Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Dr Jkel's Transformation

Hello All,

I have finally decided to make a thread about Dr. Jkel. I had originally thought about keeping it stock but have decided that this car is to fun to modify and have started.

My first mods were all cosmetic. I added Lloyd's floor mats and they look great. I then added the custom door sill plates and a windshield SS emblem.

I will make several post in a row so that I can kinda keep the pictures in order of the mods the way I did them. Enjoy.

Thought I would add a picture of my Lithograph.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 08-04-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

My windshield SS, not really a good pic but nonetheless a pic.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Very nice. I love my Lloyd's mats, I also have the trunk embroidered mat too.

Is your windshield "SS" inside or outside? Where did you purchase it? Thankx.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
nice touches.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

My next mod was to have my stripes painted on. I had the stock ones removed because they were starting to bubble a little bit and had been etched by bird poop when I went to dinner.

A funny thing happened when I did this. I actually had the entire car wet sanded and re-cleared becuase of everyone's issue with the paint. I have not had any issues since. I had to have a door dent fixed so I would have had the hood, deck lids and door without orange peel and the rest with. So I decided to do the whole car. Of course this was close to C5F and the day before I was set to leave the body shop informed me that they had chipped the hood and it would have to be repainted.

Since I was going to C5F they said they could fix it for the show but it would need to come back to be fixed correctly, of course free of charge. Actually she is there now being fixed.

But while at C5F I got another present, yes sports fans you guessed it, another door dent, so this is being fixed.

They also installed the splash guards, heritage grille, bowtie delete and installed the front SS emblems and Rear SS. I will post some pictures when I get it back, hopefully this week.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Nice RJT.
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I will go back and answer some of the post when I get caught up to date so to speak so please be patient.

After C5F I decided that a cam install was next for me. I searched high and low, thought I did enough research and plopped down my money for a Cold Air Inductions cai, cam, headers, hf cats, and SCT tuner and had these items installed by a local shop, the parts I bought from a vendor on here.

Well you know my luck, the car ran great the day I picked it up was a little rough for my liking but what are you gonna do. Drove my car to work the next day and it got worse, would only run above 2500 rpms and then it started to smoke. Now by smoke I mean SMOKE. My car looked like the mosquito truck coming by, not a pretty sight.

So I had the local redneck mechanic look at it and come to find out one of the rocker arms had come off, NOT GOOD. So I had that fixed and she still ran rough. The vendor tuned my car 4 times after I datalogged it but wasn't to my liking. Now talk about upset, I was very upset. I was getting 14 mpg down from 27 mpg

Finally out of desperation I contacted Ron at Vengeance Racing in Cumming, Georgia and he said that he would look at it. I told him to fix the 37k paper weight.

So I took it to Vengeance on a trailer unloaded it and Ron placed it on the dyno. My curve was real choppy and not smooth power and the best part was I was at 404rwhp, supposed to be around 440. They tried to tune it but the idle was still so bad and it shook to high heavens.

So the fix: REPLACE the cam that I had just installed, added a high volume oil pump and underdrive pulley and tuned it with EFI Live. Now I have 450 rwhp with a smaller cam and she runs great. Thanks So Much Ron
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

My next round of mods when I get her back is going to be Pfadt lowering springs and sway bars and a MGW shifter, installed by Vengeance along witha Borla Axle Back ATAK that I got from T and T Performance.

I did have the GMPP street version exhaust but it seemed to tame for me. And I will be selling it when I get the Borla installed. I will also post a video once Vengeance installs the exhaust.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Very nice. I love my Lloyd's mats, I also have the trunk embroidered mat too.

Is your windshield "SS" inside or outside? Where did you purchase it? Thankx.
Caniac,

My SS is on the outside of the windshield and It was given to me last year at the MTI FunFest at Little Talladega, actually I also got some RJT bowties for the center caps on my wheels from him. He had a trunkload that he was giving away so I took them, I offered to pay for them but her refused saying something about Licensing fees etc... but it looks good.

I also forgot to mention that I did get the trunk mat from LLoyds when I got the floor mats.

I also have a dash emblem that I got from Emblems Pro, a vendor here, that I really like. Of course pictures will follow when I get here back.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

OK pretty much caught up and now for future mods.

Wheels. I really liked PQ's wheels but after the problems he has had with the Savini wheels I really don't think I will go with them. I like the width and depth of his so I am on the look out.

I am really really really considering a TVS 2300. GTAHVIT has given me alot of great info on this but I am going to do alot of research before plopping down 7500.00. I am also looking into other things that I will need for this install.

Vengeance has given me an estimate for the TVS 2300/KBB Boost Pump/Upgraded Injectors/Retune/Billet Catch can. So I just have to decide what I want and if this is what I want save a few more pennies.

I would like to thank Randy, Chris, Terri and Tony for their help in answering questions about different subjects relating to the mod world.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Nice car and mods!

Vengeance is doing my cam and supercharger. We should be scheduling it soon since I sent Ron a lot of money back in June to order the parts

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #12
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Nice car and mods!

Vengeance is doing my cam and supercharger. We should be scheduling it soon since I sent Ron a lot of money back in June to order the parts
Vengeance ( Ron) really have treated me great. They fixed my car and it runs great now, but just have to save money for the S/C.

Been looking at wheels. What do ya'll think of these?
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #13
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
First car looks great, The rimes are nice.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
First car looks great, The rimes are nice.
Thanks, I have been looking at rims for awhile but PQ's ordeal has got me a little gunshy. These wheels seems to be pretty cool. These are forged wheels but they do make a cast wheel that looks exacylt like it. I have contacted a couple of members to find out the difference in the wheels. There is a big price difference in each.

I am also looking at CCW and Iconz, so if anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. The picture above is the style I like.

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 08-05-2010 at 08:13 AM.