Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Question on the RS package, and the halo lights..

So i'm planning to buy a 2ss in a couple months, ( cant wait!!! ) and anyway, can anyone explain what the rs pacakge actually does?

secoundly, i was looking at there site, and the only thing i see that it does other then somthing with the rims is not give you halo lights, so my question is, if i dont purchase the RS package, can i still buy halo lights form a company and have them work on my car? or can i just get the halo's installed by the factory.

I dont think i want the entire RS package, because i plan to buy diffrent rims, so w/e it is that there charging $1200 for i'd rather avoid..

Halo's are only like $150 online, but is it possible to have them w/o the rs pacakage?

any feedback on this matter is greatley appricated

thank you awesome fourm you guys rock !
thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
kellyjrt

Drives: 2010 CAMARO ABM 2LT
The RS package doesn't really do anything for you except give you a set of wheels you can't rotate from front to back etc. You can get after market halo's that work just fine.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Like kelly just said, you can get aftermarket halo's but nothing looks better than the halo's coming straight from the factory with the RS package. I think it's a package well worth the money. But that's just my opinion.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetournykid View Post
So i'm planning to buy a 2ss in a couple months, ( cant wait!!! ) and anyway, can anyone explain what the rs pacakge actually does?

secoundly, i was looking at there site, and the only thing i see that it does other then somthing with the rims is not give you halo lights, so my question is, if i dont purchase the RS package, can i still buy halo lights form a company and have them work on my car? or can i just get the halo's installed by the factory.

I dont think i want the entire RS package, because i plan to buy diffrent rims, so w/e it is that there charging $1200 for i'd rather avoid..

Halo's are only like $150 online, but is it possible to have them w/o the rs pacakage?

any feedback on this matter is greatley appricated

thank you awesome fourm you guys rock !
First of all, Search is your friend. all of your answers are here if you take the time and search for them.

Moving on to your questions...

RS package is an appearance package: spoiler, 20' rims, different rims from normal 2ss, hid headlight, and halos.

if you don't purchase the package, yes you can still buy aftermarket halos and have them work.

No, you can not JUST have the halo's installed by the factory. It's the whole RS package or nothing.

And again, yes you can have halo's work if you buy aftermarket ones, EVEN if you did NOT get the RS package.

Good luck on your purchase and remember to search before posting next time!
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
thetournykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Like kelly just said, you can get aftermarket halo's but nothing looks better than the halo's coming straight from the factory with the RS package. I think it's a package well worth the money. But that's just my opinion.

problem is, the main cost is like the rims, i'm buying completley diffrent rims, so would they be able to just do the halo option?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetournykid View Post
problem is, the main cost is like the rims, i'm buying completley diffrent rims, so would they be able to just do the halo option?
You should talk with your dealer and find out if they are able to do that. But I am 90% that they can not.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
thetournykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantacamaro View Post
First of all, Search is your friend. all of your answers are here if you take the time and search for them.

Moving on to your questions...

RS package is an appearance package: spoiler, 20' rims, different rims from normal 2ss, hid headlight, and halos.

if you don't purchase the package, yes you can still buy aftermarket halos and have them work.

No, you can not JUST have the halo's installed by the factory. It's the whole RS package or nothing.

And again, yes you can have halo's work if you buy aftermarket ones, EVEN if you did NOT get the RS package.

Good luck on your purchase and remember to search before posting next time!

Ok thanks man that about sums up what i needed
Old 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
On the RS cars, the fog lights are actually the DRL's. You can't turn them on when the regular headlights are already on.

The roof-ditch molding is also the same color as the paint on the RS cars. Non-RS car roof ditch molding is black.

The RS cars also have a darker colored tail light. You can acheive the same look by tinting them.

If you were getting the V6 the RS package also adds the rear spoiler, but the SS already come with that.

The rims on the RS are midnight silver instead of the regular painted rims. If you want the polished aluminum they are extra regardless.

The halos also have a HID light in them. If you get some halo's from a company like AAC it doesn't upgrade the headlight to HID's although I think you can order the Factory Halo's and have them installed by your dealer.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjrt View Post
The RS package doesn't really do anything for you except give you a set of wheels you can't rotate from front to back etc. You can get after market halo's that work just fine.
It's my understanding that the RS package does not affect tire size, just wheel color. RS package's is Midnight Silver.

If you care about such things, an RS package SS has a red SS on the front & back; the normal version's is silver/white.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
The factory halos aren't really "rings", they're more like "parentheses". You can get after market halos that are much closer to being actual "rings", and look better, in my opinion.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
It's my understanding that the RS package does not affect tire size, just wheel color. RS package's is Midnight Silver.

If you care about such things, an RS package SS has a red SS on the front & back; the normal version's is silver/white.
It affects the size on the V6 cars... the SS already has 20" rims so there is no difference in size for the SS.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
It affects the size on the V6 cars... the SS already has 20" rims so there is no difference in size for the SS.
That's what I thought. Guy said he was buying an SS so there's no difference in tire size.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
why not get rs package and sell the rims, that way you have colored roof moldings, halos and HiDs
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #14
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
For me I wanted the Halo lights and the midnight wheels so I had to have the RS Package. The other stuff was a bonus. I've looked at the tail lights of the RS and non RS sitting side by side, and I honestly don't see a huge difference. I think the roof ditch being painted to match is a nice touch too, although I don't think on the black or Cyber Grey you would really notice it if it wasn't painted to match. It comes down to how important is the stuff to you, and is it worth the extra money. To me it was very important.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote