Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires

Are the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires bi-directional? Can I take the front right and put them on the left front to extend the tires. The track I run on causes the left side tires to wear more than the right. It would be good if I can just put the left on the right to try and keep the wear the same for track use.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I’ll look later if no one answers. My wife is driving it right now.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I do not see an arrow on them. It does say outside on them but I do not see an arrow.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
You’re fine to flip side to side. They’re not directional.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
I just tracking them in the DRY, and thus, not worried about which way the tread pattern / sipes run, I would think you could flip them on the rim. I'm going to try this on the fronts for my next track outing but will have another mounted set ready to go if I find issues.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
That’s a pretty hot topic in the tire community. I have family that owns several tire depots. Some say never change the direction a tire rotates. It’s will affect the steel belts as they seat into the tire. Others say no big deal. From what I understand manufactures can’t even agree. I personally don’t change rotation direction. Too each his own.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
That’s a pretty hot topic in the tire community. I have family that owns several tire depots. Some say never change the direction a tire rotates. It’s will affect the steel belts as they seat into the tire. Others say no big deal. From what I understand manufactures can’t even agree. I personally don’t change rotation direction. Too each his own.
As little as mine last on the track, I'm not worried about it. The Hoosiers like the R7 are okay per Hoosier to flip on the rim:

ROAD RACING TIRES: (Includes catalog numbers beginning with 43, 44, 45, 46)
In most cases, Hoosier tires used in Road Race applications should be mounted with the serial code toward the center of the vehicle. Once a tire has been run in the proper orientation it is acceptable to remount the tire in the opposite direction to even out the wear.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #8
vr46

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Older post above...Curious if anyone has flipped the F1's since this was posted. Would love to hear the results. Otherwise, will call Goodyear this week to learn if that's possible.
vr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #9
RUQWIKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr46 View Post
Older post above...Curious if anyone has flipped the F1's since this was posted. Would love to hear the results. Otherwise, will call Goodyear this week to learn if that's possible.
I have flipped my front G3's and G3R's on the rim almost every time. It usually gets me one more weekend out before I have corded the outer or inner section. The rears wear very evenly for me if I just rotate wheels / tires side-to-side (like I do the fronts, too).

I go through a lot of tires, and fronts at two to three times the rate of rears even with flipping them on the rim. However, these are used for only track tires (usualy driven to / from track events if dry) - and not for daily driving. I have Michelin MPSS & MP4S for that.

That said, a flipped tire in the wet is not what you want as the sipes will be backwards. I doubt you'd get a tire manufacturer of a true DOT street tire to say it's okay to flip a tire. We run on track at our own risk, so, do what you want based on your data / info, not just what one post says.

By the way, Goodyear's online CHAT & 800# sucks. They told me that they did not make G3's nor G3R's even months after they were already on cars being shipped by GM. When I tried calling them earlier this year (and chatting) about the new sizes coming out for both tires, I got as "good" of information out of them as I would have talking to my cat.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #10
vr46

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Okay...so flipping the tires sounds like it works without safety concerns (I only track the ZLE...25 mile drive to/from the track). Would never use in the wet. Only looking to get another track day or two out of the tires for obvious reasons. Thx!

And funny about Goodyear....Sad actually.
vr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #11
Junkyardspecial

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Yes its safe to do. Have had no issues.

Will buy your GoodYear Supercar 3R Take offs!
Junkyardspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:40 PM   #12
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr46 View Post
I flip left/right all the time to keep the tire wear even...so far it has been excellent. (My main venues are at Road Atlanta and VIR)

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote