Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #29
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
And on a more positive normal note Ive beat the sheet out of my car for 10 years. Not 1 thing has gone wrong..nothing. Its been a beast.
You’d be faster and more reliable if it was v6 though and didn’t have afm when new…

Before everyone piles on, it’s a bit of an inside thing, I’m not poking fun at the op, v6’s or v6 owners. It’s a joke and nothing more… although another V6 V8 thread would probably be entertaining.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:35 PM   #30
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I have never before heard a car described as 'heinously anus'.

You definitely have a way with words Riozlander. I can't say I blame you though. If I had the issues you have had I would probably be just as bitter. Luckily, this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned, and a lot of other owners here feel the same way. It's a shame that your 5th gen experience was tarnished but what seems like a true 'Lemon' car. All I can do is wish you better luck with your next ride.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #31
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
You’d be faster and more reliable if it was v6 though and didn’t have afm when new…

Before everyone piles on, it’s a bit of an inside thing, I’m not poking fun at the op, v6’s or v6 owners. It’s a joke and nothing more… although another V6 V8 thread would probably be entertaining.
Haha.....if you know..you know.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #32
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I'm beating on a l99 cammed with 159k miles on it on have only have had to do the damn blend door. When my engine was a part at 153k it still looked brand new inside cross hatched cylinders still and all valves still in good condition. And I think my starter is going out. That ought to say something. But I do think that you have gotten a lemon 🍋 and wish you luck on your next vehicle 😉
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #33
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
I can understand the criticism of the car's mechanical failures notwithstanding how it was driven or maintained, of course. The other stuff is just your personal preferences, which is odd since the car probably hasn't changed dimensions or structure since you purchased it. To each his own, though.
My current mindset is to drive mine until the wheels come off. After that, my old self will probably settle into a Camry or a nice used Lexus. That's well down the road of life, though.
I would think that would have been an issue when getting in the car the first time. Nonetheless, better luck on the next ride rio.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #34
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Haha.....if you know..you know.
and no like button...those were the days.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #35
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
Hell yea they were… ok carry on everyone
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:43 PM   #36
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
Haha.....I bet if we could have had a 5th gen owners party then everyone would have gotten along great.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:06 AM   #37
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have never before heard a car described as 'heinously anus'.

You definitely have a way with words Riozlander. I can't say I blame you though. If I had the issues you have had I would probably be just as bitter. Luckily, this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned, and a lot of other owners here feel the same way. It's a shame that your 5th gen experience was tarnished but what seems like a true 'Lemon' car. All I can do is wish you better luck with your next ride.
I have no clue what ill get. i have ideas of what i want and brands id like to try. but I also know me to well and all it takes is something very stupid and tempting to pop up and id buy it.

i saw a 1st gen MR2 and was like OMG I want it so bad. ex I know I wont fit because my best friend owned one once. I also found a Pontiac grand prix 3800 supercharged but it had no working brakes and 260,000 miles. but supercharger. and its a 3800 v6 **** that motor was legendary for sleepers.

more then likely end up in a Crown vic again. I miss it so much
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:22 AM   #38
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
I would think that would have been an issue when getting in the car the first time. Nonetheless, better luck on the next ride rio.
I have a tendency to make bad financial decisions. like really bad ones and i wont lie on that. 1st Major repair on the Crown vic i owned when i was young and dumb was the result of a 1000$ burnout. i heard the rear end wine and roar and make sound and knew the axel baring's were bad........

still did a burnout fallowed by a bang and a repair bill.

the Camaro was mostly because my best friend owned a V6 M6 and wanted to have a Camaro bro's thing going with my best friend. I also thought if I'm going to have payment on a car loan i want something fun and nice 2 door and manual trans. BF traded in for a SS sedan 1 month later -__-

i loved his 5th gen Name:  11074623_889671511072158_5806540051615285539_o.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  158.7 KB

but his SS Sedan was a good upgrade given he now has a 2 year old good family car for sure Name:  17758386_1315710965179662_2247619531196945372_o.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  127.7 KB

Last edited by riozlander; 08-10-2021 at 02:41 AM.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #39
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
The Nissan Leaf sounds like a solid choice.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #40
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
yes because this car has been anything but a nice car to drive. I've had to replace the spark plugs coil packs had trans work had to replace the whole Evap system had a fuel pump go out that is just naming a few of them. its been problem after problem after problem. I'm done with this heinously anus car.

if you had a car that just keeps having issues and draining your account and savings, would you keep it? hell no. I have the money to pay off whats left sell it and wipe my hands clean. but I'm not wasting another dollar on this craptastic sorry excuse of a car that I truly believe is a lemon

I quit coming on here to talk about or even update the problems I had because every one blames me for this shit happening.

never have I ever had these problems with the fords I owned, the Audi A4 2 of them (that's not a boast if you know what problems the B6 platform can have), the Mercedes W124 platform. this ****ing POS is always braking
I'm not even pointing fingers at GM just this car, 100% is a lemon
its always something new with it.

even one of my 1st post on here was that I got a check engine light for the Evap solenoid on it 3 days in to owning it. read posts on here using the search function before buying the car, not to top off the tank as well it can hurt the evap system. I waited 6 months to pull the trigger and buy what I felt was a good car. I even had my mechanic tell me the evap as well as other codes were pre existing and kept getting removed.

this car truly has been a nightmare ownership, that I just want out of not a day goes by that i don't want to push it off a cliff. or see it destroyed by a drunk drive flying up the street.

and now I'm having physical pain when driving it. I cant adjust the seat any lower I cant go any farther back. this is hunched over just to see the stop sign. and no I don't care its not washed for a dumb pic to show my point of view. I've been barrowing the Mitsubishi mostly to go to work and home for 9 months. haven't driven this ex to move it for street sweeping and days I cant barrow the other car.Attachment 1076395

this car can take is shitty playskool plastic dash its fake ass wannabe retro gauges its junk 80s looking digital screens stupid giant A pillar its garbage side windows you cant see out of and its back window that only gives you a vague sense of there objects behind you and piss of out of my life forever

if you never had a problem, or in and out of the shop on a regular basis and can see out of your 5th gen and love every moment because you got a car that works good I'm glad, enjoy your car and don't let it go if you love it that much.

but for me this has been a nightmare car with very few times after that 1st year new car experience wore off that I went this is nice I like this car.
i spent money on projector headlight housings and LED tails and exhaust just to fool my self in to that sense, hay ive personalized it maybe ill like it more.
nope all it did was make me love the sound it makes and see a bit better at night. same with each repair maybe now that this is fixed ill like it. nope because now this problem happened and that problem happened.

the only happy I have felt is its fixed the problems are gone its sorted mechanically and i can save up and pay it off and get rid of it ASAP and never own that car again, carvainia can have it as there problem now

I love my car and it has worked for me in everyway. However, the part where you state, "I quit coming on here to talk about or even update the problems I had because every one blames me for this shit happening." I felt this. Sorry to hear that but honestly most people on here do that so no worries.

Either way good luck to you and hope you find what you are looking for.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote