Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

View Poll Results: The wife says get a Vette, what should I do?
Keep the 1LE, it is awesome and makes the most sense. 45 18.00%
Live the dream, get the Stingray before time runs out. 163 65.20%
Sell the the house and all the cars and live in a trailer in Key West. 42 16.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #85
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you are ever in CT I'd be glad to let you rip around in the c7. Should be back from the blower/cam/meth/converter/gear install in two weeks.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 AM   #86
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Buy the c7, keep the Camaro.. You def don't need the z51 unless you want the black wheels if you are looking to drag race. Auto x would be a different story.
$500 option or Plasti-Dip? Easy choice. I want black for $2.95. Yes, I would like to keep the Camaro, but as I work from home (for now) I do not drive much and only have a 1 car garage. The 1LE is by far my favorite car I have ever owned. Everyone who has one should feel lucky. That is what makes this so hard. And if I do decide to order I will have to stop dragging it and I also will have to remove my LTs and CAI yet again.

What makes this decision harder is I want to buy a special house on the Mullica River. Buying the Vette would make this harder.

And I want to AutoX too. While there is no way I could use the Z51 at 9/10s without training, it would be fun to have that option. And it is a great deal. I keep looking at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you are ever in CT I'd be glad to let you rip around in the c7. Should be back from the blower/cam/meth/converter/gear install in two weeks.
Wow! Looking for 9s in your Vette too?? Wish I lived closer. You have a thread for that animal?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #87
Fraxum

I know what you are thinking, make a decision already. Flame me if you must. It is very clear what the poll says. Sorry.

This is an interesting thread about how we make the decisions to buy these cars. Still undecided. But if I do it I will order a 2015 as soon as they become available. There might be some interesting new choices. I am wishing for some warmer weather so I can take the 1LE out in the mean time. If I do it the wait will be pleasant in the 1LE.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #88
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I say keep the 1LE, you only had it for 6 months, its too short. If you can wait a year, you could get a good deal on a used/like new C7 and have best of both worlds.

Plp say life is short get the Vette, but its not like you are driving a Reliant K lol...I do not recall seeing anyone beeing 59 and driving a 1LE!!

Dont forget the 6th gen Camaro is coming soon too...might wanna hold on to that 1LE till then.

Id rather buy C6 Z06(thats me)..even if the C7 is a hell of a deal!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #89
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You should wait for the Z06 when it comes out.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #90
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I don't see the c7 with z51 as any more tempting than a ZL1,
and you choose the 1LE over the ZL1. I would wait for something
that makes all those folks who spent 70's for a vette want to jump
off the nearest roof.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #91
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
It's tough call but I have been going back and forth on C7 or Camaro my self. I am leaning towards Camaro. For me I don't think its worth the extra 12 grand for a 1LT or they extra 20 grand for 2LT (which is what I would really want) plus the extra sales tax then they extra excise tax (we pay local excise tax in mass not sure if you do in NJ) higher insurance. To me I think I can get 95 percent of the enjoyment out of a Camaro that I would get from a C7. Its a constant balance between living for today and saving for tomorrow. I have had a few chances to buy toys and regretted my decision but when i have the regret from spending it was worse then the regret from not spending.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #92
69Tom

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS/RS
I've always been of the mindset that, if it's THAT difficult of a decision, it probably isn't worth doing it (or I really don't want it as badly as I think).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new Vette, but that's just me. If they ever style one similar to 63-67, sign me up. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy my 1LE. I still think it's one of the best bargains out there for a vehicle.
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #93
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
You should wait for the Z06 when it comes out.
Out of my price range for sure. Later if I go with the Vette and get the Z51, I can add FI to get close to Z06 performance. Although I am sure the Z06 will be more than just that. But I would prefer a turbo or centrifugal. I don't know if either would fit in the cramped engine compartment.

I think a Cammed and bolton C7 will be a 10 second car. That would be fast enough for me. I wonder if that would require a cage?

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-29-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #94
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
I don't see the c7 with z51 as any more tempting than a ZL1,
and you choose the 1LE over the ZL1. I would wait for something
that makes all those folks who spent 70's for a vette want to jump
off the nearest roof.
I really like the ZL1, but it was just too heavy for me. Awesome all around car. My car will list for high 50s, and if I wait for a 2015 order I just might get a discount on a Z-51 order. Right now all Z-51s I see are MSRP or MSRP+ADM.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #95
CobraR

Drives: 2010 2SS
I would go sit in one. I tried both types of seats in the C7 and do not fit. The seat back is just to narrow for me to fit.
CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #96
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
It's tough call but I have been going back and forth on C7 or Camaro my self. I am leaning towards Camaro. For me I don't think its worth the extra 12 grand for a 1LT or they extra 20 grand for 2LT (which is what I would really want) plus the extra sales tax then they extra excise tax (we pay local excise tax in mass not sure if you do in NJ) higher insurance. To me I think I can get 95 percent of the enjoyment out of a Camaro that I would get from a C7. Its a constant balance between living for today and saving for tomorrow. I have had a few chances to buy toys and regretted my decision but when i have the regret from spending it was worse then the regret from not spending.
This! No regrets for me on the 1LE. If you don't mind paying the slight 1LE ride penalty to get a very trackable car, then you will like the 1LE. But Z06 performance is above the 1LE with a much more sophisticated suspension and diff, and auto rev matching and adjustable MRC shocks. Can't wait to try it. It might just be me, But I enjoy driving a very controlled car even at 5/10ths. The 1LE also is a very good handling car. It is old school suspension well matched to the tires and the chassis. But technology can raise that to a higher level. So the upside to the 1LE is that it is cheaper to own in the long run with less potential problems. Even forgetting the price savings there is a good feeling to that.

No extra tax here in NJ on the car. But we get completely screwed on real estate taxes. And NJ never even sends you any cigarettes.

I would want to keep both cars. But its not feasible. If I did my dream would be a 416 stroker with a built bottom end, big cam, heads, and 2 inch LTs for the 1LE. Say mid 550s RWHP NA. But building that would cover most of the price difference between the 1LE and the C7 LT1 Z-51.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #97
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraR View Post
I would go sit in one. I tried both types of seats in the C7 and do not fit. The seat back is just to narrow for me to fit.
I will have to try it. I am a little wide in the shoulders (46) but not abnormally so. I had a BMW with sport seats and my shoulders just fit.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #98
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
I've always been of the mindset that, if it's THAT difficult of a decision, it probably isn't worth doing it (or I really don't want it as badly as I think).

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new Vette, but that's just me. If they ever style one similar to 63-67, sign me up. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy my 1LE. I still think it's one of the best bargains out there for a vehicle.
Well for me its spending money I would rather use for something else like a dream house. But for various reasons that option most likely not pan out. So probably I will buy the Corvette. The other part of the indecision is the 1LE is so good. It is a big improvement over my '11 SS even though the suspension was worked. Now the 5th Gen can stand some improvement that I am sure is coming with the 6th gen. But that might not be enough to make me jump ship from the 1LE.