Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #141
supasport

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
i'm just getting it to reduce the miles added on the camaro. and i'm not looking for something "fun" just looking for something better than the camaro in the winter, while having good MPG. also.. corollas are cheap in labor, cheap on gas (regular gasoline), cheap insurance , and i can probably grab a good running one for 1.5-2k.
and let's be honest... who doesn't like the feeling of having a nice car under a cover, anxiously waiting to drive it again?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #142
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
The only thing I dislike about my Camaro being my daily driver is the added miles...

That said, it's just a number and maintenance is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
i'm just getting it to reduce the miles added on the camaro. and i'm not looking for something "fun" just looking for something better than the camaro in the winter, while having good MPG. also.. corollas are cheap in labor, cheap on gas (regular gasoline), cheap insurance , and i can probably grab a good running one for 1.5-2k.
and let's be honest... who doesn't like the feeling of having a nice car under a cover, anxiously waiting to drive it again?
Performance Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake | Pypes Cat-Back Exhaust | Aluminum Paddle Shifters | VaraRam Wedge | Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPC Pads | M.M. Ported Throttle Body | Kooks 1 7/8 Headers w/ High Flow Cats | Dyno Tune @ RPM
Cosmetic Mods: Rally Stripes (style1, style2, style2.2) | Splitter | Painted Calipers | Door Projector Lights | Front-Emblem Delete | Cup Holder Lighting | Quarter Window Covers | Phantom Grille | Ghosted Side Markers | Tinted Fog Lights | ZL1 Rockers | Tail Light Bezels
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #143
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
How great is it to get off work knowing your going to drive home in a Camaro. I really cant say my Sonata or Tucson ever gave me that rush of enjoyment right after work.
I literally get very happy towards the end of work just thinking about driving home. Sometimes I take the longest route home just to enjoy the ride... Most the time the roads are wide open and I can push the corner speed a little. So I push it about ten over to see how it handles... Having my winter set on is not as fun... I have the 9" rears and 8" front SS rims for now... Once March rolls around I will have my ZL1 rims back on... 11" rear and 10" front... YEA!!!!

I feel sorry for those that cant daily drive because of the weather... Here is a for you
I feel the very same way about my G8 GT. I've had it for 5 years now and I still feel this way. For the last week it's been in the shop having the lower control arms replaced. My loaner was a Buick Lacrosse. I have to say it was a great car on the side of luxury. It actually exceeded my expectations. Being in a bear bones sports sedan for five years, I never realized how much tech and comfort I've been missing out on all these years. The G8 seems so generic now. That being said, the Buick was a great place to be in but I didn't look forward to driving it. I just couldn't wait to get my G8 back and drive the hell out of it. I drove the hell out of it yesterday from work and loved every minute of it and as I type this I can't wait to get in it and go. I constantly peek out the window to get a good look and it and it still hasn't gotten old.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #144
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Are there any talks of Sig sauer's?
Not sure, I have a M&P 40 cal enjoy the weapon, what brand is all dependent on the user.

I think this is for another site all together.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #145
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
:fOP really? Good job on compensating and trying to convince yourself that its all good but for the ones that are fornuate enough to save our cars from daily abuse, its all good bc we really dont care that you drive it everyday and dont need to make stupid posts about our garaged babies....

So when's your next post? V6 vs V8 or how about Auto vs Manual?

Quote:
no is it yours??? Every other day it seems there's these daily driver threads. They are as annoying as the v6 vs v8 or auto vs manual threads. Good you drive your car everyday. Who cares? I can afford to have another car as a daily, don't see me making posts bragging about how I feel sorry for people who have to make their Camaros a daily. Again who freaking cares? Oh well. Tis life.
Instead go buying a second car you should have bought a better attitude.

Mine is a dd, but I do work from home so I can limit driving in bad conditions if needed. I drove 200 miles round trip yesterday in 25 degrees on stock summer tires.

I'm also one that thinks not driving a car now to improve resale value in 30 years is a silly approach. A first year finance student could give you a list of 100 better investments. If I wanted one, It will be cheaper in the long run for me to just buy a mint 2013 camaro in 30 years with money I've invested and seen gains on rather than buying one today, pay interest, insure the car, and maintain the car for 30 years.

Last edited by Msmall143; 02-09-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #146
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Im surprised there where no "u mad bro" pics
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #147
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
When I think of winter driving I don't think of it as "fun" in anyway no matter what vehicle I am in. I would much rather put 75 miles a day of DD to work/school in a corolla than almost any other vehicle during the winter. Yeah in the summer I take the Camaro once in a while to work/school. As much as I love General Motor vehicles.... not many can beat the reliability, cheapness, and fuel efficiency all in one of a Corolla... (I know i'm about to get a lot of hate for saying that )
I wouldn't hate on you for choosing a Toyota based on those attributes . . . as long as you didn't sacrifice all of the driving fun to get them.

Trust me, the best part of a long day at school or at work can be the drive home in a car that's fun to drive. But only if you give yourself the chance to let that happen. Hint - it doesn't have to be as fast as your Camaro to be fun.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #148
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Mine is my DD, but I have had it for 4 years, and, well, it is old hat now. No great shakes when driving it anymore.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #149
StoutSnout

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2016 Challenger Hellcat
My Camaro spends a lot of time in the garage between Oct and Mar, but it's not to keep miles down, or improve resale. it's simply the climate. I do however agree that a boring winter beater would be difficult to tolerate. if I couldn't afford the SRT8 Cherokee, I'd be investing in winter tires.
StoutSnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #150
danthemuffinman
@dandausch

Drives: 2010 white Camaro 2SS RS
My dad has a bunch of cars in his garages that sit around and you know what they do? Depreciate. Some are nicer and I can understand not driving a historic car. If you can afford to save gas/put less miles on your car, go for it, if that makes you happy.

I got my Camaro a month ago. It's a 2010 and it had 7500 miles. You know what I do with it? I drive it because it's a joy to own. I wanted a car that made me forget about work and the shitty 30 mile commute I endure, each way. Right now I can't wait to leave work because I'll get to drive my car and I love every minute of it.

My point is: cars are not paperweights. While some people like Jay Leno can afford to keep every spec of dust off their pristine collection, other people are out cruising and enjoying the car that they paid for. I wouldn't mind having a small truck or something when I can't make it up a snow covered hill, but if the roads are clear, she rides. Life is short.
danthemuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #151
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Man it feels so good to jump in my low mile, garage kept, showroom clean, still smells like new Camaro and whip around town on beautiful sunny days knowing that my baby is so spoiled that I dont have to beat and abuse her everyday with salt on the roads and idiots in parking lots. God I feel so sorry for people who drive their Camaros everyday. Here's a for you and a for the spoiled, loved garage queens. <dripping in sarcasm>

OP really? Good job on compensating and trying to convince yourself that its all good but for the ones that are fornuate enough to save our cars from daily abuse, its all good bc we really dont care that you drive it everyday and dont need to make stupid posts about our garaged babies....

So when's your next post? V6 vs V8 or how about Auto vs Manual?

wow! did you just buy his car? then wtf! I also think is stupid spend money and keep a car like that at home like a sick son... but hey I RESPECT what people want to do with their cars...

Last edited by Sesiom Summers; 02-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #152
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I know I have stated this before, though the thread its a little long now.

All's I wanted to say is how nice it is to own a Camaro and Drive it. I also feel sorry for those that have bad winters. When it snows around here I dont take my Camaro for fear of damage, either by someone else or even me. Thats all, I just wanted to know if people enjoy getting off work knowing that a Camaro awaits their drive home.
This had nothing to do with a daily driver or a garage queen. It was my mistake for the title... I should of said, "Do you enjoy Driving your Camaro to and from work." Although now those who are retired are mad at me. So maybe I should of titled it, " How Great is it to Drive a Camaro!!!!"

Anyway be safe and enjoy your Camaro!!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #153
smithwbtx

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey LS 6-speed
...then, she said...

Conversation on the way to the lake cabin Saturday:

Her: "Let's stop and drive a new Camaro..."
Him: "What the hell ever! You can't even see over the dash..." which then turned into "Ok, what the hell ever..."

His: 1991 RS, 5.0l, 5-speed, 178,485 miles (February 1991)
Hers: 2014 LS, 3.6l, 6-speed, 129 miles (February 2014)

His: throaty exhaust (high-flow cat, Flowmaster 50 series)
Hers: everything else...

His: proven, solid, still grin-inducing
Hers: let you know in 23 years...

But I agree: daily drivers are the ONLY way to go...
Attached Images

smithwbtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #154
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI

Crazy yo.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote