Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #15
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
I wonder the same thing since the car really isnt making much boost at idle, would you really see much as far as gains there? I havent even tried mine yet, and I am no expert, but my buddies mustang made 667 to the rear wheels and just driving it around town it went good but didnt really surprise you or feel very powerful. Hit 2500 RPMs and the boost gauge came up and the tires went up in smoke.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #16
Pro-tuned
Angewendet Ingenieur

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1
Regear and L99 delete...
LQ9, Iron Block, Forged internals, 408CI, Jannetty custom cam, TS short block, Whipple, Hardened Jackshaft, PRC 260, 2X3 Dynatech Full Competition, HF Cats, CAI, NW 103, Chee, ID 1300, COPO Breather, MSD, Fore Dual Pump, ultratorque, E85, dual Meth, True Trac, 3:45, 1500hp axle-shafts, DSS CF, BMR, custom Pearl/Candy paint by Jaidah.
Pro-tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylejames83 View Post
The traction control off and sport mode was implied. Overall performance has been good with the tune. My fuel trims were initially an issue so I did what he suggested and it is running strong. Nothing shows up on the log to suggest issues, so just dont know about the take off. It's meant to be a good review. I could have gotten a dyno tune after what the 2 tuners cost, but Ted's work ethic and word is why I would highly suggest him.
To turn off everything you have to hold the button down for about 10 seconds, traction control is only part of the system you need to turn off. Without taking the car to the track it's pretty hard to tell a 40 hp difference. I really couldn't tell much of a difference (seat of the pants) until I added 100 hp.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote