Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKINS PERFORMANCE View Post
To see what trully is the best kit on the market if possiable to compare them all
True. But, you'd have to get 3 Camaro's stock, put kit's on them and dyno for results. You'd also have to figure out what's fair between the roots style, vs the centri, vs the turbo's. I could put an F1-R on my vehicle and easily to 1000hp's and say ProCharger is the best (which I believe anyway). So, not really as easy as it sounds, but would be nice to see.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Im with huffer on this I would have to see some time slips. Alot of the dyno sheets you see on here are BS. Im sure huffer is thinking the same thing im thinking speaking of BS dyno sheets.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Im gonna have to agree with a few if the boys when it comes to slips. There are to many cars that claim to make over 700 rwhp. So where are all the 9 second slips. looks like a lot of friendly dynos made to keep the customers happy. I mean, come on, if you can spend 20k for your blower you can't spend a few more bucks for tires and wheels? Really?! Dynos are like a pissing contest. I can drop 60k off at Jannettys and make a 1200 rwhp car but that doesn't take much thinking. Planning, a little, but with enough money you can do whatever you want. It's much more impressive, IMHO, to get the setup dialed in on a 650 or so rwhp car and get it down the track the fastest.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Im gonna have to agree with a few if the boys when it comes to slips. There are to many cars that claim to make over 700 rwhp. So where are all the 9 second slips. looks like a lot of friendly dynos made to keep the customers happy. I mean, come on, if you can spend 20k for your blower you can't spend a few more bucks for tires and wheels? Really?! Dynos are like a pissing contest. I can drop 60k off at Jannettys and make a 1200 rwhp car but that doesn't take much thinking. Planning, a little, but with enough money you can do whatever you want. It's much more impressive, IMHO, to get the setup dialed in on a 650 or so rwhp car and get it down the track the fastest.
You couldnt have said it better. I agree that there are too many looking to flaunt a dyno sheet but if you dont have it hooked up and dialed in it is worthless and then there is the driver part of the equation. My car has taken almost a year to finish it but I took alot of time thinking through the process of each compnent for what I "think" will benefit most. Now it all comes down to ALOT of test and tune to get it dialed in. There are alot of people with a 600hp that can smoke a 1000hp car because they can drive and take the time and effort to get the setup the correct and that earns major props. I am hoping by end of summer to have my setup dialed in and get the most out of it but it is going to take alot of effort and headache to get there but this is what all the fun is about.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
Account Suspended

Drives: black camaro
Quote:
I can drop 60k off at Jannettys and make a 1200 rwhp car but that doesn't take much thinking.
it appears i've been derogated
stop picking on me because i'm gonna be the first jannetty camaro in the nines
632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Im with huffer on this I would have to see some time slips. Alot of the dyno sheets you see on here are BS. Im sure huffer is thinking the same thing im thinking speaking of BS dyno sheets.
Personally, I don't care who's dyno sheets are BS I can assure you mine aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
You couldnt have said it better. I agree that there are too many looking to flaunt a dyno sheet but if you dont have it hooked up and dialed in it is worthless and then there is the driver part of the equation. My car has taken almost a year to finish it but I took alot of time thinking through the process of each compnent for what I "think" will benefit most. Now it all comes down to ALOT of test and tune to get it dialed in. There are alot of people with a 600hp that can smoke a 1000hp car because they can drive and take the time and effort to get the setup the correct and that earns major props. I am hoping by end of summer to have my setup dialed in and get the most out of it but it is going to take alot of effort and headache to get there but this is what all the fun is about.
My point exactly. Timeslips are just another way of measuring the vehicles performance if you have the right driver behind the wheel, if not than can't prove or disprove anything. Agree also, that it takes time to get things right especially if you want to improve performance over time.
I also started my build a year ago, and it's been thought out quite methodical with the performance team I work with and trust. So, although my vehicle is fast I'm already investigating areas of improvement. I'm more concerned about driveability and handling of the power, than I am with track slips and dyno sheets for measuring the performance results, but part of my build is based on the fact I want to go to the track as well and enjoy the thrill while respecting the power at my control. I'm in the process of looking for race gear (helmet, harness, et al), so hopefully I'll be able to try my hand at a little drag strip racing, so I can post up some amateur slips so people can tell me how BS my dyno sheets are.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
670 rwhp, 6.5lbs of boost, and probably the most unfriendly cam for a blower ever . We are ECSTATIC about the numbers.. I'll post the dyno' and all that other jazz.

LOL, We even compared it to the previous runs before the super charger, I can say this was the best investment ever.... if anyone is contemplating getting blown.. albeit turbo or supercharger or whatever you're doing..

ITS WORTH IT!
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;3298245] I can drop 60k off at Jannettys and make a 1200 rwhp car but that doesn't take much thinking. QUOTE]
and by the way, it was more like $90,000.00
Old 06-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
670 rwhp, 6.5lbs of boost, and probably the most unfriendly cam for a blower ever . We are ECSTATIC about the numbers.. I'll post the dyno' and all that other jazz.

LOL, We even compared it to the previous runs before the super charger, I can say this was the best investment ever.... if anyone is contemplating getting blown.. albeit turbo or supercharger or whatever you're doing..

ITS WORTH IT!
Dude. These SC's are the bomb, I don't care what anyone says about all the TQ at 2.5k/rpm, I've got all the TQ I can handle, and lot's of HP's up high. ProCharger rocks.
You going to do some track days this year or what? I'm getting prepared, albeit taking longer than I hoped.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=632;3299817]
Quote:
I can drop 60k off at Jannettys and make a 1200 rwhp car but that doesn't take much thinking. QUOTE]
and by the way, it was more like $90,000.00
Couch change for a man such as yourself!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
A Procharger P1SC or D1SC would be my first choice.
I have always loved Procharger though they are the most
dependable and reliable superchagers I have ever seen!
Blueovalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
I've installed well over two dozen blowers on all kinds of cars. Even my own. Been to tuning/dyno runs at shops from here to Atlanta to Michigan. Dyno sheets are easy, easily manipulated, and meaningless. Getting the timeslip requires talent, knowledge, and the ability to actually be able to properly use/put the HP to the ground.

It's harder than it looks.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #27
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Procharger or Vortech? After reading all this, I now know
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #28
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;3301002]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 632 View Post

Couch change for a man such as yourself!
hey! why didnt you use my bogarts, they got aids or something?