Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Main Street America People's Choice Car Show

All Camaro5 members are invited to join us for the best car show in San Diego County, the Main Street America People's Choice Car Show!

It will be held on Sunday, July 28 at Embarcadero Park North (on San Diego Bay near Seaport Village) from 10 AM to 3 PM. The show is a fundraiser for the San Diego Center for the Blind.

There will be 26 classes, including two for Pony Cars ('64-'75 and '76-'13), plus sponsor awards, club participation and a Best of Show award. We'll have a huge raffle, with over 100 prizes, worth thousands of dollars. The grand prize is a tire certificate from Firestone Complete Auto Care, worth up to $1000.

You must pre-register by Sat. July 13! Registration is $25 per vehicle and includes a reserved parking space with your class, your club or another registered vehicle (your choice), a dash plaque and lunch for one. We have 270 spaces remaining, and when they're gone, registration is closed. This show has sold out 3 of the last 4 years, so don't delay!

For a registration flyer, go to
http://www.cocsd.com/Flyers/MSAflyer13.pdf

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Craig
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Good show if anyone is interested!! Plenty of cars and nice people.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
pglorioso
#685 IOM

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 1969 Z28, 1972 K5 Blazer
It's a great show!! I have attended many times over the years. The best venue in San Diego!

Hey Craig, look forward to seeing you there!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Hi Phil I was going to sign up but I wasn't sure if any one else was going. I have seriously been thinking of selling my Camaro and right now there a guy who is really interested so we will see how this works out. My problem is I own three cars and having to deal with parking issues. By the way Vance is not going because he will be driving to Camaro Fest.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
boltvette

Armando, if you sell your Camaro, I'm sure Phil will let you bring one of his!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. It will be the first time in many years that Vance won't be joining us.

I know a lot of you are Hotchkis fans, but Pfadt Race Engineering just signed on to be a sponsor of Main Street America. I'm hoping to add a few suspension mods to my Corvette before I head back to the track in Sept.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
Armando, if you sell your Camaro, I'm sure Phil will let you bring one of his!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. It will be the first time in many years that Vance won't be joining us.

I know a lot of you are Hotchkis fans, but Pfadt Race Engineering just signed on to be a sponsor of Main Street America. I'm hoping to add a few suspension mods to my Corvette before I head back to the track in Sept.
Ooh, I have all kinds of Pfadt stuff on my car. Looking to add the coil overs next.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
oTToBoT87
Robot in Disguise

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Transformers Edition M6
Send a message via Yahoo to oTToBoT87
Quote:
Originally Posted by robscamaro View Post
Good show if anyone is interested!! Plenty of cars and nice people.
are you going?

K&N Typhoon CAI, Moroso Catch Can, ZL1 Grill w/ Emblem Pro's Cybertronian SS Badgeing, Autobot Fuel Door, Blue LED Dome Light, AAC Concept Side Markers, License Plate LED, Window Tint
oTToBoT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #8
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Armando you can't sell the Camaro!!!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
Armando you can't sell the Camaro!!!
Tom that's what my wife has been telling me.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Listen to her then!!! You have a smart wife!!!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by oTToBoT87 View Post
are you going?

I will go but not showing the car. I will let you know maybe you can come check it out. Should be fun I go every year. showed the car twice but i am way over the car show deal. All i want to do now is auto cross and drag race.
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
boltvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscamaro View Post
I will go but not showing the car. I will let you know maybe you can come check it out. Should be fun I go every year. showed the car twice but i am way over the car show deal. All i want to do now is auto cross and drag race.
I've cut back on the number of shows I do every year, too. But you can do both. If I wasn't involved in this show, I would still attend. Car shows are just social gatherings and this one is among the best. I'll have my "race car" there, probably with a few rubber marks left on it from the last track day.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
I've cut back on the number of shows I do every year, too. But you can do both. If I wasn't involved in this show, I would still attend. Car shows are just social gatherings and this one is among the best. I'll have my "race car" there, probably with a few rubber marks left on it from the last track day.
I think it's great to see "race cars" at the car shows! It's not my thing to haul my hot rod in and enclosed trailer to a show and push it to a spot so I don't dirty it up. Cars that are "used" are the best show cars IMHO..

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
boltvette

I'm seriously thinking of creating a class for next year's show (too late to do it this year) just for cars that are raced.