Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
CamaroChris2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
New to Forum with New Camaro 2SS

Mornin everybody feels great to once again be a Camaro owner. Previously owned a 1995 z28 and a 1996 SS. Recently purchased a brand new Camaro 2SS with the RS package and I absolutely LOVE the car. I have a few questions for you guys and wanna hear all opinions!

1) what the heck is up with the fog light delete for the RS package?? Besides a jumper wire connected to a cornermarker or adding my own switch what are other ways to fix this

2) I gotta let this motor breathe!!! Id like a loud and raspy (but not ridiculously obnoxious inside the cabin) what are good header/exhaust combos? Any thoughts on the Borla Atak?

3) Absolutely cannot wait to really see what this car can do and happy to be a member of the forum!!!
CamaroChris2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
SilveRS
Dream Big, Work Hard....

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
Congrats!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Oh...here is me playing in the snow. You get a nice idea of how my exhaust sounds...all I have is Texas Speed long tube headers and straight pipes. Very very loud. Not too loud on the inside though .

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #5
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Here's me going hard if you have FB

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...type=3&theater
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Chris, CONGRATS on the ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
OscarsG5

Drives: 2012 SS TRANSFORMER EDITION
Congrats! I have Texas Speed long tubes, cats delete, Flowmasters 3" exhaust and it sound agressive.
OscarsG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Welcome to the club! Sorry I can't advise, as I don't have the RS package, And my car came with npp (optional dual mode exhaust) which I'm extremely happy with. Just wanted to say congratulations on the new Camaro, and you'll get lots of great ideas on this site!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
OP, Welcome to the Forum, you'll love it!

As far as letting your car breathe, it sounds like a good CAI is what you are looking for, couple that with the Headers and Exhaust you want to do and you have some serious gains in both performance and sound!

We have a very high quality CAI made right here in the USA. It is enclosed and insulated, has a ceramic coated intake tube to reduce heat soak, does not require any additional modifications, and is extremley popular within this Camaro community. Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!

Thanks and enjoy the new Camaro!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
LionMaro

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Oh...here is me playing in the snow. You get a nice idea of how my exhaust sounds...all I have is Texas Speed long tube headers and straight pipes. Very very loud. Not too loud on the inside though .

WOW your car sounds great, not to mention that is a pretty funny video

Any chance you can link me to your headers and straight pipes? I was browsing their site and they have quite a few options.

Thank you!
LionMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChris2012 View Post
Mornin everybody feels great to once again be a Camaro owner. Previously owned a 1995 z28 and a 1996 SS. Recently purchased a brand new Camaro 2SS with the RS package and I absolutely LOVE the car. I have a few questions for you guys and wanna hear all opinions!

1) what the heck is up with the fog light delete for the RS package?? Besides a jumper wire connected to a cornermarker or adding my own switch what are other ways to fix this

2) I gotta let this motor breathe!!! Id like a loud and raspy (but not ridiculously obnoxious inside the cabin) what are good header/exhaust combos? Any thoughts on the Borla Atak?

3) Absolutely cannot wait to really see what this car can do and happy to be a member of the forum!!!
Werd! I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and this place is crazy helpful.

As for Exhaust, I went with Borla ATAK Cat back, but unfortunately cannot comment yet on interior noise since I do not have it on yet. My Buddy at work though has a 2SS/RS with LG Motorsport long tube headers, and Corsa Sport Cat back on his, and it has a really solid sound. Loud when it needs to be, but seriously stock levels of exhaust drone while cruising.
ATX211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats and welcome to the C5 family
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Congrats and welcome. AS a side note on what others have said, If you do both CAI and L/Ts with exhaust, you'll ned a tune. The stock tune in the ECU won't know what to do with all that extra air. You'll be good with one or the other. It's the combonation of both that confuses the ECU.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
Hello and welcome,I don't think you can just run a jump wire to extra lights as these have a control module for the lighting system,any extra draw off of power may cause issues.I.m guessing the wiring should be there somewhere already.
Cheers from new Zealand.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote