Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 PM   #57
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Also, for all you BLUE car lovers, notice how they used RED text for the RED 5th gen car, and BLUE text for the 6th gen? could be something...
love that color they used in the text

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:23 AM   #58
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Reading all this, I can't help but feel sad for all the Oshawa workers being left behind. They poured their collective hearts and souls into this car and look what they get for their efforts. I spent my career in the construction trades all over North America and I can tell you without a doubt there is a difference in the workmanship of Canadian workers vs US. There is more of a "craftsmanship" mentality compared to US production oriented blow and go.

Not only does GM have a tough bar to reach with G6 design, the U.S. UAW better have their act together BIG TIME on the new Camaro. I, for one, would be very hesitant to buy beta version 1.0 coming out of an American plant.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #59
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
GM is blowing it with this car release. They should have put it at the NY auto show. Biggest car event of the year, and the best debut they could have wished for.
Plenty of big car shows out there, plus Indy. I see them doing the same unveiling they did for the Stingray. Live Webcast!

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #60
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Also, for all you BLUE car lovers, notice how they used RED text for the RED 5th gen car, and BLUE text for the 6th gen? could be something...
Is RED for representing Canada and the BLUE for the US?!!

Love to see Chevrolet doing a video that shows the last 5th Gen rolling off the assembly line. And giving "Thanks" to many auto workers that built our 5th Gens.

I am sure the unveiling will be BIG and surprising!!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #61
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Reading all this, I can't help but feel sad for all the Oshawa workers being left behind. They poured their collective hearts and souls into this car and look what they get for their efforts. I spent my career in the construction trades all over North America and I can tell you without a doubt there is a difference in the workmanship of Canadian workers vs US. There is more of a "craftsmanship" mentality compared to US production oriented blow and go.

Not only does GM have a tough bar to reach with G6 design, the U.S. UAW better have their act together BIG TIME on the new Camaro. I, for one, would be very hesitant to buy beta version 1.0 coming out of an American plant.
Don't forget about the Holden team that designed the car. The entire Australian GM operation is closing. The car was a best seller in part because it actually handled like a sports car. Credit that to the Aussies and possibly Germans (for Zeta).

The 5th gen has been the most entertaining car I have owned.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #62
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
that's it!? I feel like it should be so much more! But congrats GM!! I love my car SO much!!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #63
DavidCorsaro
Hamfist Racing

Drives: '15 Z/28
Anyone else notice the test mule in the video was not a manual?
DavidCorsaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #64
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Friday, March 13, 2015, 8 a.m. EST

Fifth-gen Camaro Approaches 500,000 U.S. Sales
Production milestone caps five years as America’s best-selling performance car

DETROIT
– Talk about a big family: Chevrolet expects to deliver the 500,000th fifth-generation Camaro in the United States this month.

The fifth-generation Camaro has been a runaway success for Chevrolet since it went on sale in August 2009. Camaro sales passed Mustang in 2010, to become America’s best-selling performance car – a title Camaro has retained for five consecutive years. In the process, the Camaro has helped bring new buyers to Chevrolet – with 63 percent of retail buyers new to GM.

“The fifth-generation Camaro has clearly resonated with both long-time Camaro fans, and first time performance-car buyers,” said Todd Christensen, Camaro marketing manager. “That sets the bar high for the next chapter of the car’s history.”

Remarkably, the Camaro continues to gain momentum, even as the fifth-generation Camaro nears the end of production this year. In 2014, Camaro total sales increased 7.1 percent for its second-best year of sales since its introduction. For the first two months of 2015, total sales are up 3.6 percent over 2014:

Attachment 700301

In its final year for the fifth generation, the 2015 Camaro lineup offers a broad range of models that balance style, performance and efficiency:
• The 323-horsepower V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway
• The Camaro SS coupe and convertible, with a 6.2L V-8 delivering up to 426 horsepower
• The road-racing-inspired Camaro 1LE performance package with unique gearing, suspension tuning and tires that make the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration
• The 580-horsepower supercharged Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible – the most powerful Camaro in history
• The track-capable Camaro Z/28 (coupe only), which was named Motor Trend’s 2014 Best Driver’s Car – the first American-brand car to receive the award.

Man that 2016 Camaro sounds good. Wow!!!!!.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #65
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
It feels good to be an 09 SS delivery baby. Sept '09!!! Car is paid off, I'm ready to see what 6th gen looks like...
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #66
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Things sometimes don't change for the better.

However common knowledge is:

200lbs lighter
LT1
MAG RIde Option

other engine avail: T4, LT4, T8

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #67
discit

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, 1992 GMC Pickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Love the Z/28!

I'm not sure about the built count!!
Mine was made in the first working week of January of 2010, on the 18th and I have number 83817.
How can it be that they've made 61,648 in 2009 and a week later they're at 83,817?
Perhaps the discrepancy is all those that didn't past QA? wow...20K ? ishhh...
What else is plausible?
I don't Know,they were pumping them out pretty fast back then. Mine was born on 2/7/10 and is #95173.