Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #169
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Wow, Camaro5 is being listed as a source by MotorTrend. That is kinda sexy.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6396341/au...nth/index.html
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #170
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
....fwee....do..neee......no...fweekee......dowuwa afiff...fwiwee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Somebody been sniffing the glue again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
iff...ooo..can....weed..id.........go..gid...peeng uwawwo
That's what zebra sounds like with a mouth ball-gag. I mean, I am just guessing. I have never been around zebra with a ball gag. I mean there was that one time...Never mind. WHERE'S THE DAMN DELETE BUTTON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Dear Mr. Fbod,

I would be honored if you could answer 2 questions for me:

#1: With a delay on production startup, will the date when you have to finalise your order before it goes to factory also be pushed back?

#2: On the other thread about todays IDL, it says that the factory might offer more stripes in the near future. I am wondering is this true, and are they talking about colors, or length as well? (Can I get factory bumblebees now?)

Thank you for your time, you are awesome and I for one appreciate all the time you guys put into this community. It shows your love for this product.
Holy crap! Just when I thought this damn longer stripe crap would die when COPO bowed out. Give is a rest already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Well if it mattered to delay production then I want to know what it is.
Frankly, this is a stupid request. If you knew about every issue that they encountered and corrected on EVERY car produced, you would ride a bike. They come upon issues like, the gap in the door isn't lining up so they readjust the line so that the door gaps are within specifications. Frankly, we don't need to know about stuff like that. Just forget about it and know that when your cars comes it will be perfect.

Fbodfather, I really appreciate you taking the time to be on this site and to share as much information with us as you do. We know the extra effort you put in and I for one (along with lots of us) appreciate it greatly. We just ask that you and GM understand that we are all hanging by your every word and anxiously awaiting our cars. We have invested a fair amount of money (both in deposits and expected total payments) on this car. All we ask is that you guys keep us in the loop as much as you can.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #171
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I may be the only one that's happy the Camaro is delayed. I just got laid off yesterday and now I have a month to get back on my feet. The Camaro delay was the best new I got yesterday. That added in with a the delay results in a better product.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #172
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I may be the only one that's happy the Camaro is delayed. I just got laid off yesterday and now I have a month to get back on my feet. The Camaro delay was the best new I got yesterday. That added in with a the delay results in a better product.
Now that's the way to have a positive perspective. Best of luck getting back on your feet.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #173
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
I'm quietly waiting for my dealership to call me when my black ss2 LS3 manual stick car show's up. If it's a month delay is better than never seeing it at all. So, thank you Scott for all your help and Tammy is right come visit the great norhtwest for a great vacation.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #174
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm happy things have calmed down a bit. I can't belive how many posts were on the IDL thread. Towards the end someone said the Mustang GT was going to have V6 Camaros for lunch. I did a little research, and the V6 Camaro with it's 300HP engine is the same amount of HP on a V8 GT Mustang. So, I don't think it will have any Camaro for lunch.

I would rather wait to make sure the car is perfect, rather than get one that needs to be in the shop all the time. Plus it gives me time to pay off my truck!
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #175
StormRaven77

Drives: Audi A4 Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
THANK YOU !!!

This is a PERFECT THREAD to illustrate one of the points I've been trying to make..............here's someone who wasn't even CONSIDERING a Camaro -- and lookie what happened!!!!

I'm from a family that grew up on Hondas and later made the switch to Mercedes. My father had an old Chevy ages ago and swore never to buy an American car after all the problems he had. I'm 31 and was dead set on getting an 08 Acura TL but after reading about the new Camaro I can't shake my desire for an American muscle car. My family thinks I'm crazy but something tells me this will be a quality product. Reading the forums I see the passion everyone has for it and I'm sold.
StormRaven77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #176
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Pete: I was just wondering about the stripes cause they got brought up in the IDL apparently, and since I don't get to see the video, I was wondering what it meant. I am in no way COPO. I won't be cancelling my order because i can't get long stripes, I'll just go to my local decal shop. But I would definately get factory ones if I had to pay more.
And since for a few seconds, the fbod himself was here to answer questions, I thought I would pose it and eliminate 20 something pages of useless arguements and rumors.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #177
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
I'm sorry but this whole situation is unbelievable! I don't really care about the delay it's only a month. The fact is we've known about this car since Winter 2005. It will be almost 3 1/2 years since we all layed our eyes on the concept, by the time half of us get our cars that we ordered. If there aren't anymore delays again, god-willing. I just baffles me how long it took to get this car out, and just how secrective our dealers, except CAMARO SCOTTY, thanks Scott and GM is being just as bad. I mean the car was suppossed to be produced next month and even up until yeaterday we still didn't know much about the situation of this car except for the V6! We haven't even seen a picture of this car with stripes or in Cyber Gray Metallic!

GM has really dropped the ball on this car in my eyes. The truth is I think it's great that they are delaying the car so we don't get pieces of crap on the road, even though that might be just But, who knows what they are up to. the truth is all theses bugs should've been done already. I swear the people who worked on this car could've been beat out by trained monkeys to get this car on the road already! I mean on one hand I appreciate that GM is doing the right thing, but on the other hand I'm so mad that we all have to wait any longer for a car that should have already been on the road. GM new they were going to build this car before it was even a concept, so the song and dance of "We are going to wait to see the reaction before we produce it...." is BS! They knew old men would be crying at the unveiling and they knew they needed this car on the market.

Unfortunatley, I think I might be out of the Camaro running. The unknown is what scares me and no noe seems to be able to answer questions around here or at the dealers, or GM reps! I am the first on my dealers list for a V8, but all I know for sure is that I'll have ti by September, which begins the 4th Quarter of car production. My dealer has only so many allocations and all of them will be built by than! But, who knows when GM will give him the go ahead for my SS/RS! I have already started to look at a Vette again, although the new 370Z is very nice and so much more refined and realiable than the Vette, I juts don't think can bring myself to buying one, even thoguh I loved my '03 and '04 Z. Too underpowered! But, it is still a possiblity. GM has dissapointed me on this one, and by possibly losing my sale they can be the ones that hurt now! Yeah, someone will buy my Camaro, but they will still lose another customer for life which is never a good thing!

Sorry for the rant!
Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #178
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Cheers, Scott.

This Bud's for YOU.
LOL, that looks like Mountain Dew

Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #179
LS 1st gen
Kept the Faith.

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS
Send a message via AIM to LS 1st gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven77 View Post
I'm from a family that grew up on Hondas and later made the switch to Mercedes. My father had an old Chevy ages ago and swore never to buy an American car after all the problems he had. I'm 31 and was dead set on getting an 08 Acura TL but after reading about the new Camaro I can't shake my desire for an American muscle car. My family thinks I'm crazy but something tells me this will be a quality product. Reading the forums I see the passion everyone has for it and I'm sold.
Reminds of an occasionally brought up question.....

How many songs have been written about an Acura?

Obviously none. You're buying an American icon in Camaro. Welcome home.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #180
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
All I can say is with the economy the way it is GM and dealers better get this one right.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #181
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
May I suggest that you take that up with your elected officials?

We don't like it any more than you do -- and the threads that 'broke out' today are just ONE of the problems we face with allocation.

(Why do you assume WE made the rules on allocation?)

Computers are cars are two wildly different things...........

As I said in an earlier post about allocation: Go talk to the guys from Honda that went to jail because they did not follow an 'allocation' plan.

Not our choice!

If we could build "first come, first served" we'd have happy customers -- and that's what we want. Alas, we must follow the law to the letter!
Scott, I know now is not the time or place to say this but I'm gonna say it anyway because of the point you brought up in this post..... for these reasons and the fact that state franchise laws prevent you (and GM) from doing what I'm sure you would like and prefer to do for us your customers, I still conceed that bankruptcy would have been a very strategic way to go. You could then basically circumvent assinine laws that prevent you from having the flexibility to serve your customer's better. Franchise laws restrict so much it frustrates everyone. You could sell cars via the internet, hell, you could have a private delivery program like BMW (explain to me how BMW circumvents USA franchise laws with their European deliververy program where you can pick your 3 series right up from the plant in Bavaria!!!!)

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. You keep telling us GM has to abide by laws, that we have to change our ellected officials, but you don't make serious efforts to change them or force the hand to circumvent them legally. Trust me, GM has more legal clought in the US than any of us pissant Joe the Plumber voters.

When Rick was up there on Capitol Hill testifying, why didn't he mention that if all 50 states franchise laws weren't repealed, GM couldn't serve their customers as well as they need to? That would have been a humdinger to those congressmen!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #182
oldbowtie

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2013 Regal GS
Thanks fbodfather. I'm always patient. My Dad, a 40 year Fisher Body (Ewing, N.J.) tool maker, always told me..."anything worth doing well was worth doing right...the first time".

Former Rides:

1966 Chevelle (1971 to 2007)
1970 chevelle (1974 to 1991)

Future Ride: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel tint Black Rally Stripes 20" Polished Wheels
oldbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote