Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
AdamChoudhry

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Do I need a tune?

Hello fellow mod addicts,
I have come to a crossroads with modding my Car. I have an Injen CAI, MRT 2.0, catch can, 3/8 IM spacer, 20 inch black and chrome American racing rims and Yokahama tires. I don't want to put long tube headers on because of the hassle of relocating the catsand possible sensors getting triggered. My birthday is coming up and I need something for my car and was thinking a tune might be the next step. With my mods would a tune be worth getting? Also is there anything I could do for performance besides FI, Headers, or cams? Thanks for the help!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Auto or manual?...if auto the tune will be a nice mod because of shift points and etc...as for when I tuned my manual after I put headers on I couldn't tell a difference...

A good mod for the price is the ported throttle body, not a lot of hp gains but throttle response is noticeable and it's relatively cheap

I would also look into some suspension stuff too
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I agree, Ported throttle body and suspension upgrade based on your post. When I got to the point where you are I stopped and save for the supercharger since I knew some of the mods would be replaced by the kit. Think about where you want to be with your car.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Ported intake manifold gives yields some gains in HP/TQ.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
AdamChoudhry

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Auto or manual?...if auto the tune will be a nice mod because of shift points and etc...as for when I tuned my manual after I put headers on I couldn't tell a difference...

A good mod for the price is the ported throttle body, not a lot of hp gains but throttle response is noticeable and it's relatively cheap

I would also look into some suspension stuff too
Auto
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
The tune is highly recommended and you will feel a big difference. If you have the tune you don't have to worry about the CEL if you later go with long tubes. Long tubes will also come with high flow cats which will bolt right into your existing cat-back without any "relocating".

If you plan on FI (Turbo) in the near future, skip the long tube mod as most systems (except STS) will not run off long tubes.

Ported TB is also a great addition. Suspension can't be too far away as you want to be able to plant the new power to the pavement. It don't matter how much HP your dyno sheet shows if you can't plant it!!!

Good luck!!
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Depends on what you want out of the car. If u just want it to be more fun, then you can tune if you want but no you dont need it

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote