will see this was instigated by the biker. Or at least, I hope so. Might be some states have different laws, so that's a factor.

As far as running over the bikers, I think it's totally justified if they then started beating on this guys windows and AGAIN being aggressive towards this guy. Simply put, I think this is all on the bikers, and it wouldn't surprise me if all charges are dropped.

I rode a bike many years ago (FJ1100), and would NEVER have done anything like what these guys on bikes were doing. These bikers are an embarrassment to the good bikers out there.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Wow, pack mentality. Good reason to carry. Probably not one of them alone with the courage to confront anyone.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Bunch of punk biker-wanna-bes with a mob mentality. I ride so dont like to see real bikers abused by cagers, but would have done exactly what the auto driver did and more if threatened and at risk of harm to my family. Those metric $hit4brains are lucky to be alive because 2 wheels taking on 4 never wins and the SUV coulda easily taken out half or more of them if they really wanted to inflict harm.

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
If I was in that Range Rover, I would have driven to the first police station I could find, and I would have run over any biker that got in front of me to try and stop me.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Two things I strongly dislike, arrogant motorcycle riders and cagers who are reckless. I see both as being at fault in this situation. Generally I have a strong disdain for sport bike riders (not all) but it seems as though they feel they are invincible. We had a pack cut through our group of Harley riders at night in the city, very dangerous and could have cause multiple accidents.

Don't be stupid.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
This. But since in New York, must carry 5 loaded mags. Remember, only 7 rds allowed
Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I hate bikers that want to blame everybody but themselves.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Would have done absolutely nothing against a mob of 30+ bikers except piss them off even more. People would have died instead of escaping with injuries.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I hate anyone that want to blame everybody but themselves.
fixed it for you
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
Supposedly the SUV took off and ran them over because they started hitting the SUV with their helmets and slashed the tires. I would've done the same thing he did with a wife and 2 year old daughter in the car. No other choice when your surrounded by that many dipshits.
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Ksmoke

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT/RS
And one of the guys that got ran over is paralyzed. They started a go fund for him because he deserves people's money for being an idiot..
Ksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote