Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Email to owner of my dealership

Mods i am posting this here to get MAX help from the Camaro family leave it here if you could please.

ALL: I will be sending this to the owner of my dealership soon any editting help would be helpful thanks

I am writing to inform the owner Dan Quirk or whom ever reads and responds to comments about dealership experiences. My name is Brannon Perrin I am a 12 year active duty First Class Petty Officer in the US Navy. I am stationed in Newport RI at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

I am writing to inform you that my experience at your Chevy dealership in Braintree, MA has been the MOST frustrating car buying experience I have ever been through. There are several things that have caused me to feel this way however, the excitement of being able purchase a vehicle that I ordered had swayed me to overlook those things until now. The final transaction of paying for the car has been absolutely complicated and I have almost no confidence that I will be able to buy the car that I ordered. The situation where I am having an issue is a policy which the general manager has informed me that your dealership(s) can not accept bank checks with a conditional requirements in other words a "Promissory Note".

Initially i was shocked to hear this from the GM as I have used these in all of my prior car purchases. I took it as he did not want me to use my check from Navy Federal but instead use your dealer affiliate banks. I gave them the opportunity to finance me and got a first offer of 4.05%. My pre-approved loan had a rate of 2.54 which I showed them and allowed them to try and beat my rate. The closest they were able to get after a few days of trying was 2.69% with a additional fee of $323.

To me it does not make any sense whatsoever to pay a fee to get an interest rate that is higher than what I was already approved for. So i took my loan documents back to my bank and had them give me a different form of payment. The new check is signed, endorsed and in the hands of the GM but has the same promissory note stamped on the back and may be rejected for the same reasons.

I have again contacted my bank and they told me that the note is stamped on the check to serve as a reminder to the dealer that they are responsible for the initial titling, registration and ensuring that Navy Federal is reported as the lien holder. If this check is not acceptable my bank MAY be able to issue me a cashiers check to use but it to MAY also contain the promissory note stamp on the back. This supposed policy has served no other purpose other than to delay and complicate this transaction, frustrate me and continually waste my and your dealerships time.

It is also very unconvincing that this policy exists when I have been told that if I either accept a higher rank from your affiliate banks or register in MA which I am not a resident and cannot be insured in that everything will be OK. It is not my intention to imply the the GM is lying about this supposed policy I do however desire a clarification or path to complete this purchase.

If the check that is at the dealership cannot be used and I again go to my bank and get a cashiers check to make this purchase which may contain the promissory note on the back is rejected i will have NO other choice but to do the following: 1. Walk away from this purchase of a what is known to me to be a "build to order" vehicle due to the added performance package 2. contact another dealership 3 of which in my area have NO problem at all taking a check from Navy Federal as is and reorder and wait another 8-10 weeks for delivery 3. contact GM customer service and file a complaint against your dealership.

This is in no way shape or form the path I wish to take at all. The only thing i want is to pay for the car with my Navy Federal draft check or cashiers check IF I have to go and get one, have my current plates transferred to the new car and titled and registered in Florida and drive home. I would be "COMPLETELY SATISFIED" with just those 3 small things. . In closing it is my hope that this issue can resolved ASAP so that I can drive home in my new 2013 Camaro SS 1Le.

Thank you
FT1 (SS) Brannon Perrin,USN
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
right to travel

Need some help here its only a 3 min read
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
HUSSEL

Drives: 5th Generation 2SS/RS
Sounds OK. You need to change the work "rank" to "rate" I think. Third paragraph from bottom.
HUSSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Personally I think it's just about there
Intro was solid. E

Explaining what happened is another part, you should include the GM's name. Anyone can say they are a GM just to try to get what they want. So having his name could eliminate the possibility of a scapegoat.

I don't see why they would have an issue with the check. I never had problems with a dealership when using a check from Navy Federal. Dealership sent all the required information to them. And had gotten my title after it was paid off.

Just sounds like they are trying to make a profit on the 1LE and get a kickback from the affiliated bank.
AlwaysAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
This is fine.. Stick it to these bastards!
Cody2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
right to travel

Thanks for the comments so far. keep them coming
Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
It's rather long. I would look at taking out what isn't absolutely important or else you run the high risk of them passing right over it.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
Not sure why you are writing a letter in the first place.

You know what you want (the three things) before you will accept delivery of the vehicle. When the vehicle is ready for you to pick up, go see their sales manager or general manager, and explain this to him / her. (It's not like these people are sitting around waiting to read long letters from dissatisfied buyers, presuming they can read.)

If they don't agree, just walk away and take your business elsewhere. If you don't have the will to walk, they've got you.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #9
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
What does you being in the Navy have to do with any of this - besides the bank you used?

You're suggesting that because of your employment status, you should be receiving special consideration. You don't see Joe from John's Construction sending emails proclaiming his position with the company.

Not trying to be a dick, but you being in the Navy has almost nothing to do with this at all.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
What does you being in the Navy have to do with any of this - besides the bank you used?

You're suggesting that because of your employment status, you should be receiving special consideration. You don't see Joe from John's Construction sending emails proclaiming his position with the company.

Not trying to be a dick, but you being in the Navy has almost nothing to do with this at all.
I think he was more or less introducing himself and in a way that shows he is being respectable. From my experience the Navy guys are extremely detail oriented and orderly. My old boss was in the navy. Marines are the only ones I've ever gotten a dbag vibe from. They're bad dudes, no doubt, but the majority I've met I can't stand to be around as they're so full of themselves.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #11
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I would have already taken my business elsewhere.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
It's rather long. I would look at taking out what isn't absolutely important or else you run the high risk of them passing right over it.
This, I read the first paragraph before my A.D.D. kicked in. Good luck.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #13
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
"the excitement of being able to purchase"
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post

It's an introduction, and puts a 'face' to the letter. In case you don't get around much, that's pretty well a common thing. Or it USED to be, back when people actually write letters.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote