Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
nmartin1216

Drives: 14 white Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS
roush 3? or nah

So i work at a local Nissan and I am in my office and i see a mustang badged with the Roush emblems roll into the service drive....so i quickly walk out there to check it out....2 guys get out and i get to chatting them up and tell em i have a 2014 1LE and all these things about it compared to a roush....they wanted to see it so i took em out back to check it out and they go NUTS saying they have never seen any camaro look like that and etc etc...so here comes the point of the story...i drive em back up to their mustang and i see the hood is popped open so i walk over to it and its not anything what i expected....very small, an open CAI system, and what do you know, NO supercharger! Im looking every where for it and i cant seem to see it....so i ask the guy...."this is a roush 3 right?" he replies "yes of course, why....?" and me knowing a 3 comes with a s/c reply, "well where's the supercharger then?" he looks at me curiously and says "what is a supercharger?"
I start dying laughing and so do all the other employees around me and we all just walk away hysterically and dont even acknowledge his foolish question
Turns out its just a v6 completely decked out from front to back with roush 3 badges, emblems, even the same 5 slit black front grille.....only thing that was not roush was the hideous 17 inch bland spokes that the v6 stangs come with....ive never seen something badged so amazingly on such a simple machine.....nothing against mustang because i am still a fan of all the gens of stangs...but gosh man you made yourself look like the biggest dummy.

Thought you all would enjoy this
Cheers
nmartin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmartin1216 View Post
So i work at a local Nissan and I am in my office and i see a mustang badged with the Roush emblems roll into the service drive....so i quickly walk out there to check it out....2 guys get out and i get to chatting them up and tell em i have a 2014 1LE and all these things about it compared to a roush....they wanted to see it so i took em out back to check it out and they go NUTS saying they have never seen any camaro look like that and etc etc...so here comes the point of the story...i drive em back up to their mustang and i see the hood is popped open so i walk over to it and its not anything what i expected....very small, an open CAI system, and what do you know, NO supercharger! Im looking every where for it and i cant seem to see it....so i ask the guy...."this is a roush 3 right?" he replies "yes of course, why....?" and me knowing a 3 comes with a s/c reply, "well where's the supercharger then?" he looks at me curiously and says "what is a supercharger?"
I start dying laughing and so do all the other employees around me and we all just walk away hysterically and dont even acknowledge his foolish question
Turns out its just a v6 completely decked out from front to back with roush 3 badges, emblems, even the same 5 slit black front grille.....only thing that was not roush was the hideous 17 inch bland spokes that the v6 stangs come with....ive never seen something badged so amazingly on such a simple machine.....nothing against mustang because i am still a fan of all the gens of stangs...but gosh man you made yourself look like the biggest dummy.

Thought you all would enjoy this
Cheers

he had a Roush badged V6 Mustang...Ridiculous....Drives me crazy when people put emblems on their cars that dont belong.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
oustaz

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
he had a Roush badged V6 Mustang...Ridiculous....Drives me crazy when people put emblems on their cars that dont belong.
Its their car! If that makes them happy get over it
oustaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Upbadging is dumb. It's their car, but that doesn't make it not dumb.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by oustaz View Post
Its their car! If that makes them happy get over it
I cant get over it...makes me jittery
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #6
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Enjoyed...
Old 08-23-2014, 03:01 AM   #7
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
You didn't happen to snap a photo did you?

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:16 AM   #8
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #9
purv24

Drives: Black 2ss
Ive seen it happen over and over... cant stand it.

Only badging allowed to me is underbadging!!!

In high school a kid had an 88 5.0 that had both GT and Cobra emblems all over it.

And at a cheap car dealer ship I got my first car at... I was making a payment and there was a gold 2000 'gt'.

