Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #15
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Ouch! Yea if possible, I always try to leave a little extra room between myself and the car in front of me in case some idiot isn't paying attention and I need to get out of the way. It saved the back end of my truck last year, I could tell the car behind me wasn't going to stop in time so I took off into the right lane and watched that car come about 2 feet from hitting the one that was in front of me. Sorry for your pain OP, hope they get her back together as good as new!
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #16
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Oh MAN! Damn, that hurts! While I realize it is an ACCIDENT, I still would want to bitch slap the guy. You should have come out of the car grabbing your neck. Make it worth your pain of looking at that damage.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Thanks to the tank!! Zeta's are built like damn tanks for those Roo's in the outback!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #18
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
Thanks to the tank!! Zeta's are built like damn tanks for those Roo's in the outback!
Yep, one of the many benefits of being built off a fullsized platform. We might be a little heavy, but we're safe.

Still, I always cringe when I see someone zooming up behind me in traffic.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel123 View Post
Driving to work, stop and go traffic, come to a stop a safe distance from the vehicle in front of me and smack.

Other car was a 98 Olds, front smashed in leaking all over. Guy admitted he looked down, then back up, and it was too late.
Do your research on diminished value if your car was never in an accident before. It will be harder to sell. I wish I researched this when my other car got hit.

Good job BTW on keeping a buffer between you and the guy in front of you. You saved your front end and hopefully you were able to drive away?

On my way home on a drizzling commute. There's a spot that always backs up where highway traffic will go from 70 to 0. I always keep a few car lengths in front of me....always. I get hit by the car behind me that was too close to my bumper. She got hit by an idiot texting going about 40 (my estimate). My car's damage looked like your car. My actions spared the guy in front of me. He was so grateful and thanked me profusely. All the people in the car behind me (all old people) were taken away in an ambulance. Their car was a Prius. The idiot was driving an suv.

There is absolutely no excuse for txt and driving. They should start throwing people in jail for this. I hope you sue the guy. That's the only way these people will learn. Get another Camaro. I'm sorry to say, youur Camaro will never be the same again.

Last edited by Level300; 06-29-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
13SSCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I had the same type of accident and my rear looked the same. Check your frame rail end caps, i bet they are slightly bent. Mine was $12,000 worth of damage
2013 SS M6, TSP Stage 3 231/246 cam kit, TSP Trunion upgrade, Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX PTB, TSP 1 7/8 Long tube headers and high flow cats, Corsa Xtreme ZL1 Catback exhaust, Elite E2-X Catch can, Trick Flow Gen-X 255 heads milled 0.025 and valve job, GPI rod mod and ported intake, ID850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump, Flex sensor and E-85, Mantic 9000 and 1LE 3.91 diff 512rwhp/462rwtq
13SSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:05 PM   #21
05Goat

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
I agree, people should be heavily fined and after like offense 3, see a weekend in jail and have to go to some bs classes for it. I would be super embarrassed if I was texting and hit someone. I see younger girls texting all the time. Dog is man's best friend and always will be. A woman's best friend was a diamond and now the cell phone. Classic!
05Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #22
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
really sucks man hopefully it gets fixed up nice
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote