Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #99
familyofcamaros89

Drives: 1987 iroc-z camaro
wow thats pretty cool! not that it might have gotton stolen but the theft sign!! i kinda have something like that on my car people dont realize how to turn on the fan so the car overheats haha advanages/disadvantages of haveing a old camaro lol
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #100
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_21 View Post
also true...
The good news is that your car is safe and sound...that's a great feature our car has...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #101
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave916 View Post
Some of the kids i knew when i was growing up that would break into homes or steal cars. Most of the time they would go to granite bay knowing the people their have nicer things and they almost allways left their side garage doors unlocked. They would steal the car right out of the garage while they slept. Most of the time the keys are left in the car cause they feel its a nice area and its in the garage. I would trust my car less in a worse area than in a better one though. But i allways lock everything im kinda paranoid like that. All locks really do is keep honest people honest a lock will not stop a good thief no matter where you are.
Very well said...thats the essential point I was trying to make before this thread gets out of hand...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #102
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
My DIC usually gets me into trouble. I can't trust what it's telling me.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #103
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Actually, I'm cool with the thread...but this thread can easily take a turn for the worst...its not about "liking" anything...what are you 14??..you sound like my teenage daughter...its about being proactive and recognizing the potential for someone to be offended...we are easily getting into social class economics...that never really goes well...
I haven't been 14 for a long time. I haven't seen anything offensive in this thread. Not to me anyway. Only reference to different types of neighborhoods. Crime can happen anywhere. I'm sure some could be offended but I haven't seen it here. Ghetto shouldn't be considered a derogetory title if that is your point. It is what it is. Snob Hill or ghetto, are they both offensive terms?

I always take advantage of whatever security is available to me regardless of surroundings. Some areas I am more vigilent than others. I lock up at home or in the ghetto. I drive through Gary,IN every day. It doesn't get much more ghetto than that.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #104
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Facts ARE difficult things to understand (Bureau of Crime Statistics). When facts are presented that solidify certain "trending behavior" today is true...you're NOT supposed to discuss it. Now, shut your mouth, stick your head in the sand and pretend this degenerate behavior does not exist and it most certainly is not more prevelant in certain areas. We'll get through this. OP, I'm glad your car is ok and that is a cool feature.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #105
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
I haven't been 14 for a long time. I haven't seen anything offensive in this thread. Not to me anyway. Only reference to different types of neighborhoods. Crime can happen anywhere. I'm sure some could be offended but I haven't seen it here. Ghetto shouldn't be considered a derogetory title if that is your point. It is what it is. Snob Hill or ghetto, are they both offensive terms?

I always take advantage of whatever security is available to me regardless of surroundings. Some areas I am more vigilent than others. I lock up at home or in the ghetto. I drive through Gary,IN every day. It doesn't get much more ghetto than that.
First let me aplogize for the comment I made...I will go back and edit, and take that out. I made the thread offensive with that...again I apologize...I have seen when people start talking about ghettos and what only happens here and what only happens there, things can get out of hand...I think valid points were made on both sides...but people before me were asking to lock the thread...I was agreeing because it could be a slippery slope...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #106
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
There was pretty ignorant shit said in this thread...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #107
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
My point is Crime doesn't have an Address
May not have an address but sure as hell has HIGHER %'s on some neighborHOODs...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #108
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
No problem, doesn't matter what the topic these days, someone will take offense to it. I didn't notice others saying anything but maybe I missed it.

Maybe some would take offense because most ghetto neighborhods are predominately black. It's been my experience from extensive travel that ghettos are not always black. Many whites live in poor areas where poverty is prevelent as well.

I still believe in free speech, people shouldn't be so sensitive but it's the times we live in.
It was a factor in this thread from post #1.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #109
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
No problem, doesn't matter what the topic these days, someone will take offense to it. I didn't notice others saying anything but maybe I missed it.

Maybe some would take offense because most ghetto neighborhods are predominately black. It's been my experience from extensive travel that ghettos are not always black. Many whites live in poor areas where poverty is prevelent as well.

I still believe in free speech, people shouldn't be so sensitive but it's the times we live in.
It was a factor in this thread from post #1.
Free speech should be reserved for educated and informed thoughts, not stereo types. Saying that people who are in low income areas can only buy nice things with drug money is asinine. Ive been to affluent neighborhoods and seen more of the most ignorant and disgusting behavior than in some inner cities... Sensitivity is not the basis for the recognition of ignorance and stupidity being voiced in a public forum, but more so willingness to stand above simple minded comments posted by people who have never lived in these areas who think they are better while I have rich friends whos' equally ignorant asses wouldn't be caught dead in a middle class neighborhood or a camaro for that matter!

The assumption that most ghettos are predominantly black is absurd because there are more poor white people than there are poor minorities simply based on population statistics. Again FREE SPEECH isnt free, its paid for by the blood of patriots from all colors and financial backgrounds therefor I do not believe it should be wasted upon those who have never ventured outside there own race or income boundaries (visiting your weed or meth dealer in a high crime area does not count)... IMO of course.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #110
Berean

Drives: Truck
The tallest woman in the world, Yao Defen, is 7'8". She is taller than 99.99% of men.

That however has no bearing on the fact that women, on average, are shorter than men.

Indeed, there are a lot of ignorant posts in this thread, made by people who claim women and men are equally tall and who do not tolerate any "opinions" to the contrary.

Closed Thread