I asked to look at the "gt".. and the guy told me "IT NO GT ITS V6" pointed at the badges and said "ITS NOT GT ITS V6, I PUT"

However, I don't think id mind being on the good end of the deal of the guy that sold him a v6 mustang for the price of the roush stage 3.
purv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #10
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
They make a V6 roush now. It's called the Mustang RS or something. The wheels look pretty factory on the V6 Roush.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I always see a roush mustang with supercharger at local car shows and the thing is immaculate and he has a sign board showing all the features and it makes me laugh...it not a daily driver and I have more power being naturally aspirated than his supercharged 4.6 and you cannot fit a finger in the engine compartment between the engine and anything. Sure what looks nice to some people and they think is all that at the time is really weak when compared...... and I am sure why he would not want to park it next to my Camaro ........ 550 h.p. N/A versus:

The ROUSH 2010 427R™ Mustang will be the first in the lineup of new ROUSH® 2010 Mustangs to have a ROUSHcharger® installed which boosts the horsepower to 435 and offers 400 lb.-ft. of torque. This is the first time that ROUSH has been able to offer a supercharged vehicle at the launch of a new body style.

Now the new Roushes are of course 5.0's which are making more like 580 h.p. supercharged....stage three. But still, they are not that impressive next to a just basic modded Camaro...good cam headers and CAI and your into zl1 like figures....(Which always should have had more cam and more boost to make more like 650 h.p. stock even with the only 1900 cfm supercharger)

2014 ROUSH® Mustang
Deep Impact Blue
Stage 3™
$ 33,950.00 USD
ROUSH Package total includes ROUSH package and selected optional equipment only and does not include the base Ford Mustang chassis. Pricing also excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes (including gas guzzler where applicable), title, document and registration fees.
Stage 3™ Package Components: $17,000
ROUSH Powertrain Components:
— ROUSH 5.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 2.3L ROUSHcharger - Produces 575HP/505ft.lbs.

ROUSH Chassis Components:
— Performance Suspension System
— ROUSH 18" Chrome Wheels with Ultra High Performance Cooper RS3 Tires

ROUSH Body Components:
— High Flow Upper Grille with "3" Badge
— Aero Pockets with Driving Lamps
— Performance Front Chin Splitter
— High Flow Lower Grille
— ROUSH Square "R" Fender Badges
— Hood Scoop: Deep Impact Blue
— Rocker Splitters
— Rear Side Splitters
— Aero Rear Splitters
— Dual Chamber Exhaust Tips
— Rear Decklid Spoiler
— Jack Roush Signature Graphic on Decklid and Dash
— ROUSH "R - ROUSH" Faux Gas Cap Badge
— Stage 3 Decklid Badge
— ROUSH Stage 3 Graphic Package: Primary Color: Sin City Silver Accent Color: Sin City Silver
— ROUSHCHARGED Hood Graphic: Sin City Silver
— ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
— Stage 3 Serialized Engine Bay Plaque
— Engine Bay Plaque w/Chassis Builder

ROUSH Interior Components:
— Embroidered Floor Mats
— Custom Gauge Cluster
— Center Console Badge/Button
— Stage 3 Interior Medallion
— ROUSH Supplement Owner's Guide

