Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 04:00 AM   #799
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
This dealer better do what is right and give you a brand new zl1 matched exactly to your original cars specs PERIOD! No cutting corners. The whole world is watching on this.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #800
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
From Jalopnik:

"Dear Dealership,

Don't be dumb. Give them a brand new ZL1 with all the options they request. Make your insurance pay for the loss. If you have any other damages sue your own ex-employee.

Sincerely,
Common Sense"

People rely almost solely on the Internet, buyer and seller, for automotive purchasing and sales.

I'm pretty sure this dealership will be out of business before long. It's impossible to do a search for 1st Chevy without being bombarded with this negative incident. It's over for this dealer, and soon, incident creep will latch on to GM itself. I'm curious to see what their move will be in this mess.

Also, I'm betting that a crafty Dodge or Ford dealer will take this incident and put Mr. Hooper in a GT500 or a fully optioned SRT8. Turning 1st Chevy's poison into a public relations win for their brand is smart business. It's sad that 1st Chevy couldn't see the consequence of humping the customer. You can bet other businesses will take notice and capitalize on the positive press 1st Chevy left on the table.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #801
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
I have been laying low upon advice of my attorney, but I wanted to give everyone an update.

The dealer's general manager called this morning and asked that I come over to discuss a settlement with him. He told me the dealership WOULD make good on replacing my ZL1.

In the meantime, let's not continue to try the dealership in the court of public opinion. Hopefully we can all post good comments about the dealership and remove the negative ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
What else do you really expected them to say
But if the ,,,,,hit the fan , i bet my horse that the story will be very similar to the one we have on hand

Just keep in mind , that Lawyers and car dealers , went to the same school
Some went on and finish it , and others dropped off
They learn on the first semester to tell you what you want the hear !
And now what is the OP doing ?
The OP should be in here just like the rest of us
Come out and say you are with us , please !
Old 01-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #802
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
And now what is the OP doing ?
The OP should be in here just like the rest of us
Come out and say you are with us , please !
Anything he says can and will be used against him in a court of law.

So far he's doing great: state the facts calmly, without the rhetoric. I am very impressed with how he's handled it.

Let us, the Internet, do the rest. Lesson to dealer: don't piss off the Internet.

By the way, IMO, keep people's personal information out of it. The bad reviews and comments are enough. Truth and the right thing will win out. Going beyond your 1st Ammendment rights (e.g. fake appointments, etc.) is not necessary. 'Nuff said.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #803
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Don't know if I ever publicly thanked you for the 100th Anniversary pin you sent AT NO COST to me
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #804
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Hopefully...
....I can help...

Becky

Way to go Becky! I hope you can be the voice of reason & help that dealership learn your great customer service ethic & get a positive result for the OP.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #805
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
If the owner doesn't want the deal, it goes to Arbitration. Be careful he could end up with less if the adjuster changes the offer. Folks if you have a special car get some classic insurance and have it insured for agreed valuation. It is then a different ballgame.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #806
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Ok, so a point I'm not clear on here, have you been paid out for the car by your insurance or not? If you have, take the money and let the insurance company deal with it. That's what they're there for.

Quote:
Be careful he could end up with less if the adjuster changes the offer. Folks if you have a special car get some classic insurance and have it insured for agreed valuation. It is then a different ballgame.
The car is worth what it's worth under regular insurance. I have a hard time believing a used ZL1 has appreciated, nor is it a new car. I suspect that is a point of dispute here.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #807
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Jon is doing a very good job keeping calm. As for us I think it's amazing this thread blew up and the story blew up that quick. Social networking and media is going to force the hands of the dealership eventually. As for the dealer making good on a promise? Sorry but I would never trust one on that. The attorney needs to eventually push forward on the dealership. Also the dealership can't replace the sentimental value that car probably had even with a used or new one.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #808
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I think they owe him more than equivalent value but that's debatable.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #809
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Also the dealership can't replace the sentimental value that car probably had even with a used or new one.
No, but a civil court can place a value on that sentiment. That's what the dealer needs to figure out quick. He can treat the car like toaster and value it as a commodity, or he can recognize that there is a lot more to "value" than what KBB or NADA or an insurance company says. Dealers who understand that are successful.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #810
Lucas718

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
Totally forgot I was a member here until I saw the story on Jalopnik. Really hope the dealer comes to his senses and provides a suitable replacement.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #811
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
Did you read the fine print when you handed over your car.

Most likely, they have a clause with not liable for property, theft and vehicle damage while under their care.

If so, you are basically screwed.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #812
polizzio

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Camaro
Saw the story on Yahoo. Came here and read the last 32 pages of this nightmare. One thing I can say for sure is the dealer owner and their management sure has handled this terribly. Just the negative PR can kill their business.

Its a real shame how First State Chevrolet - Georgetown, DE has handled this event from beginning to end. Social media will CRUSH them. And they're not smart enough to figure this out evidently.
Best wishes John Hooper.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1