Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #1527
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Club Sign

This is the kind of sign I was talking about for us to use at our meets. Maybe a couple of them set up around our cars.
Attached Images

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #1528
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Saturday's meet

Just reminding everyone that I will be out of town this weekend and won't make the meet. I vote yes to a website and anything else that will help our group grow!! I know Elvis will take great notes just like he always does. Catch y'all soon!!!

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Old 05-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #1529
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Well If we do decide to start up a .com today it would make sense to go ahead and start getting individual pics of all the cars. So clean'm up, and Nick, vacuum your trunk!
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #1530
6bangerBOOM

What a road! Corky had his F1 racer face on today. There wasn't a unanimous "yes" for the website. But if y'all want I can go ahead and register and get set up. Let's hear some yea's and nea's first though.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #1531
Elvis
Elvis is Camaro,s name

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99 Auto
Cool Website options , post meeting notes from today's meet

Scott, Go ahead and draft the proposed Website for our club....once drafted, we can get a majority vote to go forward or revise per suggestions from the membership.

We had seven members attend today, waited for one hour at Hastings lot...then left, went to car show at Fresh Brookshires in Tyler...left this and went on a Corky spirited road Cruise on a curves track route...pushes the edge of envelope for some of us not as experienced as Corky on curves tracks.

This group wants the future Club Website to point to Camaro5, Texas Sub- Forum for the main and primary communication instrument.

Also...our Club cards are running low....need to re-order club cards...need President and VP to address this issue.....

Ok, the Club t shirt issue......this group today likes the first shirt option with Tim,s logo except need to decide if the 67 Camaro should be gold color or something different ? Discussion for next forum and hope to see comments and suggestions for this issue on the forum. ....let's hear your comments on this possible change of color on the Logo 67 Color ......

Scott will get with Chris And draft a Website option for us to consider at next meeting.....also the potential new website .com should be on the new Club t shirt......

Outstanding issues; need decisions made ASAP
Website
T shirt design
Logo 1967 Camaro color decision
Future website .com on new Club T a Shirt

Later.....
Old 05-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #1532
gchappy

Drives: 2014 Red Rock Metalic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
What a road! Corky had his F1 racer face on today. There wasn't a unanimous "yes" for the website. But if y'all want I can go ahead and register and get set up. Let's hear some yea's and nea's first though.
I say yes! That was fun on the curves. Too bad others were in the way. lol
gchappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #1533
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Scott, Go ahead and draft the proposed Website for our club....once drafted, we can get a majority vote to go forward or revise per suggestions from the membership.

We had seven members attend today, waited for one hour at Hastings lot...then left, went to car show at Fresh Brookshires in Tyler...left this and went on a Corky spirited road Cruise on a curves track route...pushes the edge of envelope for some of us not as experienced as Corky on curves tracks.

This group wants the future Club Website to point to Camaro5, Texas Sub- Forum for the main and primary communication instrument.

Also...our Club cards are running low....need to re-order club cards...need President and VP to address this issue.....

Ok, the Club t shirt issue......this group today likes the first shirt option with Tim,s logo except need to decide if the 67 Camaro should be gold color or something different ? Discussion for next forum and hope to see comments and suggestions for this issue on the forum. ....let's hear your comments on this possible change of color on the Logo 67 Color ......

Scott will get with Chris And draft a Website option for us to consider at next meeting.....also the potential new website .com should be on the new Club t shirt......

Outstanding issues; need decisions made ASAP
Website
T shirt design
Logo 1967 Camaro color decision
Future website .com on new Club T a Shirt

Later.....
Issues that I am dealing with on Tim's design.

1. Still not sure of the actual size of the original image. When this is enlarged to put it on a shirt, it may be distorted and blurry if the design isn't the correct format. I do not have access to the original image, only a copied image that was posted on the forum.

2. The font. The logo itself is one single image, not separate parts combined. The top part of the font has a shadowing effect it to it, the bottom does not, which doesn't look right. I can't fix this because I can't select the bottom font by itself. In attempting to add the proposed website to the shirt and text to the front left chest I have been unable to figure out what font was used on the back of the shirt. Using a different font type on the front of the shirt and to add the website to the back with the logo will not look right.

3. Tim's logo already uses 3 colors. If we add another color then the cost of the shirts will increase. Most places have a max of 3 colors for their minimal pricing tier.

These issues will have to be addressed before I can get any type concrete pricing quotes on Tim's original design. So if anyone can get in touch with him and get this info or get him to correct it please do so. In the mean time I have still been working on other designs. One of them is almost finished. I have showed it to Nick and he seems to like it so far. I will post it at the end of this post. It's still in the works. The example I will post shows the design on the front of the shirt but it can easily go on the back as well. If we keep the logo on the front of the shirt it does afford the ability to place the club website on the back of the shirt in a very unique way. I am also trying to work on one based on Tim's design. Work will hopefully be slowing down for me and will allow for more time to get the designs finished. I want our shirts to look as best as possible. It will take a little time but it will be worth it in the end. I will post the finished products asap. Also, no one commented on the idea about a sign. I posted an example of one earlier. I think this is would be a plus for the club as well.

I know it's a little difficult to see the small details in this photo but they are there, such as the eyeball being a ZL1 headlight. Still playing with adding color in a few places but you can get the general idea of the design. It has motion and flow to it, not just a static image.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 03:58 AM   #1534
6bangerBOOM

Dang! That's pretty awesome! If we don't use that design for shirts I'm going to find a way to get that design on one of my solid white billet customs pieces. Would be cool to rep the club in my engine bay.

I should have a working example of the site ready for review before the next meeting. I'm going to try to get some work done this weekend, but I won't be able to really get started until my night shift week ends on Monday.

Last edited by 6bangerBOOM; 05-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #1535
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
[B]Some Lonestar Camaro people are going to the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. It will be june 6th Friday and it will start at 7pm I get off work at 5pm anyone wanna tag along

Also love the design on the shirt.
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #1536
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklongino View Post
[B]Some Lonestar Camaro people are going to the Texas Motorplex in Ennis. It will be june 6th Friday and it will start at 7pm I get off work at 5pm anyone wanna tag along

I'm working that night or I would.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #1537
gchappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklongino View Post

I will be in San Antonio for work the 6th
Old 05-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #1538
gchappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhoh5oh View Post
Issues that I am dealing with on Tim's design.

1. Still not sure of the actual size of the original image. When this is enlarged to put it on a shirt, it may be distorted and blurry if the design isn't the correct format. I do not have access to the original image, only a copied image that was posted on the forum.

2. The font. The logo itself is one single image, not separate parts combined. The top part of the font has a shadowing effect it to it, the bottom does not, which doesn't look right. I can't fix this because I can't select the bottom font by itself. In attempting to add the proposed website to the shirt and text to the front left chest I have been unable to figure out what font was used on the back of the shirt. Using a different font type on the front of the shirt and to add the website to the back with the logo will not look right.

3. Tim's logo already uses 3 colors. If we add another color then the cost of the shirts will increase. Most places have a max of 3 colors for their minimal pricing tier.

These issues will have to be addressed before I can get any type concrete pricing quotes on Tim's original design. So if anyone can get in touch with him and get this info or get him to correct it please do so. In the mean time I have still been working on other designs. One of them is almost finished. I have showed it to Nick and he seems to like it so far. I will post it at the end of this post. It's still in the works. The example I will post shows the design on the front of the shirt but it can easily go on the back as well. If we keep the logo on the front of the shirt it does afford the ability to place the club website on the back of the shirt in a very unique way. I am also trying to work on one based on Tim's design. Work will hopefully be slowing down for me and will allow for more time to get the designs finished. I want our shirts to look as best as possible. It will take a little time but it will be worth it in the end. I will post the finished products asap. Also, no one commented on the idea about a sign. I posted an example of one earlier. I think this is would be a plus for the club as well.

I know it's a little difficult to see the small details in this photo but they are there, such as the eyeball being a ZL1 headlight. Still playing with adding color in a few places but you can get the general idea of the design. It has motion and flow to it, not just a static image.
Like the shirt
Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 AM   #1539
Elvis
Elvis is Camaro,s name

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99 Auto
Cool

I like the signs and both shirts

Tim,s design is little more old school of which I prefer

What is cost of each item ?

I have sun shade for Elvis that I am thinking of having the club name put on it.

Later...
Old 05-31-2014, 04:00 PM   #1540
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
I like the signs and both shirts

Tim,s design is little more old school of which I prefer

What is cost of each item ?

I have sun shade for Elvis that I am thinking of having the club name put on it.

Later...
Until the issues that I mentioned earlier are addressed with Tim's design I cannot get an accurate price quote. As for the other design I have received a quote on the cost of one shirt to be made, which was around 35 dollars. This is not a local company. The pricing also drops based on the amount you buy. The larger the order, the lower cost per shirt. I would like for some of the members to be able to get together and go speak with local screen printing shops as a group. I think a local owner would give us a better deal, which is why I asked earlier for any suggestions on local screen printing shops. As far as the a-frame sign. I have found it for as low as 50 bucks. That's just the sign. We would have to get our logo and any other information printed in vinyl and applied to the sign.

I'm not opposed to their being two club shirts. One for people that like the "old school" design and one for those that like the other one. It's all about spreading the name of club and attracting new members, mass appeal. Final tweaks on the latest design will posted soon along with the possibility of another one. I'm going crazy with my ideas and just throwing them out there. We need more members communicating and sharing any ideas!!!!