#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #113
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
I think you're probably correct in saying higher mileage on a performance car would drive the value down more but I also think the seller has a leg to stand on because of how limited the 1LE package is. I can't imagine many are on the used market yet much less local to you. Full disclaimer, mine is a daily until this fall and just hit 29k miles so maybe I'm a bit bias lol.
The good and bad thing about the 1LE is anyone that has one or wants one knows exactly what it is. I want to put a value on the high mileage so I know where to start in my negotiating. I'd like to be able to explain why X amount of miles means it should be Y amount of dollars under KBB/average.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #114
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
The good and bad thing about the 1LE is anyone that has one or wants one knows exactly what it is. I want to put a value on the high mileage so I know where to start in my negotiating. I'd like to be able to explain why X amount of miles means it should be Y amount of dollars under KBB/average.
Very true, good luck! looks like you're local? If so look forward to seeing you around.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #115
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Very true, good luck! looks like you're local? If so look forward to seeing you around.
I am, we PM'd a few months ago when I first started looking into getting a 1LE. I will keep you updated!
Old 05-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #116
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Any thoughts on high mileage 1LEs? I found one locally that seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but it's a 2017 with 35k+ miles on it. The owner has a good reason, but I'm wondering how much this impacts the price. My thoughts are high mileage on a high performance car should drive the value down more than it would on a normal SS or LT, etc.
Just for reference, NADA lists a 2017 1SS 1LE with 35,500 miles value
Average trade in: $28,050
Clean trade in: $29,225
Clean retail: $32,100

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2017...D-SS-V8/Values
Old 05-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #117
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Just for reference, NADA lists a 2017 1SS 1LE with 35,500 miles value
Average trade in: $28,050
Clean trade in: $29,225
Clean retail: $32,100

https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2017...D-SS-V8/Values
Awesome, thanks. Any other sites like this that I should be looking at?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #118
Boost Creep

Quote:
Awesome, thanks. Any other sites like this that I should be looking at?
Probably, but this is the one I use, gives you an idea of what might be a decent price.
When I was shopping used C7's before I got the Camaro, many were selling near "average trade in" values. They would start the listing near "clean retail" but the cars sold below "clean trade in". This was during the late fall and early winter.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:08 AM   #119
Boost Creep

Red Hot 540 miles asking $36k.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...talRetail=true

Black 4100 miles asking $36.5k
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM
Old 05-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #120
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
The question is, how much value does it lose?

At this point, I'd say it has likely double or triple what most '17s have.

Why would you have zero interest?
The value loss is a very good question, but a tough one to answer. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so I think we just need more examples of high mile cars to know....possibly?

I would have zero interest as its a very new car, tons of miles, and there should be more warranty life left in a car this new. The high mileage kills that, and I already think a low miles 1LE at around $33K is an AMAZING deal!

We are all different, I am in a place where I can and would prefer to spend a little more money for a lightly used car as opposed to saving money by buying a heavily used car. I very much favor buying babied used vehicles over new, so that is my mindset when I say I have no interest.

I do not think it is a bad buy for the right price. I think the vehicle is quite reliable, and cheap enough to fix if something goes wrong out of warranty. It is really just not MY cup of tea at this stage.

If I was going to buy a car to mod and track heavily, I would surely look in to it for the right price.

There is a person and a scenario for almost anything to make sense I think.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #121
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The value loss is a very good question, but a tough one to answer. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so I think we just need more examples of high mile cars to know....possibly?

I would have zero interest as its a very new car, tons of miles, and there should be more warranty life left in a car this new. The high mileage kills that, and I already think a low miles 1LE at around $33K is an AMAZING deal!

We are all different, I am in a place where I can and would prefer to spend a little more money for a lightly used car as opposed to saving money by buying a heavily used car. I very much favor buying babied used vehicles over new, so that is my mindset when I say I have no interest.

I do not think it is a bad buy for the right price. I think the vehicle is quite reliable, and cheap enough to fix if something goes wrong out of warranty. It is really just not MY cup of tea at this stage.

If I was going to buy a car to mod and track heavily, I would surely look in to it for the right price.

There is a person and a scenario for almost anything to make sense I think.
I guess it's rare enough to not really know or have much to compare to, but I stand by my theory that a high performance car is expected to have low miles. The seller has an extended warranty, but I'm not sure of the specifics. I don't worry much about the major things failing, more so all the little things that will start to go wrong.

For the right price, I don't think it bothers me but I'm not sure.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #122
fla17ls1lev6

Drives: 2017 camero v6 ls 1le
1 LE value as a used car ----just purchased a 17 v6 1 le

recently purchased a used, 2017 v6 1le as a certified one owner from the local chev dealer. The car is a lease return with 9900 miles, base ls with bose and upgraded tech package, red trim on the dash and knee pads, and 2 new tires, paid $23320.00 which in our area is dealer trade. i would call it new if it didnt see the speedo. seem to be more common here on the west coast of fla, dealer has a huge selection of h.p. cameros and vettes, just looked a new 2019 zr1 with a $141,000 window this morning.
fla17ls1lev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #123
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
For additional reference. I picked up my '18 1SS 1LE for $37,109 last week....new.

I looked in all of Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. Not only were 1LEs few and far between. None were under $42k. Needless to say I jumped on mine.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #124
camaroJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
For additional reference. I picked up my '18 1SS 1LE for $37,109 last week....new.

I looked in all of Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. Not only were 1LEs few and far between. None were under $42k. Needless to say I jumped on mine.
How did you get it so low?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #125
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
How did you get it so low?
I believe it was MSRP'd at $44,xxx (I've got the window sticker at home). Dealer had a big stack of rebates totaling I believe $7,300? GM Military discount/rebate was part of it as well.

Oh and Kentucky is tax free for active duty military.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #126
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
I believe it was MSRP'd at $44,xxx (I've got the window sticker at home). Dealer had a big stack of rebates totaling I believe $7,300? GM Military discount/rebate was part of it as well.

Oh and Kentucky is tax free for active duty military.

Care to share the dealership or a copy of your sales agreement? Either would be powerful tools for the rest of us shopping.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote