Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
seriously? I havent looked but I cant imagine the mylink is mandatory so if you dont want it dont get it, so thats invalid as far as GM killing the looks.

Personally, I dont see the locks moving from the middle to the door being a sever enough visual change to "kill the looks of the camaro" but if it is to you, Im sure you could get with an older camaro owner, one of the many who complained and do some swapping to mod it back to the center and them getting it on the door so that is basicly a non issue as well, dont imagine it would be that difficult a mod if you just wanted to move them to the center either.

The steering wheel I can grant you is a harder nut to crack, but I would say over all theres probably as many who like the new one, Im one of them, as dont.

As far as the wheels, Ive always gotten the cheapest ones available cause I buy new rims and sell the OEM anyways, depending on the OEM rims to uphold a look is risky at best, besides everyone and thier mother having the same ones which makes the looks moot in my opinion.

But I cant see the locks, wheels or steering wheel as destroying the look in the broader sense, a vast majority hating it, which is the arena you put this discussion in.

Now if you had said they were changing the grill to look like an Audi, like one pony I wont mention, or some other nonsense like that, I would say yes they are destroying the look slowly, but the three you mentioned dont hold water for me.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #30
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
I think that it is funny we have a door lock on both thye door and on the console in the 2012.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #31
vetteman

Drives: vette
clearly this is all personal taste ...nobody is right or wrong... - I'm just curious what people think....

Personally, I think the wheels for 2013 are less attractive - look like a change for the sake of change - close to the older ones but not as sharp - make the car look more like a rental car...now look at the ZL1 wheels - WOW those are sharp!

I liked the look of the old steering wheel but agree with the complaints that it was not round to hold onto...I would have liked a fix to the real issue people complained about....rather than a wheel from parts bin....

the locks - are neither her nor there...but I liked the fact they were in the center as that made it different....

and the NAV is a great system that needed to be added....

I also think the change to the dash AC/Silver etc is a big improvement to the all plastic that was originally there....

I just wish when they make changes they would do it with the same attention and design detail they use when they create the car and not just rely on the parts bin....

thanks for everyones input!
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Looks to me like they finally got it right... Killing the 4th gen was the best thing they could have done... Sure they should have done a couple things different like materials of dash and offered a black option in wheels, but it's a retro design with modern amenities! I've been in love wih this car since it was a concept! I think they hit the nail on the head!!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I agree with some of the OPs comments, which is why I plan to keep my early 2010!!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I agree with some of the OPs comments, which is why I plan to keep my early 2010!!
same here

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
Neto1978

Drives: 2011 camaro ss victory red
Thank god they are not offering chrome clad wheels yet...
Neto1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #36
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN

Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
personally i like the new steering wheel but it only looks good in the 45th haha

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
samhardy2008

Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
i like the smaller steering wheel...feels more comfortable for driving
Old 07-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #38
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhardy2008 View Post
i like the smaller steering wheel...feels more comfortable for driving
smaller steering wheels make it easier for fat bellies to get behind them LIKE MINE lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #39
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
It may be more comfortable, but I just can't get past how much it looks like a uterus...

(Sorry guys....)
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #40
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
The Camaro you have for 2013 is one more to par with the auto industry at this time. GM has basically worked each year to fix what's been bashed by the industry on the car. Remember The C6 has always used the 2005-2010 company wide 3 spoke steering wheel found on G6's, Cobalt's and etc. C6 has also always used the same nav set up as well with the rest of GM. I don't think they're killing the looks of the Camaro at all, only enhancing the overall product. Lastly I thought it was weird having the power door locks on radio/havoc and blended in when the 2010's were new.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #41
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Personally I'm SO glad I have a '12.

That old flat, ugly, boring dashboard was terrible. I'll gladly take my 'leather' trimmed dash even with it's bubble. That steering wheel was atrocious too. I prefer the parts bin piece. The wheels I don't care one way or another. I don't want 20's so it doesn't apply to me, lol.

And the central locking switch? There is no way that cost less than just putting it on the doors to start with. That was a sign of being cheap (not they still aren't).

I LOVE my Camaro, 'flaws' and all. I walked outside earlier with my glass of water in hand just to stare at it for a minute. It came with everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. Well, except for that spare tire that I forgot to get in the deal....

Edit: The nav makes no difference to me, either. Never had it before. That's why I have a smart phone Already paying for it, may as well use it.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #42
BlueChev

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
We drove a 2011 for a weekend and then bought a 2012. In our opinion:

Steering wheel - 2011 looks better, but 2012 feels better.
Door locks - 2012 has both locations....but never use center console button.
Navigation - On-Star has turn by turn directions.
Wheels - don't care for the '13 design.
HUD - wonderful addition
Rear view camera - this was truly a must have - if we'd gotten the '11 would have swapped one in.

Also preferred the full power passenger seat. Wife is a bit shorter and likes to raise the height of her seat.

5th Gen looks great. Period!