Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #15
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
OnStar Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I got two reports from them. One the night I took delivery of the car and one a month later. I don't receive any reports anymore

Same here, kind of strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
If your car is stored inside for the winter... you probably won't get an onstar report. the antenna probably didn't pick up the signal. You should see them again once you break it out and start driving it again.

Like parked in a garage? The XM radio still works in the garage, and what if the someone stole it? OnStar wouldn't work in a garage? I park mine in a garage but I still drive it and take it outside once or twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
ONstar actually gave me two welcome calls. I talked with them close to 30 minutes when I bought the car and they called me 2 weeks after and did another welcome call
I got one welcome call at the dealer when I was leaving. Actually I think I called them.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #16
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Onstar

Our attempts to run a diagnostic check on your vehicle were unsuccessful. If your dashboard indicator light is on, push your blue OnStar button. More information

That's what I get on my onstar page.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I've never gotten a diag report that didn't warn of low tire pressure. No warnings ever in DIC. If I could put 5000psi in them and I think I would still get the report. Dealer supposedly loaded new firmware for this, maybe they didn't.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
  • You must have activated your onstar account
  • You must provide them with an email address
  • your car must be ON (and i think running for a few minutes) for onstar to work/run diagnostics/connect/send/email you.
  • you might want to check your spam folder and add onstar to your safe senders list
  • you will get other emails from onstar other than JUST your monthly diagnostics, but you should be able to opt out
  • you may get emails after sign up for you to complete your info online -- like insurance policy # and license plate number
  • every time i try to type "onstar" i actually type "onstart" and i have to go back and fix it.

ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote