Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
brandon155

Drives: 10 SS camaro, cam, header, tune!
D1sc on stock bottom end ls3???

As the title says, i am wanting to boost my camaro and i know tons of people are doing this all the time, i have done re search after re search and i don’t seem to find anything to answer my questions. so i am posting my self, i will list my current set up below and then i’ll post my soon to come set up when i get more funds..

Current set up
stock ls3 with Btr 4 cam
Upgraded trunnion kit from btr
Btr 660 dual springs
Gm high volume pump
pushrods from BTR.
Npp exhaust
TSP long tube headers
might mouse WILD system can
And short tuned.

My question is how does the stock bottoms end hold up for power level any where from 600-700 wheel, i do not daily the car or do it beat on my car, everything is stock but what is mentioned above, do have 17inch wheel for drag and zl1 reps, lowered 1.25 and trailing arms (BMR). i planned on going d1sc stage 2 upgrade From a local shop here in town, fore or squash dual pumps with e85 no blend and no meth ID1050x injectors ...

i do not want to forged the bottom end nor do i have the funds to do that right now. from anyone that has experience who is running this power level , that takes a beating on there cars and is still going as of today!! i am wanting to run about 6-8 pounds of boost. i planned on using my current cam, i called brain tooley the man himself and he says it makes great power with a centri set up, but the only thing is it hurts boost because of valves being open for longer then if i was running a smaller cam. he told me LsxPERKS uses big cams all the time with centri set ups. so not to really worried about cam as
of right now. , planned on leaving drive train alone for now. do have a mcleod rxt clutch in the car so i am good on clutch. i guess i’ll replace whatever brakes as time goes. really wanting to leave bottom end alone for now as mentioned above. so let me know who’s still going on sbe for long period of time. also would i need head studs for 650 wheel...

Any info would be nice to know from people that have experience with force induction.

my current installer is jared C at supercharger outlet and performance and my tuner is james short here in the good ole KY..
brandon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
scv_guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532249
scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
gar89ta

Drives: 2013 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon155 View Post
As the title says, i am wanting to boost my camaro and i know tons of people are doing this all the time, i have done re search after re search and i don’t seem to find anything to answer my questions. so i am posting my self, i will list my current set up below and then i’ll post my soon to come set up when i get more funds..

Current set up

stock ls3 with Btr 4 cam

Btr 660 dual springs

Gm high volume pump

pushrods from BTR.

Npp exhaust

TSP long tube headers

And short tuned.

My question is how does the stock bottoms end hold up for power level any where from 600-700 wheel, i do not daily the car or do it beat on my car, everything is stock but what is mentioned above, do have 17inch wheel for drag and zl1 reps, lowered 1.25 and trailing arms (BMR). i planned on going d1sc stage 2 upgrade From a local shop here in town, fore or squash dual pumps with e85 no blend and no meth ID1050x injectors ...

i do not want to forged the bottom end nor do i have the funds to do that right now. from anyone that has experience who is running this power level , that takes a beating on there cars and is still going as of today!! i am wanting to run about 6-8 pounds of boost. i planned on using my current cam, i called brain tooley the man himself and he says it makes great power with a centri set up, but the only thing is it hurts boost because of valves being open for longer then if i was running a smaller cam. he told me LsxPERKS uses big cams all the time with centri set ups. so not to really worried about cam as

of right now. , planned on leaving drive train alone for now. do have a mcleod rxt clutch in the car so i am good on clutch. i guess i’ll replace whatever brakes as time goes. really wanting to leave bottom end alone for now as mentioned above. so let me know who’s still going on sbe for long period of time. also would i need head studs for 650 wheel...

Any info would be nice to know from people that have experience with force induction.

my current installer is jared C at supercharger outlet and performance and my tuner is james short here in the good ole KY..

Brandon,
I’m currently putting down 667 rwhp. I have many passes on the car with 17” welds and Mickey ET street R tires. I am not running a centri blower but a Whipple pd blower. The only issue is the factory SS diff, half shafts, and driveshaft. The 17” Mickeys HOOK!!!! That said I went with a used 373 ZL1 rear with stock ZL1 axels and driveshaft I picked up off eBay for about 1500. I have all of your mods and then some! Hope this helps and Good Luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gar89ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
brandon155

@gar89ta,
how long have you been at that power level? and any issues
Old 06-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #5
brandon155

besides what u mentioned. i’m talking motor wise
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Current set up
stock ls3 with Btr 4 cam
Btr 660 dual springs
Gm high volume pump
pushrods from BTR.
Npp exhaust
TSP long tube headers
And short tuned.

I don't have that setup however I am going with a D1x stage 2 procharger kit. However I did want something a bit more reliable. So I am going with a 416 forged stroker engine with a custom grind cam. I know that is something out of your price range. However I am going with almost the same setup.

ID1050x Injectors
Holley Sniper EFI Intake Manifold
Monster Twin Disk Clutch rated for 1,000 hp flywheel

I was going to see if I can add that power to my SBE and still be reliable with low amount of boost. But at the end of the day I am going to want more power and I will have to change the diff and the axles as well as the driveshaft to support what I want to add to the car. That is why I am going this route. Yes it is a extremely expensive route but I think I will have some peace of mind knowing that my daily will hold and run just fine when I want to punch it in the street or on the track.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #7
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
I have the mods in my sigs for a while now. Before TT I had a ECS kit. I don't daily my car either ('10 w/ 27,2XX miles), but when I do drive I am using good for about 5-6 good hard runs with my buddies once or twice a month. With the ECS kit I ran 11-12 psi most of the time which was ~700 rwhp (dynocom dyno 93+meth).

With the TT I typically run 15-16 psi which is around ~800 rwhp(mustang dyno). I am still on the stock bottom end. The upgrade is a set of headstuds and LS9 head gasket which aren't necessary, but since I had to swap out lifter I added them anyway before I put on the TT.

I recently just added a AGP/Fore triple pump and running e85 now. I will see if my torque comes up a bit and perhaps I can lower boost a bit and make the same HP.

We'll see. I hope that helped.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #8
brandon155

thanks everyone for the replies. i will be only about 650 wheel if not a little more, i was going to go ECS but i got a super nice deal on a D1. i will be leaving my stock drive line alone for now until it breaks.... i have 1.25 BMR springs which will be changed to coil overs soon. and that’s a big maybe... but u day head studs isn’t a must for my power level. are u ls3 or L99 or do you have the ls3 conversion..
Old 06-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #9
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
thanks everyone for the replies. i will be only about 650 wheel if not a little more, i was going to go ECS but i got a super nice deal on a D1. i will be leaving my stock drive line alone for now until it breaks.... i have 1.25 BMR springs which will be changed to coil overs soon. and that’s a big maybe... but u day head studs isn’t a must for my power level. are u ls3 or L99 or do you have the ls3 conversion..
LS3. As I said only put head studs because I was already in there when replacing lifters.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote