Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-19-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Alky Control Methanol Install

Hello,

I am in the middle of the Alky control methanol install where i use the factory windshield washer tank. I was looking into the washer relocation kits, but the problem i see is they all want you to mount the washer pump where the washer tank was. The problem is i am not removing my tank so they will not work. Does anyone sell a kit without any cutting and drilling that will allow me to keep my washer fluid with another tank and still have the factory tank installed?
Old 08-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
You could always install a trunk tank for the methanol, like the one sold by AIS. I believe Alky Control sells a version also, but the AIS one is form fitted to our trunks.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #3
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
http://www.rdpstore.com/p-5613-2010-...-10165016.aspx

Google image this.. Roto Fab W/W RESERVOIR II KIT 10165016
and it will show you where its located. Hope this helps.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #4
oachalon

Thanks for the messages but I do not want to use the trunk tank for the meth. I want to use the washer fluid tank. Trying to keep the trunk empty.

On the relocation kit that has the same problem I mentioned above. They mount the pump where the factory tank would have been. The problem is I am still keeping that tank.

I have already looked at the rotofab one. The phastek one and whatever I could find out there.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Ok, sounds like the solution is to do a custom setup. You can mount the methanol pump anywhere, it doesn't have to be mounted where somebody else has mounted it previously.

Case in point: I own a Whipple supercharger. It came with an intercooler pump that they wanted me to mount on the lower right side of the front subframe, at a pinch weld. I couldn't put it there, as I have other systems in place. So I mounted it to the subframe cross-brace below the harmonic balancer.

Your imagination is your only real limitation. There is a lot of area to utilize in the space between the grill/bumper and radiator support. You could mount your methanol pump to the backside of the bumper reinforcement as well. Good luck, OP!

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #6
oachalon

I have the methanol pump mounted off the horn bracket. That is not really the issue. Its the mounting of the windshield washer fluid pump. On all of the windshield washer relocation kits, they mount the washer pump at the location of the factory washer reservoir. Since i am using that as my meth reservoir, its not gone so there is no place to mount that pump.

I was hoping Roto-fab or someone else who moves the tank would also move the pump to that same location and just use an extension harness for the pump wiring.

I dont really care that i am losing my windshield washer fluid, but i figure while I am in there, if there is a somewhat easy solution might as well do it to keep it.