Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #197
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
So I picked mine up friday. Top looks great! Very tight, no cables popping out, I'm very pleased. I haven't cycled it yet, and I was leaving for the weekend right after I picked it up, so I basically got home and put it in the garage... I'll get some pics on tuesday when I get home.

All I can say is demand a gm engineer to install your new top. I did, and couldn't be happier with the appearance!

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 08-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #198
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
So I picked mine up friday. Top looks great! Very tight, no cables popping out, I'm very pleased. I haven't cycled it yet, and I was leaving for the weekend right after I picked it up, so I basically got home and put it in the garage... I'll get some pics on tuesday when I get home.

All I can say is demand a gm engineer to install your new top. I did, and couldn't be happier with the appearance!

Hey, GM got ONE right !!!!

LOL..... your's HAS GOT TO BE DONE INCORRECTLY since I am told this is the only way to route the cables right from the dealership service manager !!! Unbelievable huh? I'm told it's normal, and that's how "they are doing them". Geez. No wonder I had to lawyer up. Also, I've demanded GM engineers install the top from the beginning, and a new mechanism. Denied. Top #4..... it's no wonder I lawyer-ed up. Too expensive of a car to let them destroy it slowly every service visit.

If I were you I'd demand that they slice up your weatherstripping with a razor blade and do this thing right. (Kidding....)

Last edited by cactuseater; 09-28-2012 at 03:25 AM.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #199
themoneypit

I will get some pics up. But hey for all I know, once I do cycle the top the cables might pop out as well... I sure hope not thou! There are no more waves above the doors, and u could bounce a quarter off the top its so tight. I just hope I don't have any more problems with it! I get home tuesday, and will upload some pics then and cycle the top also.

If your dealer wont bring in an engineer, then its time to find a new dealer that will...

Old 08-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #200
basecar

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red RS
how does the inside look, esp in the back seat area and around the rear window?
basecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #201
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
This is amazing! Routing the cable is a simple process and the service manager sounds like an arrogant half wit must be a real pleasure dealing with that moron!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #202
themoneypit

Base car, from looking at the inside quick on the way home, all looked good. Nothing jumped out at me as not fitting properly. I'll get a bunch of photos and do some investigating tomorrow when I get home. Esp around the rear window. Atleast then, all u guys getting sub-par installs thru top shops could print some photos to bring with u to the dealer and say "this is supposed to look like this" etc.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #203
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
I will get some pics up. But hey for all I know, once I do cycle the top the cables might pop out as well... I sure hope not thou! There are no more waves above the doors, and u could bounce a quarter off the top its so tight. I just hope I don't have any more problems with it! I get home tuesday, and will upload some pics then and cycle the top also.

If your dealer wont bring in an engineer, then its time to find a new dealer that will...

Tried that factory tech route, outright refused by GM to have anyone come in to do it right. I am told, in writing, from Art Spong among others, that the dealer is solely responsible for training it's tech, etc. There will be no GM trained factory techs sent to work on my car, period. Basically told to go pound sand. I tried to get GM to get me a new dealer, not one will touch this car because it has been continuously damaged on every service visit by the current dealer.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #204
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
This is amazing! Routing the cable is a simple process and the service manager sounds like an arrogant half wit must be a real pleasure dealing with that moron!
Yeah, it's an uphill battle.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #205
themoneypit

pics as promised

heres pics of my new top from a bunch of different angles. i cycled it today, and no cables popped out (phew).

Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #206
themoneypit

Old 08-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #207
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
OK. Looks good, but how about rolling down back window, and GENTLY lifting the top fabric and taking a pic where the cables are "not showing". (If that makes sense). Is there any exposure of the cables? And where do they exit the molding? Thanks for the pics.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #208
pacecarguy

Drives: 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car
themoneypit, your top does look great !

Mine on the other hand.... still waiting for the next step. I refuse to take it back to the original dealer that screwed up the top the first time and have them put another 50+ miles on the car and "try" to understand how to fix it again. Customer sat ladies in the Phillipines I guess told me that I should take it to another local dealer they found with a different trim shop, so I took it over for them to look at and they said they would get back to me. Today got a call "sorry, the DSM won't allow us to work on it since they paid Spitzer Chevrolet to repair it and I need to take it back to them". Have been refused direct contact to the DSM, onsite/engineer repair, new top/frame, etc. Sitting at Wit's end here.... External guide wires, wrinkled headliner, etc.

By any chance did you obtain the 25+ page instruction manual you can share?
pacecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #209
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacecarguy View Post
themoneypit, your top does look great !

Mine on the other hand.... still waiting for the next step. I refuse to take it back to the original dealer that screwed up the top the first time and have them put another 50+ miles on the car and "try" to understand how to fix it again. Customer sat ladies in the Phillipines I guess told me that I should take it to another local dealer they found with a different trim shop, so I took it over for them to look at and they said they would get back to me. Today got a call "sorry, the DSM won't allow us to work on it since they paid Spitzer Chevrolet to repair it and I need to take it back to them". Have been refused direct contact to the DSM, onsite/engineer repair, new top/frame, etc. Sitting at Wit's end here.... External guide wires, wrinkled headliner, etc.

By any chance did you obtain the 25+ page instruction manual you can share?
Have you tried calling the GM Executive office to escalate your case? Seems crazy you can't get an engineer to do it correctly now that it has been screwed up by the dealer.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #210
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Well, GM customer service and my dealer told me today that everything was normal. That sucks. I guess I will print off some bulletins I found on Facebook along with the new kit part # and go shove it in their face....no more mister nice guy.
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag