Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Hellwig sway bars

Hey guys,

So I've been wanting to upgrade my rear sway on my 2010 and after deciding not to go the FE4 route (didn't want to buy the LCA, get an alignment, etc) I decided to go with a BMR rear sway.

Unfortunately, I live in Hawaii and so to ship it to me I would have had to pay another $50ish bucks in shipping.

Now, I was on Amazon and found the Hellwig rear sway for $109, which is about 50 cheaper than the BMR bar, but best of all, it was FREE SHIPPING!

So I have a Hellwig rear bar on the way. Is anyone running one, and if so, what do you think? I've seen some okay reviews on other cars and everyone likes them.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:03 AM   #2
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Let us know how it works out. But when I switched from fe3 to fe4 it was a night and day difference and worth the extra hassle and cost. It is really easy to do yourself, plus alignments are cheap. Oh and I know the struggles of shipping to Hawaii. I lived there near 20yrs.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:13 AM   #3
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Alignments are like $100 here! :(

So I went from having to spend $300 (alignment, bar, LCAs, and that's with no shipping) for the FE4 to $109.

I'll be sure to do a review when I get it on.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 10-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
Machinehead

Drives: 2012 LS
you don't want to be the guinea pig for this. If it doesn't work well you will still be out 100 bux. Get something proven and you will be happy
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
LCPLPunk
USA-1

I'd love to, if you want to pony up that extra $300 bucks be my guest.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #6
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
I'd love to, if you want to pony up that extra $300 bucks be my guest.
Too often those bargains are not even equal to the OEM.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
LCPLPunk
USA-1

They have pretty good reviews from what I've seen, and although this was 6 years ago, it seems that a well-respected forum member used them to make his.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension...sway-bars.html

I guess I'll have to give a review when I get mine.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #8
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Just got mine in tonight! Will probably install it this weekend and I'll give a review then..

So far though, the bar feels solid and well put together. Nothing in the kit leads me to believe it's a cheap product.
Attached Images