Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
bad1968ss

Drives: Z06
Tuner Recommendation South Louisiana

I hope you guys don't mind a c6 owner asking for advice, I enjoy viewing post here. I have a stock 11 c6 ls3 auto that I installed a e-force with a 3.50 pulley, z06 pump and would like to know if anyone can recommend a reputable tuner in my area. I was hoping to run the canned tune till I either learn hp tuner or give up and find a tuner. After I installed the e-force I felt it was low on power and went to a dyno day/without wideband at a tuner I never heard of before and it was low .I know of a few places and would like some input from others on a list I have or anyone else I haven't heard of. I wasn't going to put headers on till later after I play with hp tuners but if I need to get a tune I will put them on now and get it over with. Dyno sheet, tune and data log> Sorry I can not upload tune and data log on forum.
Tune By Norm (Dyno Day)
Futral Motorsports
Ragin Racing
Engine Power Systems (EPS)
Darren Blanchard
Attached Images

bad1968ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
Chris1122

Drives: Zl1
Justin white tuned is very reputable in the ctsv world. He’s tuned my zl1 and did a great job. He’s in Slidell,la
Chris1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
Geoff skinner at eps is considered one of the best tuners around. I would take it to him. Tuned mine....he’s great.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #4
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Check out futural, I used them for a trans and differential build and good group of guys. Not sure if Justin is still there but he had a badass G8
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
bad1968ss

thanks guys I was leaning towards Geoff but was hoping the canned tune would be okay for awhile till I got the other stuff I wanted before a tune. Now it looks like I will have to install the LT, 60lb injectors and cam now then get it tuned.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Old Red Neck

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Justin at Asylum Motorsports in Baton Rouge is a very good tuner! I highly recommend him!
Old 07-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #7
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Go see Geoff at EPS. Very knowledgeable guy.
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #8
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Justin White tuned me as well.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #9
bad1968ss

I talked to Geoff today and want to say that I think he was right on track with what he told me about the e-force. As we all know heat soak is a issue with pd blowers and living in the deep south coast with the gulf in your back yard it's not a dry heat. He asked what year/model I needed tuned and what mods were done to the car. I told him about the dyno pull and he said I want to be honest with you and stopped me there to say what I had know for years wanting to put a blower on a c5z but didn't because of what another shop told me< (back to Geoff in a bit). 3-4 years ago I had talked to Randy at Ragin Racin to install either a a&a or ecs kit. Now from reading the forum about the c5 being a bottom breather and most having heat issues in high heat/humidity I asked Randy how others were doing running either kit. I was told if you can do without a/c, don't mind driving at night or putting it on a trailer go for but I recommend not too. The man could have sold me a kit but was also honest, then I decided if I were to do anything it would be a n/a build. Now back to where I am now, Geoff said I am sure I can get a bit more out of it since edelbrock has a very conservative canned tune. He also said that the tune is only part of the problem, heat soak with all the aluminum structure retaining heat is the major problem and living in the south just compounds that factor. Now I have read about heat soak before on the e-force so I knew what the man was saying but I though it was more in like back to back runs. I had been saying to myself and others a set of LT's, cam, stall and tune I would have more grunt and cash left over over a e-force kit. So in the end he said it was up to me if I wanted to push it he would do his best. The man was just being honest and not trying to make any money off me. So for now I will go ahead and make sure the tune was the correct one from edelbrock and call it was it is. I may pull it off and go n/a....thanks for the reply's

Last edited by bad1968ss; 07-06-2018 at 09:07 PM.