Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #393
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Hell yeah those would look sick! What about the calipers? You going to stay black or offset it with red ones? I've been wanting to ask you about your mirror radar also, are you liking it? Does the radar work good in that cover?
I'm not sure about the calipers yet probably will stay with black, especially after today (see below) The VI radar system in my rearview works fantastic, never a faulty signal & highly recommended!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
HOLY HELL!! you mean they make mirrors that look like transformers mirrors?? My uncles been wanting those. Where are you getting them from?!
Oracle is making them now, AAC has a thread up and I know a sponsor that has quite a few sets unpainted. Antidote Performance has a bunch, their number is 714-808-0270 & www.cureyourcar.com is their site. Tell them I sent you!

So I went to Antidote today to get my mirrors installed, because yesterday after getting my wheels & tires, Wheel Warehouse forgot to set my TPMS, so since they're in the same center why not kill 2 birds with one stone.

And next on my mod list was interior stuff like stereo, reverse camera, painted door inserts, etc...Well, put it this way, I walked out about $XXXX lighter I'm a sucker for quality! And these guys ROCK & they're so damn talented!!!!

So the guys at Antidote (Jake & his dad, Cameron) were nice enough to give me a ride home because they said, well the doors are apart, lets just do this. So going in now is:
Painted Piano Black Schosche Kit (Converts HVAC to touch screen)
Painted Piano Black Door inserts & dash trim
Pioneer Z140BH (Bad ASS) Head Unit
Morel Front & Rear Speakers
Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer
Arc Audio 4 Channel Amp
Arc Audio 2 Channel Amp
OEM Integration Back up Camera (will show on screen)
Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure (molded to side of trunk)
Oracle Halo LED Colorshift Lighting for headlights & DRLs
Custom matched leather Amp board with matching thread to seats

So Camaro-less until next Wednesday then I had to postpone my date with Cunningham Motorsports for the cam & injectors until Thursday.....When will the money stop???? I really think I'm done.........After the new brakes

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #394
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
you ever think about tinted license plate covers? itll take a lot of that white out..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #395
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
you ever think about tinted license plate covers? itll take a lot of that white out..

Good idea, I'll have to see if they're legal....I don't know why, because I have so much illegal shit on my car it's not funny!
I have them on my Tahoe

Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #396
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Damn that's a lot of new upgrades! But yeah after reading those you might want the black calipers. Oh and I think you might want to get ahold of Camaro Now and try to get a feature in the next issue! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #397
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Damn that's a lot of new upgrades! But yeah after reading those you might want the black calipers. Oh and I think you might want to get ahold of Camaro Now and try to get a feature in the next issue! I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do
I'm trying brotha!!!

Here's a pic of my head unit with the painted Schoshe kit that they just installed in a black ZL1
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #398
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Maybe you can make the front a little different then the others by adding a mail slot to the zl1 bumper. I actually dont know if any people really do that at all. Just an idea brotha.

I feel like I have the kid's version of your car :(
You still have my favorite black camaro...ever.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #399
Kronix

Quote:
Maybe you can make the front a little different then the others by adding a mail slot to the zl1 bumper. I actually dont know if any people really do that at all. Just an idea brotha.

I feel like I have the kid's version of your car :(
You still have my favorite black camaro...ever.
I have Oracle LEDs behind the grill in white & red, so that makes it a little different. Don't you remember all the trouble I went through on my old bumper to get rid of that non functional mailslot? Never again! The Oracle Halo kit for the headlights & DRLs will really make it stand out too. Can't wait to drive around with green halos!

Thank you for the compliments brother! Modding takes time, just plan it out and save your money. I know it's hard on a college students life but you'll get there brother!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #400
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I have Oracle LEDs behind the grill in white & red, so that makes it a little different. Don't you remember all the trouble I went through on my old bumper to get rid of that non functional mailslot? Never again! The Oracle Halo kit for the headlights & DRLs will really make it stand out too. Can't wait to drive around with green halos!

Thank you for the compliments brother! Modding takes time, just plan it out and save your money. I know it's hard on a college students life but you'll get there brother!
ohhhh yea I forgot you hated it hahaha. I like it, thats why I thought of it. And yea the lights look sick
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #401
Kronix

Quote:
ohhhh yea I forgot you hated it hahaha. I like it, thats why I thought of it. And yea the lights look sick
Didn't hate it, just wish it was functional. Now I see they make a kit that makes it functional. Should cool the engine nicely for those that go that route!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #402
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey J , I was just checking out the tracking number you gave me and it looks like the rims are arriving at the airport tommorow , can you post some pics of the black rotors on the car when you get them i'd really like to see how they look maybe i'll get a set too , thanks bro for all the shit you went through to send me those rims ,really appreciate it ma HT broda .
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #403
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey J , I was just checking out the tracking number you gave me and it looks like the rims are arriving at the airport tommorow , can you post some pics of the black rotors on the car when you get them i'd really like to see how they look maybe i'll get a set too , thanks bro for all the shit you went through to send me those rims ,really appreciate it ma HT broda .
Damn P, I thought for sure you would've caught this that happened yesterday.......
Painted Piano Black Schosche Kit (Converts HVAC to touch screen)
Painted Piano Black Door inserts & dash trim
Pioneer Z140BH (Bad ASS) Head Unit
Morel Front & Rear Speakers

Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer
Arc Audio 4 Channel Amp
Arc Audio 2 Channel Amp
OEM Integration Back up Camera (will show on screen)

Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure (molded to side of trunk)
Oracle Halo LED Colorshift Lighting for headlights & DRLs
Custom matched leather Amp board with matching thread to seats

Here's the Granatelli Brake Page, but I don't see the black rotors anymore

http://granatellimotorsports.com/ind...arch_str=&pg=1
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #404
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
That scoche dash kit looks sweet gonna order one for me next week ,really dig the painted one looks awesome ,i'm gonna paint it CGM like the rest of my trim
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #405
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Quote:
Good idea, I'll have to see if they're legal....I don't know why, because I have so much illegal shit on my car it's not funny!
J, I'm pretty sure that any cop that pulled you over, would do it either because you were speeding, or he wanted to tell you that you have the sickest car hes ever seen. My uncle was a cop for 32 years as a patrol sergeant and he had no problem with illegal mods. in fact he asked one guy about his car ( was a supra with a twin turbo 305) and he got out of the ticket by showing my dad under the hood.

Last edited by kickasswelch69; 12-07-2012 at 10:43 AM.
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #406
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
J, I'm pretty sure that any cop that pulled you over, would do it either because you were speeding, or he wanted to tell you that you have the sickest car hes ever seen. My uncle was a cop for 32 years as a patrol sergeant and he had no problem with illegal mods. in fact he asked one guy about his car ( was a supra with a twin turbo 305) and he got out of the ticket by showing my dad under the hood.

Cali's a whole different animal, the cops from what I hear are pricks....Back home on the east coast, some of my best friend's are Philly PD and I have cards & license plate badges, but I doubt that'll do me any good here. They even have a huge flashing sign about loud exhaust in Hermosa Beach & God forbid you're in Huntington Beach with tinted windows, whenever I surf down there I have to roll my Tahoe windows down

But so far I've been lucky, but with 2200 miles I've barely driven the car, so hopefully my luck will continue.

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx