Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #113
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
His logic was as follows:
----
Mustang is rated at 300bhp
Plants the rollers at 280rwhp

Obviously the 304hp camaro should be higher!

Failure point in the logic structure:
------
300bhp mustang is not actually 300bhp, as proven (a few times now) to be higher based on pulls. The camaro on the other hand is *certified* at 304hp.
Hugh difference when trying to use something that is variable as a known constant vs. a solid known constant...

Good threadjack though. Like I said, in the end... I'm just posting up what I find as I go through this chassis. The only place to go is up from my initial numbers

Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #114
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
had "someone" accepted reality there would have been no conversation about the mustang. i provided real facts in real world situations and real dyno numbers he failed to accept and pretended mustang owners manipulated numbers and 1/4 mile times. something had to be corrected.

he seems like a very educated man for him to say people are making up dyno numbers and mustangs run low 14's is a bit surprising. when they clearly dont. i dont see how people are perfectly content with believing false information.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #115
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
had "someone" accepted reality there would have been no conversation about the mustang.
Accepted what? Your 8% number was complete bogus, it's been shown over and over and over again. Your failure to understand the mathematical concepts behind how all this works is not my problem. If you construe my trying to explain to your how your math didn't work vs. the numbers posted as "pretending", then by all means roll with that concept. I did call into question some of their numbers... based on 300bhp being an certified rating (which it isn't) and the low 14 quarter (whcih it isn't either). Pretty easy to see how the metrics don't line up, thus my frustration... well, easy for me to see anyway LOL

I'm having the mods clean up the thread to get all the banteer - this needs to remain a thread about the numbers posted.

Cheers!

LOL @ninja edit.
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #116
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Yes, back on topic

So a V6 is able to make 220 tq on a Stang dyno. Hmmm...so under a boosted app, how much improvement could we see hhere with those numbers. I would be interested in seeing what TQ could be had out of this engine....

In the end, TQ is what win races..HP is what you lie to your friends about.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #117
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Yes, back on topic

So a V6 is able to make 220 tq on a Stang dyno. Hmmm...so under a boosted app, how much improvement could we see hhere with those numbers. I would be interested in seeing what TQ could be had out of this engine....

In the end, TQ is what win races..HP is what you lie to your friends about.
A man after my own heart!

The engine is being choked down pretty hard just looking at the graph. It may still be part of the break-in cycle.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #118
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
fdjizm, I think you're confused man. MadMaxx is not implying that Mustangs don't make good horsepower. He's stating they make MORE horsepower than what they are rated. He's merely saying that YOUR logic, that Mustangs make the power they do because they only lose 8% through parasitic losses, is BOGUS. Because it IS. You are arguing over nothing.

Mustangs came underrated from the factory.
4th Gen F-bodies came underrated from the factory.
5th gen Camaros did NOT come underrated from the factory.

WHAT THE HELL ELSE IS THERE TO ARGUE ABOUT? Nothing! Let's just drop it! Because either way, you get wade through all the B.S., you're BOTH arguing that Mustangs make more power than what they should. You, fdjizm, are just making your argument coming from a different (and wrong) direction. I'm not trying to be mean here man, but really you're getting way too pissed off about nothing. We are all agreeing these Mustangs came from the factory making more power than what they are rated. So let's drop it so we can get back to talking about the FIRST EVER V-6 being on a dyno and the planned modifications for it!

Back to the thread topic, can't wait to see what this engine can do MadMaxx!
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #119
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
All I know, is I will not know what to do going from my 1999 Jeep Wrangler with the beastly 120 HP to this MONSTER at 304.

As for all this talk about Rustangs, this is what I will be seeing:

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #120
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I drive a Scion xB. I WISH I had 120 hp. Maybe with a CAI, cat-back and a tune.

Nahhh...

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #121
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I drive a Scion xB. I WISH I had 120 hp. Maybe with a CAI, cat-back and a tune.

Nahhh...

John B.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #122
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
MadMaxx, fdjizm please stop bickering. Create a new thread to discuss drive line losses if you want to continue your discussion, but lets keep this thread clean alright?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #123
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Erm..were back on topic actually...116# Anywho, what is choking it down ? I thought that the new V6 breath pretty well...they do come with dual exhaust from the factory correct ? It could be a break in...but I guess it depends on just how bogged it is.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #124
Warpick

Drives: Rust bucket and a jalopy
Can we get a mod in here? Spill on aisle 4.
Warpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #125
Warpick

Drives: Rust bucket and a jalopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
A man after my own heart!

The engine is being choked down pretty hard just looking at the graph. It may still be part of the break-in cycle.
What data tells you it's bogged down? Just asking in case you see something I don't.
Warpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #126
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Erm..were back on topic actually...116# Anywho, what is choking it down ? I thought that the new V6 breath pretty well...they do come with dual exhaust from the factory correct ? It could be a break in...but I guess it depends on just how bogged it is.
I'm going off the rather rich AF mix as the choke point. The stock duel exhaust isn't all that bad from my initial inspection of it. Mandrel bent, 2.25" true duel w/ a X pipe near the front. Now... does this have 2 main cats then some resonators, or are there 4 actual cats?

The ausie guys tend to run 2.25" from what I'm reading... oh, and the stock muffler is fracking UGLY underneath weld wise :(

Other easy power mods -- gutting the stock airbox and good flowing filter. I'd like to put this el-chepo mod against a full CAI (which from the pics I've seen of mockups, aren't actually CAI rather high flow filters and heat shields). Would be kinda fun to pull the small plate off the wheel well and draw cold air from the bottom of the car... but the liquid/debris problem might be an issue hehe...