Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: SGM on a John Deere? Am I crazy?
Yes, you are crazy. 5 16.67%
No... you're not crazy. (Well, you are, but...) 25 83.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
SuperH
Synergized

Drives: 2011 SGM M6 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Gone too far? The lawn tractor...

So, I love the Synergy Green Metallic color so much, that I've decided that it would look great on a John Deere. My mother has one which I've volunteered to be up for this task. There are four principle components to respray:
1. Main body - this includes the area where the seat mounts and the footwells. This is all one green piece, and is well scratched up on her 1998 445. It is a metal piece.
2. Hood - this is a single plastic piece. It is abrased from some low limbs which she used to have (I have taken my DeWalt cordless reciprocating saw and eliminated those).
3. Side covers - these are two plastic pieces. They have a screen insert which can be removed. They also have "John Deere 445" appliques. The plan is to remove the screen and the appliques to paint, and reapply new appliques.

The primary differences between John Deere Green and Synergy Green Metallic include the sheen, reflectivity (metallic vs non), and the shade. The hue is very similar.

The scratches have always bothered me since it got them, and I've wanted to repaint it. Since my Synergy Green Metallic proposal, she officially thinks I am nuts.

All of this for a couple of photos of my car alongside her lawn tractor. Have I gone too far? Target completion is June 2011.
SuperH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
i say do it i think it would be cool
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Put some black rally stripes to match and you'll be set!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
That's pretty bad@$$. lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
SuperH
Synergized

Send a message via ICQ to SuperH Send a message via AIM to SuperH Send a message via MSN to SuperH Send a message via Yahoo to SuperH
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Put some black rally stripes to match and you'll be set!
Funny thing is that I thought about doing them in some vinyl! Maybe I really should!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I have no problems with this.

I had my computer painted the same color as my Camaro....and I don't think that is strange.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
might as well throw some black rims with polished lip on that sucker. lmao
Old 12-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
You aren't crazy, but you've pretty much given up the ability to argue with your wife if she purchases too many shoes! I think it's cool!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
do it now
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I have no problems with this.

I had my computer painted the same color as my Camaro....and I don't think that is strange.

That's cool! I've been thinking of getting my laptop lid painted IOM when I get my 1:10 Camaro painted to match my car. Right now the lid of the laptop is red (pretty close to RJT). It'll be a cool mod!

Sorry for the ...
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
ARE YOU CRAZY? well I don't know you well enough to say for sure......but ass far as the Lawnmower? DO IT!!! I know I WOULD!! If I had as rider, I would have already done it!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #12
SuperH
Synergized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
ARE YOU CRAZY? well I don't know you well enough to say for sure......but ass far as the Lawnmower? DO IT!!! I know I WOULD!! If I had as rider, I would have already done it!!
Yeah, I don't have a rider but my mother does. That's why it was volunteered. She lives on 7 acres.

I mean, it was sort of mine, as I used it all of the time before I went to college, graduated, and then moved away (it had only one scratch then). I'm dead set on doing this!!! I've always loved using her garage as a paint booth. She lives in Indiana, and I live in Kansas, so I can't do it right away - that's why I'm targeting June.

I love the IBM computer... That could be taken two ways, though. Make sure you say Imperial Blue Metallic, or people might think your computer is really old.

I have two Macs and one PC. The PC is close to Silver Ice Metallic - it is a Silverstonetek TJ06 case. My Mac desktop is a similar color. My MacBook is white - close to Summit White, but not quite.

I had a shiny Raidmax case back in high school, with plastic tubes with hydroformed bubbles inside. I waxed it, and I subsequently got made fun of, as I told my friends... LOL

The John Deere has to keep the yellow wheels, though! Maybe they could be redone Rally Yellow...