Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Shifting into 2nd gear on your V6 M6?
Periodic / Regular Grind 194 45.97%
Periodic / Regular Bind 89 21.09%
No Issue 139 32.94%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #1429
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Or they can tell the dealer to fix the car and it will be done. They can send somebody higher up to evaluate the issue and get it fixed as well. The dealer wanted me to pay them for parts and labor on a new clutch and I called GM customer care and a higher up was sent out and told the dealer to cover the clutch parts. So it can go either way. How lucky do you feel?!?!
I agree with you but once you get to where I was at 3 transmissions and a lawsuit, the dealership eventually got tired of me and just said they refuse to work on my car all together. Then I tried about 4 other dealerships, then 2 hours later each time I would get a call stating that the regional area manager sent an email to all chevrolet dealers in my area telling them not to touch my car at all.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #1430
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Lemon law should be a viable solution for you. What issues where you having?? Just the 2nd gear grind??
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #1431
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
I think im just going to do it myself. Parts are no more than 300 bucks and i have a buddy with a lift. New clutch and pressure plate, as well as the revised steel flywheel bolts.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #1432
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I think im just going to do it myself. Parts are no more than 300 bucks and i have a buddy with a lift. New clutch and pressure plate, as well as the revised steel flywheel bolts.
How are you going to fix the syncros?
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #1433
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
How are you going to fix the syncros?
I have no grinding issues whatsoever below 5000rpms. I rarely ever go higher if that high. My beef has been with the clutch and hydraulics. I don't need new sychros because i haven't ground the shit out of them yet. If there's a fix like the carbon rings for the T6060 then I'll address that issue.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #1434
piticu667

Quote:
I have no grinding issues whatsoever below 5000rpms. I rarely ever go higher if that high. My beef has been with the clutch and hydraulics. I don't need new sychros because i haven't ground the shit out of them yet. If there's a fix like the carbon rings for the T6060 then I'll address that issue.
Sorry dude my bad i thought you were going to fix the whole tranny.. I must have misunderstood. I keep hearing ppl say that there is a fix for ay6 but when I ask around nobody knows anything :(... I thought maybe you found the carbon blocker stuff online...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #1435
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
I was supposed to get my car back today but the dealer called and told me they found a massive coolant leak at the back of the block and need the car a few more days.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #1436
piticu667

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
I was supposed to get my car back today but the dealer called and told me they found a massive coolant leak at the back of the block and need the car a few more days.
typical since i bought the camaro at least a third of the time i had it in the service station.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #1437
HBMike

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green HBR
2nd gear

Cannot shift my car into second from 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th

going into gm for a tear down.

still grinds 1st to 2nd

should of bought a mustang.
Wilwood 6 Pistons -Magnaflow X-Cat back - CDC Havoc Styling - TSW Wheels - Roadwire Custom Green Leather Interior - Hotchkis Race Suspension - Whiteline Flatout - KW V3 Suspension - 3M Wraps - Toyo Tires - IPF Supercharger - Vortech V3 - Airaid Filters
HBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #1438
toasterfires

Drives: BMW 328i
I ended up cutting my losses and trading for a BMW. My car was shifting .. well it was shifting "normally" for what the transmission was but I drive too many miles to want to deal with anything stupid with trying to convince the dealer to fix stuff and being without a car. I bought a BMW with more miles than my camaro and it shifts so much better I can't even begin to describe how much of a pleasure the bimmer is to drive.
toasterfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #1439
piticu667

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterfires View Post
I ended up cutting my losses and trading for a BMW. My car was shifting .. well it was shifting "normally" for what the transmission was but I drive too many miles to want to deal with anything stupid with trying to convince the dealer to fix stuff and being without a car. I bought a BMW with more miles than my camaro and it shifts so much better I can't even begin to describe how much of a pleasure the bimmer is to drive.
Yeah that seems to be the only hope at fix ... trade the stupid capparo in for a real sporty car....
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #1440
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:

No carbon rings for us AY6 guys. Just the T6060.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #1441
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasterfires View Post
You should head over to the BMW forums then. Probably one of those people who back TB occupy wall street movement, but buys everythng foriegn. My car has the grind too, but to trade it for a BMW... You was lookin to get out of that car anyways. This thread is set up to report a problem and try to get a response from GM. Not to bash and inform that you have another car. We are looking for a legitimate response, and these posts are not helping our issue, so you should move along.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #1442
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
You should head over to the BMW forums then. Probably one of those people who back TB occupy wall street movement, but buys everythng foriegn. My car has the grind too, but to trade it for a BMW... You was lookin to get out of that car anyways. This thread is set up to report a problem and try to get a response from GM. Not to bash and inform that you have another car. We are looking for a legitimate response, and these posts are not helping our issue, so you should move along.
After all the time that this thread has been open and all the problems that you guys are having (I was having as well) and GM still hasnt answered. I dont see why a guy telling us what his experience was and how he solved it is a problem. Maybe GM will come in this thread and see how many people traded to a whole different brand and might look into it. But I highly doubt it.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ay6, bind, grind, repair, swap