Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
PaulV93

Drives: 2013 Camaro Ls
2013 Camaro LS Radio Problem Help Please

What's up everyone! I have a issue hopefully someone can point me into the right direction

I have a 2013 Camaro Ls that has a amp & subwoofer setup..
Everything was good until I hit bump and my radio started to intermittely cut off with my A/C. Would go out for few seconds sometimes minutes.

I brought it into Chevy thinking its the BCM they told me that it's not the BCM tried to replace the radio twice but not having any luck.

They had my car for a week, and just realized there is a Amplifer mounted to my back seat..***NO POWER IS GOING TO IT*** I took out the fuse by the battery before leaving it there... Now there saying it's the amp that's shorting the radio.. Gave me my car back told me to make it stock again and bring it back.. -__-

I just don't know what to do now... The radio doesn't even come on now no matter what I do.. Anybody have a similar problem?
PaulV93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
First thought would be a wiring issue. The first step would be to disconnect the amp as noted. Troubleshooting is often just a process of elimination.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
PaulV93

Drives: 2013 Camaro Ls
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
First thought would be a wiring issue. The first step would be to disconnect the amp as noted. Troubleshooting is often just a process of elimination.
Thank you that's the route I'm taking at the moment having the guy who did my system to remove everything. Then the dealer wants me to bring it back Monday

I have my fingers crossed
PaulV93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
dslush

Drives: Victory Red 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulV93 View Post
Thank you that's the route I'm taking at the moment having the guy who did my system to remove everything. Then the dealer wants me to bring it back Monday

I have my fingers crossed
Has the dealership said anything yet? I'm having the problem of the radio cutting out, but i haven't added a sub or speakers
dslush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Should have gone back to the shop that installed the amp.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th gen, problems, radio, radio harness