Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #85
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Here's a couple more renders that happened across my email that I had not seen on here yet...

These ones are very nice!

Being a global model, I'm betting the Ford oval badge returns to these cars, and where it is on the renders above is a logical place to put them.

These I think are a strong competitor to the Jaguar coupes. The car above looks more upmarket.

However, the problem with the above car and any inexpensive car that has an edgy design (like the Camaro), is that they only really look wow if there are less of them on the road. When you see them everywhere, they don't look exotic any more and the look becomes common and boring. Already the FR-S/BRZ is starting to look like a Honda Civic because they're beginning to pop up everywhere.

Part of the appeal of Aston Martin or Jaguar, is not that they necessarily look fantastic, but that their appeal is universal and not polarizing and that they're not seen everywhere which makes them more exclusive. The car above looks more upmarket, but by virtue of it being everywhere they alter the perception of the design to something that is common.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #86
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Quote:
Here's a couple more renders that happened across my email that I had not seen on here yet...

To me it kind of looks like a Lincoln Mark VIII - I guess on my part is only wishful thinking ... I have never been a mustang fan > but the Mark VIII I really miss ... and with the A-Plan ---- it just might be sharing the garage with Ms Cammy ... just dreaming .... like the old days when my Mark VIII shared the garage with my 77 Vett ....=))
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #87
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
This is a little more true to it's previous nature... "wide, low, cropped ends"

http://www.amcarguide.com/muscle-car...-2015-mustang/

Independent suspension
2015 Mustang is being developed on an all-new global RWD platform. Mustang will have to be sold globally so the new platform is likely to be shared with other models. Due to this and such competition as BMW, Hyundai, Audi coupes, suspension will probably be independent. It will get both hand drives too, cause Mustang is going to aggressively expand to Australian, British and Japanese markets.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
drummer5679

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
This is a little more true to it's previous nature... "wide, low, cropped ends"

http://www.amcarguide.com/muscle-car...-2015-mustang/

Independent suspension
2015 Mustang is being developed on an all-new global RWD platform. Mustang will have to be sold globally so the new platform is likely to be shared with other models. Due to this and such competition as BMW, Hyundai, Audi coupes, suspension will probably be independent. It will get both hand drives too, cause Mustang is going to aggressively expand to Australian, British and Japanese markets.

A few guesses on 2015 Mustang

Published: December 19, 2011

That's all you need to know that this article and its renderings are garbage, if ford made this it would be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot and the bullet ricochets off the floor back up through your foot and into your eye socket.

Just look at the purple one. Caution: may induce seizure from cringing so hard.
drummer5679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #89
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer5679 View Post
A few guesses on 2015 Mustang

Published: December 19, 2011

That's all you need to know that this article and its renderings are garbage, if ford made this it would be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot and the bullet ricochets off the floor back up through your foot and into your eye socket.

Just look at the purple one. Caution: may induce seizure from cringing so hard.
Doesn't look any worse than the Chevy SS Concept. That being said I don't want that as the next Mustang.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #90
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Attractive car...but if that was it, it would certainly be difficult to get used to calling that "Mustang". Looks like an Aston Martin coupe.

I certainly hope the next Camaro doesn't go this direction and retains some American muscle in its style by either moving towards the future with an all new design, or just revising the current look. Would be a shame to lose that and every option end up looking like it was European designed...b/c this Mustang does. I'd say mostly the same about the new Corvette renderings as well.

As to the guy that said the design, as attractive as it is, will become "common"....well thats something you just have to accept. Thats the way it is. Look at the Camaro...was easily the most striking car on the road when it debuted, but now people are not as wowed as before because they are much more common. The design is still awesome, but thats why we mod our cars, to stay out of the pack of common, and create something a bit more unique that stands out.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #91
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I can't wait to get the new mustang put this slow turd of a car to shame
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote