Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
CamaroDude
Look Ma Im A Music Artist

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Talking Used Camaro's

Now I know that it is everyones dream to buy new, but lets say you cant. How much do you think the value will decrease (how much it would cost) to get a used - Camaro ls, Camaro 1lt, Camaro 2lt, Camaro ss and Camaro 2ss at about 6 months after its production date in Feb.
CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
So you are saying that you think people who waited for years to get one of these cars and paid MSRP to get it, is going to want to sell it after 6 months (actually 5 or 4 by the time they actually take delivery)? I highly doubt that is going to happen. If it did, it would really depend on what the market for the cars looks like at that time and how hard they are to come by. I would wait more like 1 year+ at the earliest.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDude View Post
Now I know that it is everyones dream to buy new, but lets say you cant. How much do you think the value will decrease (how much it would cost) to get a used - Camaro ls, Camaro 1lt, Camaro 2lt, Camaro ss and Camaro 2ss at about 6 months after its production date in Feb.
6 months? No way. You won't find them on used car lots until people can start buying '11 cars which isn't until summer '10. Some people are morons and believe in having a new car every year.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Oh I bet you could find a few "used" Camaros for sale after a few months of production. There will be plenty of guys/gals out there whose eyes are bigger than their wallets. They will order/buy a new Camaro, and a few months later figure out that they cannot afford the payments and/or insurance and be forced to sell it. Or, not that I would wish this on anyone, but bank repossesions are a good way to save money if you can find 'em. Granted they won't be plentiful, but I bet there would be a few out there. Just my opinion...
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Honestly, I can see a few idiots dropping new Camaros in used lots. Sometimes its the ones that get too many test drives, or it could be the ones that just don't connect with that particular driver.

I will be looking for used ones over the next year and a half before I am ready to buy new. It is possible that we will find them used, but it is also unlikely. Just be patient and keep looking. Eventually, we'll get what we want.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Are they gonna lease em? Cause a lease return might be your best bet, either way i think you are looking at a year wait. If somehow you managed to get a used one, good on ya, cause it would be cheaper. I don't know how much though.
Apparently some of the newest test model cars will be refitted and sold as 'used' so you might be in luck on that front. Of course, everyone and their dog who didn't buy new will be hunting for a bargain, so you will have to be quick and connected, start making buddy buddy with some salesmen now.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
So you are saying that you think people who waited for years to get one of these cars and paid MSRP to get it, is going to want to sell it after 6 months (actually 5 or 4 by the time they actually take delivery)? I highly doubt that is going to happen. If it did, it would really depend on what the market for the cars looks like at that time and how hard they are to come by. I would wait more like 1 year+ at the earliest.
That happens all the time with cars like the Camaro, and especially Motorcycles, Vettes, etc.

A buddy of mine worked in a motorcycle shop and they always had a decent stock of used bikes with 500 or less miles on them. And I've under 1 year old Vettes used on dealer lots with 1000 miles on them. Happens all the time.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I guess we will find out. It would break my heart to do that with this car. But different strokes for different folks.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I guess we will find out. It would break my heart to do that with this car. But different strokes for different folks.
It's hard to imagine someone doing that to this car, but I wouldn't want any drivers of this car not to love it the way that we do on Camaro5. It's actually good for us to be able to adopt a car that simply wasn't appreciated the way that it should be. I'd be delighted to get one fresh, but one with a couple thousand miles won't hurt the wallet the same way.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote