Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #29
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The inside sources for the PS4 prices is the same sources that leaked the prices for both PS3 models and the price of the PS2 and both times was dead on the money. They also leaked the specs for the PS4 over 6 months ago before Sony's press conference. You can expect whatever you want but these sources have proven to be very reliable.

I bet you a new PS4 that the prices will be $499 and $599.
i agree with your prices listed above. its sony, they will have these things marked up a little! why??, because people will pay it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
$430

It's not been confirmed.

Search for PS4 299 and see what you get. The PS3 was so silly costly because of Blu-ray at the time and that stupid Cell cpu. I'm expecting two systems @ 299 and 399.

BUT! I won't buy it anyways.

PC FTW!
And the fact that the first PS3 had a PS2 built into it for backwards compatability. A feature which the newer ones lack.

I just wish this thing didn't have the stats of a PC I built 6 years ago....
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #31
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Will not get this ne console right away. Will wait a yr or two.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #32
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
i dont see how everyone wants backwards compatibility i never really cared for it cause most games are gonna be digital downloads in the near future i can say i d/l half the games i play and when im done playing and getting the most out of them i delete them i think having disc's are cool but when you have 50 plus they take up too much space and most of the time ive never really went back to my collection of games to replay them except for a few games.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #33
Tayap79

Drives: 2013 Victorty Red Camaro 2SS
The not having backwards compatibility will be a problem at first. Like when the PS3 first came out, it took a while before the big titles were on the PS3. XBox was dominating the field at the time though.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Will not get this ne console right away. Will wait a yr or two.

I used to buy consoles on release date, but not anymore starting with this generation.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #35
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
i dont see how everyone wants backwards compatibility i never really cared for it cause most games are gonna be digital downloads in the near future i can say i d/l half the games i play and when im done playing and getting the most out of them i delete them i think having disc's are cool but when you have 50 plus they take up too much space and most of the time ive never really went back to my collection of games to replay them except for a few games.
My beef with downloads is I bought the game new when it first came out. Why should I have to pay another $30-$40 to purchase a download version to play it when I already own the game. When the PS3 stopped being backwards compatible, there was plans to release a separate optic drive and processor that would plug into the USB port of the PS3 and allow you to play your PS and PS2 game but apparently the idea was scraped. This is one thing I'm looking forward to on the PS4. The plan is to allow you to put all of your old games onto PS Cloud and play them without having to purchase a download version.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #36
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
My beef with downloads is I bought the game new when it first came out. Why should I have to pay another $30-$40 to purchase a download version to play it when I already own the game. When the PS3 stopped being backwards compatible, there was plans to release a separate optic drive and processor that would plug into the USB port of the PS3 and allow you to play your PS and PS2 game but apparently the idea was scraped. This is one thing I'm looking forward to on the PS4. The plan is to allow you to put all of your old games onto PS Cloud and play them without having to purchase a download version.
If what you say is true that would be great for sony and its market. I dont many will buy games that they own on ps3 for the ps4.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #37
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I understand that you have paid for the game already but its 2013 and those games are 10 years plus old you mean to say you still havent gotten your money's worth out of it? and most games that are that old are like 10 bucks or less
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #38
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
I understand that you have paid for the game already but its 2013 and those games are 10 years plus old you mean to say you still havent gotten your money's worth out of it? and most games that are that old are like 10 bucks or less
It's not a matter of if you got your value out of it. It's a matter of paying twice for something you already own. Your forgetting this issue doesn't just effect older games, it also effects new PS3 games that just came out.

How would you feel if when the 6th gen comes out, you had to pay GM the full price the 5th gen cost when you bought it just to keep driving it?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #39
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
All I want to know is price. Is it gonna be $300 or are they going to rape us?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna more on to the next generation or not. I barely have time for all the games I have piled up unopened already. I guess it all depends on what comes out.
I would think you would be raping them if you got it for 300 dollars.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #40
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
With no backwards compatibility, Sony can SMD. There's no good reason to not have this capability. The last thing I want is to keep multiple gaming consoles hooked up just to play the games I still like. And most of the people who bought the PS3 when it first came out took advantage of that to play their PS2 games. I still will have PS3 games I like to play (occasionally). I'm also still unsure about this whole thing that I've been hearing about not being able to buy used games/borrow friends games. I admit I haven't kept up on the reading, but does anyone know if that's still the case?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #41
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
With no backwards compatibility, Sony can SMD. There's no good reason to not have this capability. The last thing I want is to keep multiple gaming consoles hooked up just to play the games I still like. And most of the people who bought the PS3 when it first came out took advantage of that to play their PS2 games. I still will have PS3 games I like to play (occasionally). I'm also still unsure about this whole thing that I've been hearing about not being able to buy used games/borrow friends games. I admit I haven't kept up on the reading, but does anyone know if that's still the case?
None of the new systems are backwards compatible, the new Xbox won't be either. The PS4 does have one thing going for it though and that is the new Cloud system where you will eventually be able to store all of your old games digitally and be able to play them at any time. Don't know when it will be fully implemented though.

The rumor about not being able to play used games is false. Sony confirmed back in Feb that the PS4 WILL be able to play used games.

The new Xbox however was confirmed back in Dec that it WILL NOT be able to play used games. Once a game is assigned to a Xbox account, only that account will be able to play it. The Xbox 720 also requires a internet connection to play any game, single player or multiplayer. If you have a lousy internet provider that constantly loses connection, then you will be sol.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #42
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
The Xbox 720 also requires a internet connection to play any game, single player or multiplayer.
This alone is enough deterrant to keep me from buying the Xbox. It straight pisses me off with PC games, and I certainly won't deal with it for a system that would require ALL my games to be played with an internet connection.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote