Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Has Anyone Seen These??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-SIDE-SKIR...bee506&vxp=mtr

Anyone see these, or know about them? Seems like a good "fill for now" until you have a budget for ZL1 sides etc.

I might pop on them if no one else has for some feedback -
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Jn2

Drives: Solstice GXP
looks like its that garage liner they sell for their "front lip". Its like a rubbery material, not worth $50 if you're wondering

Last edited by Jn2; 08-24-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Jn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

Gotcha I wonder how it attached underneath on the sides
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
looks like its that garage liner they sell for their "front lip". Its like a rubbery material, not worth $50 if you're wondering
I personally dont have it but opinions are like "asses" everyone has one and maybe you shouldnt knock something until you have tried it. I just looked at his listing and alot of people like what he is selling it seems to me....
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-SIDE-SKIR...bee506&vxp=mtr

Anyone see these, or know about them? Seems like a good "fill for now" until you have a budget for ZL1 sides etc.

I might pop on them if no one else has for some feedback -
I would say theyre worth a shot for the price. I lucked out on zl1 spoiler replica from ebay.

But looking at the listing what scares me is that it says its compatible with all the 90s models Camaros... so I don't think you would be getting the actualy sideskirts you are thinking of.
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Jn2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I personally dont have it but opinions are like "asses" everyone has one and maybe you shouldnt knock something until you have tried it. I just looked at his listing and alot of people like what he is selling it seems to me....
he can buy the stuff at home depot for way cheaper, its that garage door liner stuff, not worth $50, not saying the mod is not worth doing. Just that there is no point in wasting $50 for something that is way cheaper at a hardware store; and by way cheaper, i mean $5-$10 vs $50 and a 1 week wait time if he bought it off ebay

Thats the stuff

Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #7
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
he can buy the stuff at home depot for way cheaper, its that garage door liner stuff, not worth $50, not saying the mod is not worth doing. Just that there is no point in wasting $50 for something that is way cheaper at a hardware store; and by way cheaper, i mean $5-$10 vs $50 and a 1 week wait time if he bought it off ebay

Thats the stuff

That stuff can't be as flimsy a rubber like the garage door stuff, has to be a little more ridged, or else the one in the photo would be sagging between fasteners. Though there is photoshop?
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #8
Jn2

his other listings also have it flexible foam that attaches with 3m tape...
Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
TwentyTen2SSRS

Hmmm interesting. Where would you attached the garage door seal? Just same? Get some 3M tape and put it up under the side rockers?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Even the picture doesn't look that good. You can still see the curve of the stock rocker.

Save your money for the real rockers if that is what you really want. No reason to waste money when you plan on it just temporary anyway.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
TwentyTen2SSRS

True good call. Thanks!