Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #169
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
Just got the car back, looks good, believe they did a good job. We will see. I was told that the problem with the rubber not holding in the tracks over the back windows was that they needed to crimp the rails to hold the rubber. GM tech supposely worked with them on that. Something everyone needs to look at and check as I found that when they took out the back of the back seat to put inthe top or the rubber in the tracks that there are clips or springs that hold seatback to back and they need to be replaced when seat is taken out as these springs or clips become loose. The top of my back seat was separated from the back top panel at least 1/2 inch and you could see the red frame from between the seat and back. Total they had my car almost 2 weeks. This wasn't cheap for GM for replacement and car rental. My hope is that it is corrected and does not come apart somewhere down the line or far from home, as this could cause alot of problems for the top and inside.
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #170
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Exactly. This is what I got back today after 3 weeks in the shop, of course it didn't leave the dealership. This is a brand new top, they just installed it. DS Quarter just like everyone else, and the cables routed wrong (cut the weatherstripping and ran outside in plain sight). Speechless.
What the hell is wrong with people today? I am not a GM tech but was able to find instructions and pictures on the proper way to install both that locking strip and the cables! Actually I fixed the cable before I found the info. It took 5 min. to figure it out! Is there anyone left in this country that does not have their head up their head up their ass. Now to be fair I rebuilt my 1st car at 12 but I have never had formal training just a little common sense oh yeah I forgot that has been outsourced to China!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #171
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
aww man, mine goes in monday for this newest top replacement... i swear if its not perfect, im driving this car str8 up GMs ass! im so fed up

on a side note, i saw a 370z vert on the highway this afternoon... looked like it could be a potential replacement when gm forks over the 43grand i spent on this car... just sayin
Old 08-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #172
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
thats what i wanted was the second design "kit", but was told they are no longer available, and this 3rd designed top is the only thing they are offering. im with all u guys on the frustration, and complete lack of respect from gm regarding all these tops and leaks, and issues. i was a chevy guy my whole life, and now i cant EVER see me buying another GM product... even if its fixed right, and they replace the water bag (which she never called me back yet), all this begging and back and forth crap is just too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know if the dealership did a great job at addressing your vehicle concerns.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
I've got to say- Starling Chevy in Saint Cloud Fl did an absolutely PHENOMENAL job again.

It actually looks better than new, and so far (although limited top down driving due to rain) no marks, no flood, no waves in the canvas and no exposed wires. If this doesn't fix the problem, its definitely not from a lack if trying by the dealership. Definitely looks good so far.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #173
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Anyone know what happened to the new top instructions that were posted on this thread? They have disappeared. Anyone have access to them???
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #174
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Anyone know what happened to the new top instructions that were posted on this thread? They have disappeared. Anyone have access to them???
does this help
Attached Images

spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #175
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Hang in there, seems like Drago just got his fixed with a total top replacement ! There is light at the end of the tunnel !
Old 08-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #176
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
does this help
Thanks for the picss. The cable exits through the weatherstriping, but not right at the anchor point.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #177
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Save that quote from him. It could come back to help some of you in the future. A bad top is a bad top. Telling someone it is normal could save GM the cost and labor of a replacement. That could be a lot of coin if enough people by the BS. However, the problem comes from us stating it isn't normal. They tried to give me the run around until I flat out said, buyback or lemon to them. They chose the lesser of 2 evils with a buyback.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #178
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecar View Post
Just got the car back, looks good, believe they did a good job. We will see. I was told that the problem with the rubber not holding in the tracks over the back windows was that they needed to crimp the rails to hold the rubber. GM tech supposely worked with them on that. Something everyone needs to look at and check as I found that when they took out the back of the back seat to put inthe top or the rubber in the tracks that there are clips or springs that hold seatback to back and they need to be replaced when seat is taken out as these springs or clips become loose. The top of my back seat was separated from the back top panel at least 1/2 inch and you could see the red frame from between the seat and back. Total they had my car almost 2 weeks. This wasn't cheap for GM for replacement and car rental. My hope is that it is corrected and does not come apart somewhere down the line or far from home, as this could cause alot of problems for the top and inside.
Thank you for the update on your vehicle repairs. Please notify us if you have any additional concerns.

Best,
Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #179
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
Well, put the top up today, both sides between the rear window and rear passenger windows had lots of wrinkles, looked very bad. Also in back on both sides, inside, the top material is loose. There also was some other spots (wrinkles) on the top. Not happy, called the dealer to see what's next. I think its time a gm eng got involved in this.........
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #180
pony

Quote:
Well, put the top up today, both sides between the rear window and rear passenger windows had lots of wrinkles, looked very bad. Also in back on both sides, inside, the top material is loose. There also was some other spots (wrinkles) on the top. Not happy, called the dealer to see what's next. I think its time a gm eng got involved in this.........
X2
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #181
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Unbelievable, but true. Welcome to the club.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #182
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
So far an engineer alongside a service tech on my car has been the norm starting with the water bag. So far so good. The new water bag fixed the leaks. An engineer is arriving tomorrow to work with my dealer on the top retrofit. As you can imagine I am very anxious.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag