Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #2451
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Yes I have actually. But I’ve never stuck with it. Felt awkward. I know it can take stress off my pec. And could probably increase my bench. I really need to

I was 225 when I did 400 @ 17. And I tore my pec a few weeks after. Screwed myself. I had 6 more months I could have added to the record I often wonder what I could have set it at. Oh well

I never had surgery on my pec when i tore it at 17. But I guarantee I messed it up good. I couldn’t bench for months. It made a sound like a rag ripping and knuckles cracking at the same time. Lots of pain. I was doing a negative at the time. I tore my bicep doing heavy preacher curls two years ago. It was 6 months before I was confident lifting somewhat heavy with it. A year before I forgot about it. Even now it feels odd or aches at times. Was a full thickness distal bicep tendon rupture. Had to be re attached. Don’t do heavy preacher curls with a strait bar and explode off the bottom lol

My friend tore his pec a few years ago and it’s still not right. So I’m sure it sucks for you. Sorry to hear that. My bicep is 95% and from what I’ve read long term recovery is usually pretty good. From what I’ve seen with pecs it’s a bitch

Thanks for the advise. I really should change my form. I’ve got a Mark Bell slingshot that kind of keeps my elbows tucked. Maybe I should start using that more and change it up
Well you are welcome. And don't take it as me thinking I am the end all be all. Just trying to make you think about some things.

And seriously, after watching your video and see how you bench (flat back, elbows out, high on your chest), combined with you saying you have pec issues, you should change your form. Not to increase your bench, but to help alleviate your pec pain by benching with different muscles.

My "powerlifting" bench form is dialed in and I still don't know what happened. It wasn't a max lift but trust me when I tell you, you do not want to go through torn pec surgery.

I think it's a great idea for you to incorporate the slingshot. We bought one for Monique years ago for this very reason.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #2452
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I do quick reps the same way. I never lock out unless I’m competing, kind of pointless unless you’re training triceps that day. I’m about 228lbs and I did 51-52 reps of 225 last week.

https://youtu.be/TNNikrprKl8
Wouldn't you say that tricep strength is a big part of a big bench?

Where to most people fail the lift?

Just sayin.......

Same principle as doing board presses all the time. Louie talks about this....all the guys that show up at a meet and can't lock anything out generally followed by a statement like "I don't understand I can do xxxxx off of xxxx boards".

Not that they don't have there place but if you constantly train, let's call them, "half reps", that's what your body will be conditioned to do.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-05-2018, 12:05 PM   #2453
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Wouldn't you say that tricep strength is a big part of a big bench?

Where to most people fail the lift?

Just sayin.......

Same principle as doing board presses all the time. Louie talks about this....all the guys that show up at a meet and can't lock anything out generally followed by a statement like "I don't understand I can do xxxxx off of xxxx boards".

Not that they don't have there place but if you constantly train, let's call them, "half reps", that's what your body will be conditioned to do.
For some people yes, just not me. My triceps overpower my chest. The lockout has never been a problem for me so I don’t feel the need to constantly train that portion of the lift when I’ve never missed a lift on a lockout in a meet. Just like I don’t ever train my grip and I use straps for every deadlift workout. But I’ve never dropped a lift in a meet and can hold 700+ till the cows come home.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #2454
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Awesome man

Got to see if I can match that lol
Go for it man! Those are fun things to do and keeps the workouts fun.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #2455
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
For some people yes, just not me. My triceps overpower my chest. The lockout has never been a problem for me so I don’t feel the need to constantly train that portion of the lift when I’ve never missed a lift on a lockout in a meet. Just like I don’t ever train my grip and I use straps for every deadlift workout. But I’ve never dropped a lift in a meet and can hold 700+ till the cows come home.
As they should. I hear you and I am the exact same way. My close grip bench is (or should I say was) within 5-10lbs of my "regular" grip bench.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #2456
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
just found this thread and wanted to say hi Wow, you guys are monsters! I'd love to lift like y'all someday. Like most here, I'm also in my mid-40's, heavier than I should be, and not making it to the gym as much as I should be. <-- life

Anyway, nice to see the forum has fitness support as well!!
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:44 AM   #2457
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
just found this thread and wanted to say hi Wow, you guys are monsters! I'd love to lift like y'all someday. Like most here, I'm also in my mid-40's, heavier than I should be, and not making it to the gym as much as I should be. <-- life

Anyway, nice to see the forum has fitness support as well!!
Welcome! A lot of us have been at it a long time. Let us know if we can help you with anything to get you to your goals faster.

I got cleared to run this week. First time in 5 months that I have ran.

3 weeks from this coming Tuesday I’m hoping for the all clear.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #2458
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Haha, just found this. Didn't even know there was an off topic. Now I'm a 42 yr old geezer at 250lbs, 6'1. Used to be fairly cut with the help of steroids. I was huge believer in them, but like a dumbass, I never cycled off. Ended up having a stroke 4 yrs ago. Haven't been back to the gym since. I want to tho. Need to shed a good 20 lbs and lean up a bit. But, I'm afraid how my body will respond. But, not that it matters. I'll live through you guys.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #2459
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Had some hamstring tightness so can’t go super heavy on deadlifts, so repped out 500 for 15 reps. Previous best before was 11. Hoping for a 700+ deadlifts in the next few weeks.

https://youtu.be/XgTjEEqMp9w

Last edited by Nsxmatt; 07-17-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #2460
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Not everyone here is an old geezer. Anything under 60 is young and ready to rock imo. You guys are too hard on yourselves.

I’m not old I’m 33. Feel like I’m in the best shape of my life. And I still get carded a lot lol
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #2461
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Not everyone here is an old geezer. Anything under 60 is young and ready to rock imo. You guys are too hard on yourselves.

I’m not old I’m 33. Feel like I’m in the best shape of my life. And I still get carded a lot lol

True, but I got alot of hard miles man, so it feels like forever. haha. You are right tho, 40's in reality is nothing. I've chilled out tho since I had the stroke. Life is so much better when you can do nothing and just spend $ all the time.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #2462
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
True, but I got alot of hard miles man, so it feels like forever. haha. You are right tho, 40's in reality is nothing. I've chilled out tho since I had the stroke. Life is so much better when you can do nothing and just spend $ all the time.
Same. 31 years lifting and always heavy/low rep.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #2463
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
So you stayed on like 500 a week of test constantly for years or what?

was the stroke due to very high rbc count and htn? I know abusing test will increase rbc to dangerous levels. giving blood helps among other things.

38 is super young to have a stroke that sucks.

I had my test checked at 30 and it was 338. Because my sex drive tanked. From what I have gathered this is barely in the normal range...for a person that is 80 years old. Long story short cant get doctors to give me test replacement because of my size or something idk. Its bullshit. gave up on it and had no choice but to find it my own way. I was getting sucked dry by pointless test after test and dr appointments when I was 100% healthy otherwise.

I have friends that do it so I get test prop and take 60 3 times a week. I feel like maybe it helps a bit in gym but its nowhere near a cycle. I feel like my definition went up about 10%. Ive still maxed out more natural so far.
That amount should put me near the high end of normal but I need to get checked to be sure. My blood pressure is fine but other than that haven't been to the doctor. My insurance sucks.

I just worry about my rbc count etc because risk of stroke is one of the few sides of taking test responsibly
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #2464
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Well I got the all clear Friday

Nervous AF. Probably for the first month I'll take it easy on everything and will most likely take it easy on any push type movement until the end of the year.

Hoping for 405,315,405 by the end of the year. Might be an easy goal, might be a hard goal. I don't know...I've never been out of the gym this long.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody