Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
'11 - early '12 Retrofit Top/Mechanism Part number?

Does anyone know what the part number is for the replacement entire top and mechanism to fix the 2011 and early 2012 Top/mechanism problems (AKA the '13 top/mechanism configuration)?

I'm thinking there is a specific part # that includes the frame, bows, top fabric, etc.

My dealer was showing me a breakout of specific parts for the frame, etc. That looks way too complicated to order each individual piece.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
intensifi

After much research it appears the only part number differences for the "new" (AKA fixed '13 and later) design tops are:

22903705 (Convertible Top Push rod - Left - 2nd design)
22903706 (Convertible Top Push rod - Right - 2nd design)

The overall part diagrams appear to list only these two items (the arms) as "2nd design" components.

The MSRP is something like $350 each. The online places have them for much less.

I believe a new "2nd design" black canvas/rear window is something like $650 MSRP.

I would greatly appreciate a C5 member working at a dealer to please verify these as the only "2nd design" components for the convertible top mechanism. (I used MY '13 as my reference and verified the part numbers listed are also listed for a MY '12).

If these parts turn out to be the complete list of changes, then I think we have the solution to the rubs marks, holes, etc. for at least the early '12s (I did not verify if these parts are listed to fit in the '11s). While it would be a bit of work to pull the top and install these pieces, if it works we can all install them and then move on to enjoying our cars.

Note: I know some of you also have water bag issues. For some reason my early MY '12 has the new bag. So I did not look into the "2nd design" water bag part number.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
As far as I know all the top parts on ours are original early 2011 stuff, and its out of warranty now. So this thread might come in handy for us some day. Would be nice if they have a complete retrofit kit available at some point for easy DIY ordering and installation.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
intensifi

Here is the 2012 and up diagram

http://www.gmwholesalepartsdirect.co...magecallout=25