Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Zach@HeintzRacing

Drives: 2001 Turbo 275 Drag Radial Camaro
HR Installs Pfadt Stage 3 Suspension Package + Coilovers

We just wrapped this one up yesterday. Figured you guys might like to see what all goes into installing this package.

First, we removed all of the exhaust system, heat shields, and drive shaft.

We then unbolted and removed the rear subframe assembly.

Rear Subframe bushings removed.

Next we unbolted and removed the differential. Here are the differential busings installed.

I got caught up working on another project and missed getting pictures of the upright lower spindle bushing install and getting a shot of everything installed on the table. (Slacker, I know)

Here are the pictures of the rear subframe reinstalled in the car with the toe rods, subframe bushings, lowers, and sway bars. The sway bar endlinks were on backorder from Pfadt, so the stock ones were currently reused. Notice the Pfadt coilovers in the picture. Very nice quality and great ride.

And after we set ride height, bled the brakes, here is the finished product.

Enjoy-

Zach
Zach@HeintzRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Wow. Thanks for the write up, and the car looks great! How does the car handle now? I'm sure your customer is pretty happy after the install!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Wow. Thanks for the write up, and the car looks great! How does the car handle now? I'm sure your customer is pretty happy after the install!

Thanks guys. The customer was very happy with the handling of the car after installation. Said it was night and day difference. Thanks for the great products you guys send out.

Zach
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhan626 View Post
Randome question.

Do you need to install a camber kit for the coils?
Unless your looking to add negative camber to keep a set of race tires happy, or you want to go for all out performance the camber plates might not be completely necessary. They sure do make alignments easy though!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Very Nice!

Car looks great and I'm sure it is a day/night difference.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Very Nice!

Car looks great and I'm sure it is a day/night difference.

Thank you. We appreciate it!

Zach
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
And to think I'm still debating doing mine on jack stands. Thats why they are still in the box! Might as well do a dual pump while at it.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Yes, but after this coming week we can compare against BMR. Well, other than I will not have the coilover set-up.

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Rockit_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
And to think I'm still debating doing mine on jack stands. Thats why they are still in the box! Might as well do a dual pump while at it.

It would definately be a good time to do the twin pumps when you take it all out. I could not imagine having to do this job on jackstands, while I am sure it could be done, it just does not seem like alot of fun

If you do decide to do it on the stands, give me a shout if you have any questions!

Zach
Old 06-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach@HeintzRacing View Post
It would definately be a good time to do the twin pumps when you take it all out. I could not imagine having to do this job on jackstands, while I am sure it could be done, it just does not seem like alot of fun

If you do decide to do it on the stands, give me a shout if you have any questions!

Zach
That's about right, doing it on stands just takes a fair bit of patience and time. It can certainly be accomplished, but the logistics are slightly worse. Let us know how it turns out either way!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
Zach@HeintzRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
That's about right, doing it on stands just takes a fair bit of patience and time. It can certainly be accomplished, but the logistics are slightly worse. Let us know how it turns out either way!
Be sure to do a write up for every one else if you do decide to do it on the stands. The DIY guys would be happy about that one im sure.

Zach