Options
— ROUSH Bar-style Lower Grille
$ 225.00

Y

N

— ROUSH 20" Wheels with Ultra High Performance RS3 Tires Color: Chrome

$ 1,115.00

Y

N

— Engine Coil Covers Color: Red

$ 285.00

Y

N

— Ford Racing Aluminator Forged Engine Upgrade
$ 8,250.00

Y

N

— Hood Struts
$ 175.00

Y

N

— Rear Quarter Window Louvers Color: Deep Impact Blue

Body Components: — High Flow Upper Grille with "3" Badge
— Aero Pockets with Driving Lamps
— Performance Front Chin Splitter
— High Flow Lower Grille
— ROUSH Square "R" Fender Badges
— Hood Scoop: Deep Impact Blue
— Rocker Splitters
— Rear Side Splitters
— Aero Rear Splitters
— Dual Chamber Exhaust Tips
— Rear Decklid Spoiler
— Jack Roush Signature Graphic on Decklid and Dash
— ROUSH "R - ROUSH" Faux Gas Cap Badge
— Stage 3 Decklid Badge
— ROUSH Stage 3 Graphic Package: Primary Color: Sin City Silver Accent Color: Sin City Silver
— ROUSHCHARGED Hood Graphic: Sin City Silver
— ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
— Stage 3 Serialized Engine Bay Plaque
— Engine Bay Plaque w/Chassis Builder
ROUSH Interior Components:
— Embroidered Floor Mats
— Custom Gauge Cluster
— Center Console Badge/Button
— Stage 3 Interior Medallion
— ROUSH Supplement Owner's Guide

Options
— ROUSH Bar-style Lower Grille
$ 225.00

Y

N

— ROUSH 20" Wheels with Ultra High Performance RS3 Tires Color: Chrome

$ 1,115.00

Y

N

— Engine Coil Covers Color: Red

$ 285.00

Y

N

— Ford Racing Aluminator Forged Engine Upgrade
$ 8,250.00

Y

N

— Hood Struts
$ 175.00

Y

N

— Rear Quarter Window Louvers Color: Deep Impact Blue

$ 370.00

Y

N

— Rear Quarter Window Louvers Graphics Color: Not Selected

$ 70.00

Y

N

— Dual Chamber Performance Exhaust
$ 525.00

Y

N

— Vent Pod w/LED-lit Boost Gauge
$ 435.00

Y

N

— Performance Suede Wrapped Steering Wheel
$ 325.00

Y

N

— "X"-Brace and Rear Seat Delete Kit
$ 1,675.00

Y

N

— Painted "X" Brace & Rear Seat Delete Kit Color: Not Selected

$ 1,975.00

Y

N

— 6-Speed Shifter Ball Color: Black w/ White Accent

$ 95.00

Y
— Illuminated Door Sill Plates
$ 220.00

Y

N
— Billet Performance Pedals
$ 190.00

Y

N

— "ROUSH Embroidered" GT Charcoal Leather Seating
$ 1,195.00

Y

N

— Stage 3 Interior Package Color: Red

$ 2,150.00

Y

N

— Convertible Light Bar
$ 910.00

Y

N

— Trunk Mounted Tool Kit
$ 395.00

Y

N

— Locking Lug Nuts
$ 60.00

Y

N

— Sport Brake Package Color: Not Selected

$ 1,195.00

Performance Brake Package Color: Not Selected
$ 2,350.00

Y

N
— Competition Brake Package Color: Red

$ 3,500.00

Y

N

Base Package $ $17,000 Option Total $ 16,950.00 Transportation $ 900.00 ROUSH PACKAGE GRAND TOTAL $ 35,850.00

And that's just to upgrade most of the stuff!!!!!!!!! now you have a decent car and add this total to the total for a ford Mustang 5.0 gt with track pack!!!!!! Oh what a bargain!!!!!!! yes its so out there..... its why its rare..... and makes the gt 500 look like a real deal..... ughhhh and no one hardly ever orders one kind of like a supersnake........
Old 08-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
87GNX

Drives: Alot
I'd still take a Roush stage 3 over a h/c/i camaro ss. The ones that come with aluminator engines are capable 9 sec cars with a better blower and for alot less $$
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I'm all for up badging (it is their car after all) but it should be a requirement that you know the specifics of what you are up-badging to. "What's a supercharger?" geesh!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #14
nmartin1216

Drives: 14 white Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS
unfortunately i didnt even think to snap a photo after i saw that it was a v6....i guess i should of for the humor hahah...i mean i know its their car and you can badge it how you want, heck my 1LE didnt coming with a 1LE badge but i put it on but mine IS a 1LE lol thats acceptable....false badging is just wrong in my mind..gotta admit it was EXTREMELY pathetic hearing a mid 20 year old ask "what is a supercharger?"
nmartin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote